X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

You guys are beating me to punch here.

YA - I agree with SEC on the Joe Morrison answer. It seemed so obvious to me, but I figured it could have been someone, a trickquestion,else as Joe has been the answer to other questions we have posed

SEC - I agree with YA on that one... Byron Hunt. I like him, he was a danged decent LB for us.

A few more tidbits about aunt Jean... she was a Rockette in the late 30's. While she was a WAC during WWII she had a boyfriend she lived with who drove away with her mobile home and they never caught him. She was so burned that she vowed never to get married, and she didn't.Was assigned to sellWar Bonds outside of the Polo Grounds at Giant games in '42 and, after the people would stop filing in, and she heard all the cheering inside, she figured she'd go in and watch the game. She was hooked and started her season tix the next year. She was going senilearoundthe '87 super bowl victory, but had enough cookies to appreciate the win. That summer, '87, she had a stroke and was really getting bad. One rainy summerSaturday I figured I'd put on the VHS tape of our victory over Denver for her, and I sit her down and start playing the game. She says, "Oh, I didn't know we had a game today. Who's playing?"- "It's the Super Bowl victory, against Denver,Aunt Jean." - "Oh, who are we playing?" - "Denver." - "Oh. Are we playing home or in Denver?" - "Pasadena, Aunt Jean, it's the Super Bowl that we just beat Denver in." Three minutes later we go through the same routine. This went on for the entire game. She didn't have a clue. It was humerous, but very sad. But, she did remember LT, Harry, Bavaro, and Simms, and any time their names were mentioned she would say how great they were. She died the summer before the great '90 season. From 1943 to about the '84 season she never missed a single home game, although every time we had a game at Shea she vowed she would never go back again... hated it there. But, of course we always went back. Before her bad days she could remember everything about every Giant player. She would have had zero problem answering any questions we've had here. She HATED Allie, from day one. Blamed him totally for our downfall and trading away all our good players. It used to be fun getting Christmas cards for her at our house from several of the older guys... Rote, Morrison, Webster, Conerly, and most of the guys on the offensive line. That was her bread and butter... always said a championship team starts with the O line. Tittle would throw a bomb to Homer and she be screaming about the great block that so and so threw. You guys would have loved her.

[/quote]

Z Very much enjoyed the story of Aunt Jeans life What a great fan

Who was the last player to wear the number 32 for the Giants? This may be a lot tougher than you guys realize at first look

[/quote]

Are you kidding? Tough? Dang near impossible! lol I can't rememeber a single Giant that ever wore that No. If YA doesn't get this I'll do some research.

Comment

It took me 30 seconds of research to find the answer. No wonder I couldn't remember a #32. I think there's a chance YA will get this, so I'll only answer if YA passes

Comment

Who was the back-up Giants QB in SB 21, and what significance did hehave in that game?

Comment

[quote user="yo-ho"]Who was the back-up Giants QB in SB 21, and what significance did hehave in that game?[/quote]

Yo Ho That would be Jeff Rutledge and I believe he gained a critical first down on afake punt ?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]It took me 30 seconds of research to find the answer. No wonder I couldn't remember a #32. I think there's a chance YA will get this, so I'll only answer if YA passes[/quote]

I like to see if YA knows this #32 deserves the recognition for what he did for our country

On the opening kickoff in Super Bowl 25 What Giant made the tackle? He was never afraid to mix it up with the big guys

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="zimonami"]It took me 30 seconds of research to find the answer. No wonder I couldn't remember a #32. I think there's a chance YA will get this, so I'll only answer if YA passes[/quote]

I like to see if YA knows this #32 deserves the recognition for what he did for our country

On the opening kickoff in Super Bowl 25 What Giant made the tackle? He was never afraid to mix it up with the big guys

[/quote]
              just got home...been out on business since last night
              this question has me buzzing.....

thats Al Blozis from my home state of NJ
              just a few towns away in Garfield.

way before my time but I had that little nugget tucked away in my brain.

been trying to think of who made the tackle on the opening kick off.
              can't figure it out.

Wild guess..........Meggett.........im going strictly on the "mix it up with the big boys" comment

Comment

#32, 2nd Lt. Al Blozis lost his life in France in WWII while searching alone for two missing men from his platoon. Giants retired his number to honor him.

Since I couldn't remember anyone ever wearing #32, first thing I did was go to the Giants retired numbers... bingo.

I'm hoping they do the right thing and also retire Harry's #53 someday. If he's good enough for the HOF, his No.deserves to be retired. Simm's No. is retired, and he hasn't made the hall.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

Gotta be a small guy, from the hint. I'm gonna guess Stacy Robinson. My second choice would be Reyna Thompson.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

Gotta be a small guy, from the hint. I'm gonna guess Stacy Robinson. My second choice would be Reyna Thompson.

[/quote]
                    Robinson is a great guess.
                    good chance its him

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                      Robinson is a great guess.
                      good chance its him
                      [/quote]

Reyna Thompson was the gunner at the time so I would go with him.

I am having a hard time with my internet connection, getting Fios on Tues.

Comment

After leaving the organization in '64 Andy Robustelli rejoined the Giants family 10 years later.

what position did he hold?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]

After leaving the organization in '64 Andy Robustelli rejoined the Giants family 10 years later.

[/quote]

Wasn't he GM for 1 or 2 (Max.) seasons?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats my thought also................... GM

Lot good replies regarding the who made the tackle on theopening kickoff.

It was Matt Bahr the kicker

What college did DC Bill Belichek attend?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lot good replies regarding the who made the tackle on the*opening kickoff.

[/quote]

Wesleyan U

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lot good replies regarding the who made the tackle on theopening kickoff.

[/quote]
                                Andy returned to the organization first as Directer of Operations
                                really not sure about Belichick

Comment

Working...
                                X