This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"]

After leaving the organization in '64 Andy Robustelli rejoined the Giants family 10 years later.

what position did he hold?

[/quote]

Wasn't he GM for 1 or 2 (Max.) seasons?

[/quote]

Thats my thought also................... GM

Lot good replies regarding the who made the tackle on theopening kickoff.

It was Matt Bahr the kicker

What college did DC Bill Belichek attend?

[/quote] Wesleyan U what is the name of the leader who imprisoned Mathias Kiwanuka's father in 1969[/quote]

Idi Amin Dada? A real nut case

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"]

After leaving the organization in '64 Andy Robustelli rejoined the Giants family 10 years later.

what position did he hold?

[/quote]

Wasn't he GM for 1 or 2 (Max.) seasons?

[/quote]

Thats my thought also................... GM

Lot good replies regarding the who made the tackle on the*opening kickoff.

It was Matt Bahr the kicker

What college did DC Bill Belichek attend?

[/quote] Wesleyan U what is the name of the leader who imprisoned Mathias Kiwanuka's father in 1969[/quote]

Idi Amin Dada?* A real nut case

[/quote]

nice i deleted that cause i thought it was too hard/obscure

Comment

name the running back that came over from the Oilers in 1981?
        he was very productive and a great TEAM guy
        Houston drafted him out of Miami of Ohio

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]name the running back that came over from the Oilers in 1981?
          [/quote]

Rob Carpenter, 161 yards vs the Eagles in the playoffs that year. Loved the guy.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]name the running back that came over from the Oilers in 1981?
            [/quote]

That would be Rob Carpenter YA..................very good hard nosed runner.....always liked him

What year was YA Tittle an assistant coach with the Giants?

Comment

[/quote]

An easy one... Rob Carpenter. One of my favorite players during his years with us. He was a great team guy... ran, blocked and caught passes out of the backfirld. His unforced, open field fumble in the '85-'86 NFC championship game against Chicago was a killer. Would have been a big first down. He was gone to the rams after that and I was always sorry he wasn't there to enjoy our SB victory the next year.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

That would be Rob Carpenter YA..................very good hard nosed runner.....always liked him

[/quote]

Tittle was an assistant from 69-73

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was only for one year JINTS10................ 1969 I'll have to check my resources

Those years would make more sense

What year was the first Mondaynight game the Giants played @ Giant Stadium. Hint: the lights went out that night due to a power failure [figures right? lol]

Comment

I got a problem heregang. I just checked my email and I'm getting like 10 emails a day sent to me , each part of some randomdifferent thread from the message board. It says theres some way to turn that off while on the MBso I don't get these. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was only for one year JINTS10................ 1969 I'll have to check my resources

Those years would make more sense

What year was the first Mondaynight game the Giants played @ Giant Stadium. Hint: the lights went out that night due to a power failure [figures right? lol]

[/quote]

1982 vs Greenbay, I can't believe it took so long for the Giants to host Monday night.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]I got a problem heregang. I just checked my email and I'm getting like 10 emails a day sent to me , each part of some randomdifferent thread from the message board. It says theres some way to turn that off while on the MBso I don't get these. Any help would be appreciated[/quote]

Can't help ya' SEC. Strange. Can't imagine why that would be. Maybe the Mods can help.

'82? Really? That bites. I can see '73 and '74 when we had Yale Bowl as our home, and '75 at Shea, but with a new Stadium in '76 you's think they'd give us a game. We were bad in those days, but still...

Comment

What "Super Bowl" Giant was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Stars?

Comment

[quote user="jints10"]What "Super Bowl" Giant was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Stars?[/quote]

I think it was Sean Landeta......could be wrong though.

what quarterback literally packed up and walked out on the team when Norm Snead was named the starter in......
                            I believe it was 1973?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]What "Super Bowl" Giant was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Stars?[/quote]

what quarterback literally packed up and walked out on the team when Norm Snead was named the starter in......
                              I believe it was 1973?
                              [/quote]

Randy Johnson right?

here's a good one.....it's a two parter

an award for the best college football player in Mississippi was named after a famous Giant

Three of these awards are owned by current members of the G-men

what's the award and who are the giants that own it?

Comment

[quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]What "Super Bowl" Giant was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Stars?[/quote]

I believe it was 1973?
                                [/quote] Randy Johnson right? here's a good one.....it's a two parter an award for the best college football player in Mississippi was named after a famous Giant Three of these awards are owned by current members of the G-men what's the award and who are the giants that own it?[/quote]

Got to be an award named after Charlie Conerly.

I'd say Eli is one. We have Dockery, Boley, and Henderson on the current squad from Miss. colleges, so it's got to be 2 of those 3

Comment

Working...
                                X