X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok fellas one just popped in to my head.

in the mid '60s when Em Tunnell was coaching the Giants secondary , what was the nickname his guys (Spider Lockhart, Willie Williams, Clarence Childs, Henry Carr. ect.) aquired as a group?
    [/quote]

I was baffled for a few seconds, and then it hit me... Emlin's Gremlins???

[/quote]
    wow...nice call.![B]
    thats not one you hear about much........you kinda had to be there.

who wore #80 during the 1990 season?
    [/quote]

It is funny... how much I have forgotten, yet Emlin's Gremlins popped into my brain. You saying, "...his guys," was the tipoff. As soon as i thought Emlin... Grmelin jumped right in.I can't recall if I saw the reference in the paper, or on a CBS broadcast, but it stuck with me. Too bad school work doesn't stick as well

Comment

who wore #80 during the 1990 season?

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

Name the player with the most fair catches on punt returns in Giant history?

[ yup it was Morral to Homer Jones 98 yard TD] Nice callZ and YA

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

Just cuz he did it the longest I can remember, Meggett

[/quote]

Very close Jints10.........just a little before Megget

Side note: Sorry about Brad Van Pelt.......never got to tell you that and I knowhe was your favorite

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

With your hint, I have to agree with Zim and Y.A., McConkey

We used to go see the players enter the Stadium on gamedays. We couldnt wait for Brad Van Pelt, he always made himself available to fans, signing autographs and answering questions. Brad was always a class act both on and off the field.

[/quote]
        you know who was like that?
        Andy Robustelli.

One day after a game at Yankee stadium I guess around 62 or 63 we all went on the field like everyone would do in those days.
        I guess my dad and uncle got to talking to Robustelli and they asked if he would take a picture with me so Andy picked me up and sat me on his left shoulder.
        I have no memory of it but I do remember having the picture and hearing the story at every Thanksgiving and Christmas after.
        unfortunately over the years and lots of moves the picture has been lost or deeply misplaced for I have not seen it in years and years.
        Andy is a kind soul
        [/quote]

Nice story...too bad you don't have the pics. Like when my grandfather gave me a ball autographed by all the '52 or '53 Dodgers, when I was 6-7. All my heroes were on that ball. When I was 10 - 11, we needed a ball for our sandlot games. We used it until the jacket was ripping off.

My aunt knew Robustelli and always said he was a real nice man. In '58 - '60 she was good friends with the NYG Offensive line... had 6-8 of them over every Monday after a game for big stew dinners. Frank Youso had them chip in for a handmade wool Blue Blanket with the Old Yankee Stadium Logowith theQuarter Back over topin the center in red and white. I'm going to take a pic of it and use it in my sig, someday when I figure out how to do it. I could use it for my avatar, too. Right now I'm using a drawing my grand daughter drew.

Now that Plax is back, we can concentrate on moving forward.

An easy one, now that I mentioned a wide receiver...

Who gets an assist for touching the ball before a Simms to McConkey TD in SB XX1?

This question should require 1 second of thinking. I'll have to think of a tougher one soon.

My aunt knew Rob

[/quote]

Bavaro

What Giant was drafted to play offense, became a starter on defence for the Giants,and later became a Head Coach but not for the Giants.

[/quote]

Sorry guys Landry is not the answer. This one is still alive.

Here is a hint was drafted to be awr but after 3 years he finally became a starter as a db 70s

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Side note: Sorry about Brad Van Pelt.......never got to tell you that and I knowhe was your favorite

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

We used to go see the players enter the Stadium on gamedays. We couldnt wait for Brad Van Pelt, he always made himself available to fans, signing autographs and answering questions. Brad was always a class act both on and off the field.

[/quote]
          Andy Robustelli.

