X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

LA Rams

What small Oklahoma college that no longer fields a football team did the Giants Hall of Fame player-coach Steve Owen play for?

[/quote]

i would not know this if I had not read it recently in one of the many books I am currently juggling.

Phillips University.
    did you know he was also a pro wrestler?

Why did the Giants stop selling field seats at Yankee Stadium in 1959?
    [/quote]

Yea Phillips U

I had read somewhere that he was a wrestler guys didnt make too much money playing football back then. They needed other ways to make income.

Ya got me stumped with the Yankee Stadium question. Was it simply cuz they were sold out?

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

LA Rams

What small Oklahoma college that no longer fields a football team did the Giants Hall of Fame player-coach Steve Owen play for?

[/quote]

i would not know this if I had not read it recently in one of the many books I am currently juggling.

Phillips University.

[/quote]

Yea Phillips U

I had read somewhere that he was a wrestler guys didnt make too much money playing football back then. They needed other ways to make income.

Ya got me stumped with the Yankee Stadium question. Was it simply cuz they were sold out?

[/quote]
      During a game against the rival Browns thousands of fans overran the Browns bench and forced Paul Brown to pull his team off the field.
      the game was almost forfeited to the Brown but the police eventually gathered order and the final 2 min were played.
      from that day on no field seats were sold at Yankee Stadium.

In 1963 what defensive player got in a fist fight (that had been brewing all game) with Jim Brown that got them both ejected?

for those of you who dont remember, Jim Brown was not know as a quick tempered fighting guy.
      he would say "nice tackle" very calmly and pat you on the helmet after you hit him with everything you had. his calmness infuriated players.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

LA Rams

[/quote]

Phillips University.

[/quote]

Yea Phillips U

[/quote]
        During a game against the rival Browns thousands of fans overran the Browns bench and forced Paul Brown to pull his team off the field.
        the game was almost forfeited to the Brown but the police eventually gathered order and the final 2 min were played.

In 1963 what defensive player got in a fist fight (that had been brewing all game) with Jim Brown that got them both ejected?

for those of you who dont remember, Jim Brown was not know as a quick tempered fighting guy.
        he would say "nice tackle" very calmly and pat you on the helmet after you hit him with everything you had. his calmness infuriated players.
        [/quote]

YA Was it Jimmy Patton who got into a fist fight with Jim Brown?

Bookie Bolin is one of our MB posters . The player was an offensiveGuard during the 60s. Name the otherGuard who played with him for many years. He had a "catchy" name also

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

LA Rams

[/quote]

Phillips University.

[/quote]

Yea Phillips U

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bookie Bolin is one of our MB posters . The player was an offensiveGuard during the 60s. Name the otherGuard who played with him for many years. He had a "catchy" name also

[/quote]

wasn't Patton

having a hard time understanding your question....

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

LA Rams

[/quote]

Phillips University.

[/quote]

Yea Phillips U

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wasn't Patton

[/quote]

Well then I would have to sayHuff and Brown went at each other

Name the 2 starting guards [OL] from around 62 to67. Greg Larson was the long time center. Name the 2 players on either side of him [in that time frame].....Bookie Bolan was one...who was the other? Hope that makes it clearer

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

LA Rams

[/quote]

Phillips University.

[/quote]

Yea Phillips U

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wasn't Patton

[/quote]

Name the 2 starting guards [OL] from around 62 to67. Greg Larson was the long time center. Name the 2 players on either side of him [in that time frame].....Bookie Bolan was one...who was the other? Hope that makes it clearer

[/quote]
              oh crystal clear thank you....hahaha

gotta be pro bowler Darrell Dess?

nope wasnt Huff .................was Tom Scott...they both got thrown out.

what future NBA star was a Giant fan as a kid and as legend has it wore the number he wore because of Mel Triplett?

Comment

Yup Darrell Dess is the man

Just gonna throw one out there and sayWalt Frazier if incorrect May need Tripletts number

Before being cut by Dan Reeves , Pepper Johnson Made a crack about the influx of Denver players and coaches to the Meadowlands "He said the New York Giants should be renamed the............??? He was let go soon after he made the comment. Reeves saw no humor in it at all

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

LA Rams

[/quote]

Phillips University.

