X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I'm on a 1972 kick.........for some reason that season stands out in my mind.....no idea why..

in that year there was a very controversial stolen ball play that occurred while playing the Redskins that went in favor of Washington.
    a Giant player caught a pass from Snead turned to run and a Redskin pulled the ball from his hands.

what Giants caught the pass then had it stolen?
    and it was stolen by what Redskin?

this can be tough..and I hope I remember the answers correctly...hahahaha

gotta take a second to pay respects to "the Bird"

rest in peace Mark Fidrych.
    always enjoyed is strange style of pitching
    [/quote]

It was Gary Danielson

That play against Washington. I seem to remember the linebacker who stole the ball as [Chris?] Hamburger and just guessing the reciver was Bob Tucker

"The Bird" was one of a kind Gone way to young What pitcher ahe was for Tigers

[/quote]

Is correct YA? I thought the ball was thrown twords Joe Morrison?

"The bird" was one crazy SOB with all his antics. It seems like a bad time for 50-somethings. One other celeb of note just died too Marylin Chambers []

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I'm on a 1972 kick.........for some reason that season stands out in my mind.....no idea why..

in that year there was a very controversial stolen ball play that occurred while playing the Redskins that went in favor of Washington.
      a Giant player caught a pass from Snead turned to run and a Redskin pulled the ball from his hands.

[/quote]

It was Gary Danielson

That play against Washington. I seem to remember the linebacker who stole the ball as [Chris?] Hamburger and just guessing the reciver was Bob Tucker

[/quote]

"The bird" was one crazy SOB with all his antics. It seems like a bad time for 50-somethings. One other celeb of note just died too Marylin Chambers []

[/quote]

Would that be the same Marilyn Chambers of Ivory soap detergent fame?[] I could have sworn she was known for something else[]

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

It was Gary Danielson

[/quote]

[/quote]

RIP Bird. I loved him. He was a gas fixing the dirt around the mound. Any second I expected him to pull out a packet of seeds and plant something. His second year he hurt a knee in Spring Training, and then his arm later that year... was never the same. Our Loss.

Marilyn Chambers? Behind the Green Door?

Yes, it was Chris Hanberger who stole the ball. I remember cursing him. But, I can't remember the Giant receiver.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

It was Gary Danielson

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would that be the same Marilyn Chambers of Ivory soap detergent fame?[] I could have sworn she was known for something else[]

[/quote]

One and the same.............. Does Linda Lovelace ring a bell?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]in 1972 opposite Willie Williams at corner was......?
            ...and what number did he wear?
            [/quote]

I've been waiting for this one... Pete Athas, #45.

[/quote]

nice call Z........I actually enjoyed Petes playing style.
            a bit of a gambler but a decent athlete.

...Ron Hornsbys # and position???????

[/quote]

Hornsby played LB, but I can't remember his #.

Pete "the Greek" Athas definitely played CB for us.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]in 1972 opposite Willie Williams at corner was......?
              [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea Hornsby and I don't know the number either

I thought the CB was Eldrige Small, but all I can actually remember him as is a bust.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

It was Gary Danielson

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One and the same.............. Does Linda Lovelace ring a bell?

[/quote]

Yes she was Richard Nixons secretary who spilled the beans confidentially aka "deep throat" Just Kidding

Comment

What Giant scored the first touchdown in SB 21?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]What Giant scored the first touchdown in SB 21?[/quote]

OJ Anderson scored the last one as a give me, and ended up being MVP of Super Bowl XXV.

OK your question Hmmm Joe Morris? Strickly a guess.

Martian got the safty right?

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea Hornsby and I don't know the number either

I thought the CB was Eldrige Small, but all I can actually remember him as is a bust.

[/quote]

Ron Hornsby... # 35. hahaha, I went to TOPPS and found his card... see my avatar. Looks like #35

Comment

[quote user="jints10"]

OJ Anderson scored the last one as a give me, and ended up being MVP of Super Bowl XXV.

[/quote]

Martin got the safety

It was a well known reciever and fan favorite who scored the first touchdown on a pass short pass from Simms SB 21

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

Martin got the safety

It was a well known reciever and fan favorite who scored the first touchdown on a pass short pass from Simms SB 21

[/quote]

Was it the guy who exposed himself to women Patriot reporters? Zeke Mowatt

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

Martin got the safety

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yup it was Zeke on a 5or 6 yard pass from Simms

Who recovered Sean Landettas "wind blown" mis punt for the bears TD in 85 playoff game?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

Martin got the safety

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yup it was Zeke on a 5or 6 yard pass from Simms

Who recovered Sean Landettas "wind blown" mis punt for the bears TD in 85 playoff game?

[/quote]

Shawn Gayle..........ugg

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

It was Gary Danielson

[/quote]

you guys are amazing...
                                it was Chris Hanburger who pulled the ball away and Ron Johnson caught the pass.

Ron Hornsby wore #67 as a Giant

you guys remember Bird talking to the ball? hahaha too much

Comment

Working...
                                X