This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"]Doug Van Horn slid over from RG to RT to replace Taffoni.
    Van Horn then moved to LG when WHO took over the RT position?
    [/quote]

RT was taken over by Ron Mikolajczyk. Van Horn had a nice career for us, moving from Guard to Tackle and back to guard again . Some peoples think D. Diehl will end up doing the same, if we can get a primo LT... but, would he then replace Snee or Seubert?

Comment

before my next question I have to say how much I enjoy you guys and your contribution to this thread.
      it is so nice to have fellow fans that share such a great amount of knowledge and love for our team.

when im out on business or just doing other things I find myself thinking about this thread and racking my brain for new questions.

this thread we have going here has made me think about things i havent thought of in years and years and it feels great to relive these times with you guys.
      I often wonder if through the years we were in the same stadium cheering for the same touchdowns and cursing the same mishaps
      ......so I guess Im sayin thanks for being who you are, and I truly enjoy all of your input very much.

.......so I'll give you this guys name...you give me his # and position.....

D!!ck Enderle...i think I spelled that right.....

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]before my next question I have to say how much I enjoy you guys and your contribution to this thread.
        it is so nice to have fellow fans that share such a great amount of knowledge and love for our team.

when im out on business or just doing other things I find myself thinking about this thread and racking my brain for new questions.

this thread we have going here has made me think about things i havent thought of in years and years and it feels great to relive these times with you guys.
        I often wonder if through the years we were in the same stadium cheering for the same touchdowns and cursing the same mishaps
        ......so I guess Im sayin thanks for being who you are, and I truly enjoy all of your input very much.

[/quote]

He was a Guard from 72-75 don't know his number though

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]before my next question I have to say how much I enjoy you guys and your contribution to this thread.

[/quote]

Jints10 beat me to the punch on the answer... Van Horn was our RG, so Enderle had to be LG. I had to look his # up... #62. Looked him up to see who else he played with and discovered that he died last Sept at age 60, in his NY City Apt. RIP. D1ck

I echo your sentiments on this thread, YA. It's been a gas remembering the Giants from those earlier years... lots of memories. Even in the bad years I still appreciate those guys who toiled for us.

Comment

in 1972 opposite Willie Williams at corner was......?
            ...and what number did he wear?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]in 1972 opposite Willie Williams at corner was......?
              [/quote]

I've been waiting for this one... Pete Athas, #45.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]in 1972 opposite Willie Williams at corner was......?
                [/quote]

[/quote]

nice call Z........I actually enjoyed Petes playing style.
                a bit of a gambler but a decent athlete.

...Ron Hornsbys # and position???????

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember Pete the Greek as a safety.

Comment

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember Pete the Greek as a safety.

[/quote]

I think he did play safety on Cleveland and Minnesota
                    but I am pretty sure he was a corner for the Giants.
                    at least thats what I remember

Comment

[/quote]

Right back at you YA........Thank YOU for starting this great thread [dedicated to "Aunt Jean"] and for all the memories that have been brought back. Enjoy giving the mentions to the many men who have worn the Giant Blue over the years. Lets keep up the good work together with the fine posters on this thread and asalways GO GIANTS

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]Doug Van Horn slid over from RG to RT to replace Taffoni.
                        Van Horn then moved to LG when WHO took over the RT position?
                        [/quote]

Was it **** Enderle? YA

In late 1983 another team signed LT to a contract to begin playing for them in 1989 [that's correct]. The Maras quickly bought that contract out and signed LT to along term extension. Name the team and owner who did this

[/quote]

Generals and the owner was the Donald Trump I think it was for 1 mil

[/quote]

Thats it Jints 10

What game and against who did the Parcels Gatorade bath start.

Bonus Easter question.....................How many hard boiled eggs did Paul Newman say he could eat in "Cool Hand Luke"

[/quote]

Harry Carson started it But when? I'll say "85" Wild Card game vs 9ers.

Paul Newman can eat 50 eggs. HAHAHA

[/quote]

I was informed of this just this past weekend and it all started with Harry Carson and Jim Burt in crushing defeat of the Redskins Oct 1984

LOL Yeah "Cool Hand Luke" ate 50 of hard boiled eggs!!! Still a record to the best of my knowledge[]

Comment

On Thanksgiving day 1982 LT had that famous 97 yard interception return against Detroit Who was the Lions QB who threw that ball?

Comment

I'm on a 1972 kick.........for some reason that season stands out in my mind.....no idea why..

in that year there was a very controversial stolen ball play that occurred while playing the Redskins that went in favor of Washington.
                            a Giant player caught a pass from Snead turned to run and a Redskin pulled the ball from his hands.

what Giants caught the pass then had it stolen?
                            and it was stolen by what Redskin?

this can be tough..and I hope I remember the answers correctly...hahahaha

gotta take a second to pay respects to "the Bird"

rest in peace Mark Fidrych.
                            always enjoyed is strange style of pitching

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]On Thanksgiving day 1982 LT had that famous 97 yard interception return against Detroit Who was the Lions QB who threw that ball?[/quote]

Danielson...cannot remember his first name at the moment......ahhh its killing me.....

Mike?.....Ron?....what the hell was his name....?..hahahahahah

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I'm on a 1972 kick.........for some reason that season stands out in my mind.....no idea why..

in that year there was a very controversial stolen ball play that occurred while playing the Redskins that went in favor of Washington.
                                a Giant player caught a pass from Snead turned to run and a Redskin pulled the ball from his hands.

what Giants caught the pass then had it stolen?
                                and it was stolen by what Redskin?

this can be tough..and I hope I remember the answers correctly...hahahaha

gotta take a second to pay respects to "the Bird"

rest in peace Mark Fidrych.
                                always enjoyed is strange style of pitching
                                [/quote]

It was Gary Danielson

That play against Washington. I seem to remember the linebacker who stole the ball as [Chris?] Hamburger and just guessing the reciver was Bob Tucker

"The Bird" was one of a kind Gone way to young What pitcher ahe was for Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X