One day after a game at Yankee stadium I guess around 62 or 63 we all went on the field like everyone would do in those days.
          I guess my dad and uncle got to talking to Robustelli and they asked if he would take a picture with me so Andy picked me up and sat me on his left shoulder.
          I have no memory of it but I do remember having the picture and hearing the story at every Thanksgiving and Christmas after.
          unfortunately over the years and lots of moves the picture has been lost or deeply misplaced for I have not seen it in years and years.
          Andy is a kind soul
          [/quote]

Nice story...too bad you don't have the pics. Like when my grandfather gave me a ball autographed by all the '52 or '53 Dodgers, when I was 6-7. All my heroes were on that ball. When I was 10 - 11, we needed a ball for our sandlot games. We used it until the jacket was ripping off.

My aunt knew Robustelli and always said he was a real nice man. In '58 - '60 she was good friends with the NYG Offensive line... had 6-8 of them over every Monday after a game for big stew dinners. Frank Youso had them chip in for a handmade wool Blue Blanket with the Old Yankee Stadium Logowith theQuarter Back over topin the center in red and white. I'm going to take a pic of it and use it in my sig, someday when I figure out how to do it. I could use it for my avatar, too. Right now I'm using a drawing my grand daughter drew.

Who gets an assist for touching the ball before a Simms to McConkey TD in SB XX1?

This question should require 1 second of thinking. I'll have to think of a tougher one soon.

My aunt knew Rob

[/quote]

Bavaro

What Giant was drafted to play offense, became a starter on defence for the Giants,and later became a Head Coach but not for the Giants.

[/quote]

Here is a hint was drafted to be awr but after 3 years he finally became a starter as a db 70s

[/quote]

As soon as you said 70's, I remembered Ray Rhodes... wide receiver to DB.

I still contend that **** Nolan is also a legit answer.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who wore #80 during the 1990 season?
            [/quote]

YA, this was a stumper. I had to look it up and It took me nearly 1/2 hour to find the answer. Bob Mroska, WR. Geez, I don't remember him at all.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

[/quote]
              Andy Robustelli.

Andy is a kind soul
              [/quote]

My aunt knew Rob

[/quote]

Bavaro

[/quote]

[/quote]
              Im racking my brain........

Ray Rhodes?

Comment

Yea sorry guys it was Ray Rhodes that I was thinkin of. I didnt know that Nolan played O

Comment

[quote user="jints10"]Yea sorry guys it was Ray Rhodes that I was thinkin of. I didnt know that Nolan played O[/quote]
                  that was tough........love it

who wore #80 in 1990?

and heres one I dont know the exact answer to......
                  what year did they change the original red Giants Stadium sign on the stadium?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]Yea sorry guys it was Ray Rhodes that I was thinkin of. I didnt know that Nolan played O[/quote]

who wore #80 in 1990?

[/quote]

Zim said Moroska is that not right?

I would have to say they changed the sign when they redid the stadium new press box ect... I think "94"

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

YA, this was a stumper. I had to look it up and It took me nearly 1/2 hour to find the answer. Bob Mroska, WR. Geez, I don't remember him at all.

[/quote]

Answer, above, YA.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]Yea sorry guys it was Ray Rhodes that I was thinkin of. I didnt know that Nolan played O[/quote]

who wore #80 in 1990?

[/quote]

All the zillions of times I drove by there, never noticed it changed... would never have realized it if you din't point it out

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Answer, above, YA.

[/quote]
                          yup Bob Mrosko
                          just one season with the Giants.

Comment

Fred Dryer played DE for the Giants from '69 - '71.

What team did he end his carrere with, '72 - '81?

Comment

LA Rams

What small Oklahoma college that no longer fields a football team did the Giants Hall of Fame player-coach Steve Owen play for?

Comment

[quote user="jints10"]

LA Rams

What small Oklahoma college that no longer fields a football team did the Giants Hall of Fame player-coach Steve Owen play for?

[/quote]

i would not know this if I had not read it recently in one of the many books I am currently juggling.

Phillips University.
                                did you know he was also a pro wrestler?

Why did the Giants stop selling field seats at Yankee Stadium in 1959?

Comment

Working...
                                X