This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]What "Super Bowl" Giant was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Stars?[/quote]

I think it was Sean Landeta......could be wrong though.

what quarterback literally packed up and walked out on the team when Norm Snead was named the starter in......
    I believe it was 1973?
    [/quote]

Not Landeta, close though,Sean was drafted in the 14th round by the Stars. They were both drafted the same year by the Stars in 1983.

I agree the qb had to be Randy Johnson, Giants qb after Fran.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]What "Super Bowl" Giant was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Stars?[/quote]

what quarterback literally packed up and walked out on the team when Norm Snead was named the starter in......
      I believe it was 1973?
      [/quote]

Not Landeta, close though,Sean was drafted in the 14th round by the Stars. They were both drafted the same year by the Stars in 1983.

[/quote]

I think that would be Bart Oates... One of our many great centers

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"]

I believe it was 1973?
        [/quote]

[/quote]

I think that would be Bart Oates... One of our many great centers

[/quote]

You got it Bart Oates

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]What "Super Bowl" Giant was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Stars?[/quote]

I believe it was 1973?
          [/quote] Randy Johnson right? here's a good one.....it's a two parter an award for the best college football player in Mississippi was named after a famous Giant Three of these awards are owned by current members of the G-men what's the award and who are the giants that own it?[/quote]

Got to be an award named after Charlie Conerly.

I'd say Eli is one.* We have Dockery, Boley, and Henderson on the current squad from Miss. colleges, so it's got to be 2 of those 3

[/quote]

nice it is the Conerly Award

it's a trick question kind of, three awards given but only to two players, two for Eli and one for Boley

Comment

[quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]What "Super Bowl" Giant was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Stars?[/quote]

I believe it was 1973?
            [/quote] Randy Johnson right? here's a good one.....it's a two parter an award for the best college football player in Mississippi was named after a famous Giant Three of these awards are owned by current members of the G-men what's the award and who are the giants that own it?[/quote]

Got to be an award named after Charlie Conerly.

I'd say Eli is one. We have Dockery, Boley, and Henderson on the current squad from Miss. colleges, so it's got to be 2 of those 3

[/quote] nice it is the Conerly Award it's a trick question kind of, three awards given but only to two players, two for Eli and one for Boley[/quote]

I guess Eli won it Jr and Sr years. I knew it was named after Charlie... had to be. He was always a good ole boy, well known to be from Miss

Comment

I believe it was 1973?
              [/quote]

Randy Johnson right?

here's a good one.....it's a two parter

an award for the best college football player in Mississippi was named after a famous Giant

Three of these awards are owned by current members of the G-men

what's the award and who are the giants that own it?[/quote]

yup Randy Johnson it was.......
              ole Norm still had a little left in the tank

Comment

what offensive lineman came over from the Browns in 1972 and wore #72?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what offensive lineman came over from the Browns in 1972 and wore #72?
                  [/quote]

I had to look this one up. Then, when I see the name it's like,
                  Oh, yeah. Dang. I should have remembered that one. If no one else gets it, I'll post the answer.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what offensive lineman came over from the Browns in 1972 and wore #72?
                    [/quote]

Oh, yeah. Dang. I should have remembered that one. If no one else gets it, I'll post the answer.

[/quote]
                    you gotta tell me where you look this stuff up and find it.

its rare that I do ....but when I do look something up....I find nothing..hahahahahaha

share your secret...please

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

its rare that I do ....but when I do look something up....I find nothing..hahahahahaha

[/quote]

The reference I use most is to go up to the History tab. On that page go to 1960-2002 seasons. Then, on that site I just scrolled down to 1972 season and looked for #72...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Giants_players - This is the link I use second most. I like this list and have used it for a long timebecause I'll just pick out an old name I haven't thought of in a while and start checking out more about them.

There are some things that you can't find... you either remember or you don't, like Emlen's Gremlins. Sometimes I just have to dig and dig

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The reference I use most is to go up to the History tab. On that page go to 1960-2002 seasons. Then, on that site I just scrolled down to 1972 season and looked for #72...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Giants_players - This is the link I use second most. I like this list and have used it for a long timebecause I'll just pick out an old name I haven't thought of in a while and start checking out more about them.

There are some things that you can't find... you either remember or you don't, like Emlen's Gremlins. Sometimes I just have to dig and dig

[/quote]

Im looking all over the history part of the site and for the life of me cannot find this roster you are talking about.

can you guide me?

Comment

Up at the top of this page, click on History. Scroll down to All-Time Statistical Information and you'll see 1960-2002, Stats, scores and rosters. Click on thyat and you'll see the first entry, with Jim Lee Howell at the top as coach. There are 2 pages for each year.. If, for some reason, you don't get see the same links as I get, let me know. This is great stuff if you haven't seen it before.

Comment

http://www.giants.com/photos/03_60_02_info.pdf

YA - This is the link to the 1960-2002 info

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

never seen that before.......
                              its like a candy store

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

never seen that before.......
                                its like a candy store
                                [/quote]

Good stuff, eh? I love it and havereferenced it for years. The only problem I have with it is that they need to get it updated beyond 2002.

Comment

Working...
                                X