This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

IU'm going to agree with SEC on the Conerly answer. He was an excellent athlete and cam from an era when more guys did double duty in high school and college, so I can imagine Conerly having some punting experience.

I went back to the 1986 archives. I can't say it is a fact, but that whole year Rutledge had 1 pass completion in 3 attempts, and it was for a TD. Harry Carsom, on the other hand,is credited withone pass reception, for 1 TD... so, I think my memory was right for that. I can remember Carson running for the TD and he had the biggest grin when he scored.

I can also remember that our OC was fired the day after the Fumble, but I can't remember who it was.

Comment

Conerly it was.

ladies and gentlemen the lovely Bob Gibson.

didnt he call a kneeldown the play before and Pisarcik almost fumbled that?...hahahaha

who was the O coordinator in 1961?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]Conerly it was.

didnt he call a kneeldown the play before and Pisarcik almost fumbled that?...hahahaha

[/quote]

I don't know this one, and I looked for references and couldn't find the answer... So, I am going to make a guess that Sherman was just vain enough that he made himself O Coordinator.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

I don't know this one, and I looked for references and couldn't find the answer... So, I am going to make a guess that Sherman was just vain enough that he made himself O Coordinator.

[/quote]
          hint......he is a former player who played again after that season at O coordinator but for a different team

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
            hint......he is a former player who played again after that season at O coordinator but for a different team
            [/quote]

I'll try Don Hiendrick [sp]he was another qb my Dad used to talk about

Name the Giants STARTING QB in the infamous72 - 41 loss to the Redskins around 1966

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
              [/quote]

Name the Giants STARTING QB in the infamous72 - 41 loss to the Redskins around 1966

[/quote]
              Heinrich it was......nice!

I have a pretty clear memory of that game because of the unusually high score.

Gary wood started the game but Tom Kennedy a rookie finished it.
              what I dont recall is if Wood was hurt or they just put Kennedy in to mop up.

who replaced Landry as D coach in 1960?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice Call YA Actually Tom Kennedy started but was picked off numerous times and fumbled, something like that, before Gary Wood entered the the game and lit the Redkins up[]

Would that be where Allie Sherman entered the picture? As D coach in 1960?

Comment

What former NY Giant great turns 34 today??

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]What former NY Giant great turns 34 today??[/quote]

Tiki?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice Call YA Actually Tom Kennedy started but was picked off numerous times and fumbled, something like that, before Gary Wood entered the the game and lit the Redkins up[]

[/quote]
                      wow old age is kicking in..
                      I totally remember it backwards.......
                      I wonder why they would start a rookie

as far as D coach wasnt Allie.
                      hint.........this was when most of the coaches were also players

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know Harland Svare was LB , was he the coach

Name the player who crashed into Hostetlers knee [almost taking himout of the game] in our 15-13 win 1990 NFC Championship game against SF.

Comment

Does anyone know if the rumors that Edwards is coming here are true?

Comment

YA - I had no chance to remember this one until your hint, which was excellent. Now I'm still in a toss-up situation. We had a lot of good players and potential coaching talent on that defense... **** Nolan, Harland Svare, Jimmy Patton, **** Lynch... also had Mo and Robustelli, but I think coach would want a DB who could see the whole field... so, I'll go with Nolan as first choice and Svare as a second choice.

Good question.

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]Does anyone know if the rumors that Edwards is coming here are true?
                              [/quote]

We know nothing of any rumors LT.......Pleeeease....... we'd like to keep this thread on the air[]

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                                [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know Harland Svare was LB , was he the coach

Name the player who crashed into Hostetlers knee [almost taking himout of the game] in our 15-13 win 1990 NFC Championship game against SF.

[/quote]
                                Svare is correct my friend.

as far as Hostetler...that was his old team mate Jim Burt........I think?
                                I almost hope I'm wrong.......
                                ......cus I just completely pulled that outta my .........

Comment

Working...
                                X