[/quote]

Yea Phillips U

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wasn't Patton

[/quote]

[/quote]
                  oh crystal clear thank you....hahaha

gotta be pro bowler Darrell Dess?

nope wasnt Huff .................was Tom Scott...they both got thrown out.

what future NBA star was a Giant fan as a kid and as legend has it wore the number he wore because of Mel Triplett?
                  [/quote]

The kid in the back of the classroom raises his hand frantically. "I know. I know, Teacher."

had to be a young Lew Alcindor, who wore Triplett's number 33 to fame and glory.

It ticked me off that Lew went to UCLA from Power Memorial. In the 50's and 60's, the smart coaches, like **** McGuire,from around the country always recruited in the city... but with the publicity that Alcindor garnered, and being wooed away to california, it opened the floodgates for stealing all our good city kids. NYU eventually dropped BBall, and teams like St. John's and Manhattan, and CCNY, and Fordham were suddenly getting less of the talent. You's think NY City could field a national contender in college BBall? Not after Lew, Kareem, left.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Just gonna throw one out there and sayWalt Frazier if incorrect May need Tripletts number

Before being cut by Dan Reeves , Pepper Johnson Made a crack about the influx of Denver players and coaches to the Meadowlands "He said the New York Giants should be renamed the............??? He was let go soon after he made the comment. Reeves saw no humor in it at all

[/quote]

New York Bronco's??

Denver Giants??

I missed that reference by Pepper, thanks for enlightening me, but I knew that a lot of the Gmen felt that way, especially with Maddox brought in. I shared the resentment

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

New York Bronco's??

Denver Giants??

I missed that reference by Pepper, thanks for enlightening me, but I knew that a lot of the Gmen felt that way, especially with Maddox brought in. I shared the resentment

[/quote]

Very close Z "New Jersey Broncos" Reeves cut him soon after

Who was the holder for Raul Allegre most of the 86 Superbowlseason?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

New York Bronco's??

Denver Giants??

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it Jeff Rutlege

I hated that Dan Reeves brought in Horan and let Landetta go

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

New York Bronco's??

Denver Giants??

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it Jeff Rutlege

[/quote]

I agree with jints 10... had to be Rutledge. If it wan't him, then McConkey would be my 2nd choice. I don't ever remember Landetta doing the holding. Didn't Rutledge throw a TD pass to Carson out of the filed goal formation in '86?

I forgot about Horan... another Denver guy... strike 2 against Reeves. Despite his whiff in Chicago in the previous NFC championship, the fans liked Landetta.... gave him the benefit of the doubt... the wind blew the ball to the side ...lol. Only Landetta knows the truth.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

New York Bronco's??

Denver Giants??

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it Jeff Rutlege

[/quote]

I agree with jints 10... had to be Rutledge. If it wan't him, then McConkey would be my 2nd choice. I don't ever remember Landetta doing the holding. Didn't Rutledge throw a TD pass to Carson out of the filed goal formation in '86?

I forgot about Horan... another Denver guy... strike 2 against Reeves. Despite his whiff in Chicago in the previous NFC championship, the fans liked Landetta.... gave him the benefit of the doubt... the wind blew the ball to the side ...lol. Only Landetta knows the truth.

[/quote]

Yeah it was Rutledge Guys and I'm pretty sure he threw the fake field goal TD pass to Carson although not positive. Need some help on that one

Who was our center who snapped the ball on "The Fumble" 1978 [throw rotten tomatoes at me if you want tofor bringing thisup[:'(] ]

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

New York Bronco's??

Denver Giants??

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it Jeff Rutlege

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah it was Rutledge Guys and I'm pretty sure he threw the fake field goal TD pass to Carson although not positive. Need some help on that one

Who was our center who snapped the ball on "The Fumble" 1978 [throw rotten tomatoes at me if you want tofor bringing thisup[:'(] ]

[/quote]

gotta be Jimmy Clack?
                              didnt he wear #56?
                              I think he even has rings with the Steelers

in 1960 when Don Chandler was injured, who took punt duties for 3 games?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

New York Bronco's??

Denver Giants??

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it Jeff Rutlege

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

gotta be Jimmy Clack?
                                didnt he wear #56?
                                I think he even has rings with the Steelers

in 1960 when Don Chandler was injured, who took punt duties for 3 games?
                                [/quote]

It was Jim Clack and I believe he did wearno. 56

Racking my brain on the Chandler question My first thought would be a QB so I'll say Connerly

Name the Offensive Coordinator fired the day after "the fumble"

Comment

Working...
                                X