This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

and oh yea it is Lana Clarkson

Didnt think anyone would mind seeind some Waters

[/quote]

i dont see Roger Waters or Lana Clarkson in that video.
    neither of those people rattling off sexual inuendos are Roger Waters nor Lana Clarkson
    [/quote]

You are 1/2 right Waters does not show himself in the vid but it is his LP and he wrote KAOS

Yes it is Lana Clarkson

[/quote]

this is Lana Clarkson in the 80s.....looks nothing like the woman in the vid.

she was also in ...
    Fast times at Ridgemont High
    Amazon women on the moon
    Barbarian Queen

all films I have seen many times and that is definitley not her in the vid.
    her name may be the same but the woman in the youtube vid is not the woman Spector was accused of killing

[/quote]

All right YA no biggie lets not let it ruin everything this thread stands for especially for not even being a GIANT. I read it on a Floyd board and went with it.

What Giant DE from the 70s played his college ball at Delta St.? another one of my favs

[/quote]
    oh absolutely
    I thought maybe she got some crazy plastic surgery or something....hahahaha
    hey...either of those blondes can play center if im quarterbacking.

...thats Jack Gregory wearing Robustellis number 81.
    he was a beast.............

what rookie in 1972 wore #24?
    [/quote]

Nice call with Gregory I used to pump my fist in the air and yell his name everytime he made a tackle. I think it made people mad? oh well

I wont take credit for Zim's call of Crist

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

neither of those people rattling off sexual inuendos are Roger Waters nor Lana Clarkson
      [/quote]

You are 1/2 right Waters does not show himself in the vid but it is his LP and he wrote KAOS

Yes it is Lana Clarkson

[/quote]

she was also in ...
      Amazon women on the moon
      Barbarian Queen

her name may be the same but the woman in the youtube vid is not the woman Spector was accused of killing

[/quote]

I went back and forth from the video to the pic that YA put up... I think there is a definite resemblance... they look fairly close. I'd like to be able to pull them up side-by-side. I was hoping to see if the woman in the vid was as well endowed as the woman in YA's pic, but it's too hard to tell if the chick in the vid has as big a set with that black blouse on. In any case we'll call it a tie.

If the vid was from 1986... sure, there is a tie-in to our great Giant team of '86...lol. It was a very good year. I turned 40 in '86 and can remember thinking,"Wow... 40... I'm old" Sure would be nice to go back in time, and enjoy that '86 season all over again. That team, to me, more than any other (the '90 team was close, and the last 4-5 games of 2007 were close), gave me a feeling in mostevery single game that we were in total control from the opening kick-off to the end. Our line dominated on both sides of the ball, and the D played with an intensity to match LT's. I remember Morris running through some of the biggest holes I have ever seen, before or since.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it is Lana Clarkson

[/quote]

she was also in ...
        Amazon women on the moon
        Barbarian Queen

[/quote]

All right YA no biggie lets not let it ruin everything this thread stands for especially for not even being a GIANT. I read it on a Floyd board and went with it.

What Giant DE from the 70s played his college ball at Delta St.? another one of my favs

[/quote]
        oh absolutely
        I thought maybe she got some crazy plastic surgery or something....hahahaha
        hey...either of those blondes can play center if im quarterbacking.

...thats Jack Gregory wearing Robustellis number 81.
        he was a beast.............

what rookie in 1972 wore #24?
        [/quote]

Nice call with Gregory I used to pump my fist in the air and yell his name everytime he made a tackle. I think it made people mad? oh well

I wont take credit for Zim's call of Crist

[/quote]

you and I were pumping our fists at the same time.

Gregory and Mendenhall were hands down my favorite players of the 70s
        VanPelt a close second.......just now as I typed his name I remembered people making a big deal about VanPelts salary at the time.....you guys remember anything about that?
        its vague but i remember something....

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it is Lana Clarkson

[/quote]

she was also in ...
          Amazon women on the moon
          Barbarian Queen

[/quote]

I went back and forth from the video to the pic that YA put up... I think there is a definite resemblance... they look fairly close. I'd like to be able to pull them up side-by-side. I was hoping to see if the woman in the vid was as well endowed as the woman in YA's pic, but it's too hard to tell if the chick in the vid has as big a set with that black blouse on. In any case we'll call it a tie.

If the vid was from 1986... sure, there is a tie-in to our great Giant team of '86...lol. It was a very good year. I turned 40 in '86 and can remember thinking,"Wow... 40... I'm old" Sure would be nice to go back in time, and enjoy that '86 season all over again. That team, to me, more than any other (the '90 team was close, and the last 4-5 games of 2007 were close), gave me a feeling in mostevery single game that we were in total control from the opening kick-off to the end. Our line dominated on both sides of the ball, and the D played with an intensity to match LT's. I remember Morris running through some of the biggest holes I have ever seen, before or since.

[/quote]

I knew I was younger than probably most of you guys at 44 but in my house their were only 3 tickets and I have 4 brothers. 2 are way older than me and 1 younger we used to kid dad that it was the mailman but we all look the same (kinda a family joke ) if I sound weird saying it. Dad moved from the Bronx to Jersey in 57 and couldent quite get the TV right (was always on the roof on Sun) so Mom decided to get Dad tickets for Christmass. My Uncle used to be a barber at Manhattan College and cut Tim Mara"s hair so we had an in. I just found out this year that everyone that sits around me knows Tim Mara in some way.

So we had 3 tickets 4 brothers and a Dad do the math. If you wanted to go to a game in my house you better be able to recite the roster, and not only that but the history. Dad made sure that real fans sat in our seats[] Its just me and my younger brother now, Dad is in Fla. still kicking (God Bless) and one brother lives in Cali (never really was a fan) but is married to a woman HAHA. The oldest is a season ticket holder for the Ravens ( yea he is a Giant fan and was disapointed in 2000). Me and my little bro 39 go to the games with a buddy now.

You guys were probably the ones throwing your mony and beer on me at the spirals at halftime. I used to come home with more than $40 each week after buying beer the whole second half ( I was only 15). Tickets were only like $12 then so Dad really didnt mind. I hardly ever sat in the seats but followed the play up and down the sidelines till Revees built the wall in "93"

I kinda wanted to do this andnow seemed like the time. Anybody else?

Comment

This is Natasha Henstridge. A giant trivia expert!

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it is Lana Clarkson

[/quote]

she was also in ...
              Amazon women on the moon
              Barbarian Queen

[/quote]

[/quote]

I knew I was younger than probably most of you guys at 44 but in my house their were only 3 tickets and I have 4 brothers. 2 are way older than me and 1 younger we used to kid dad that it was the mailman but we all look the same (kinda a family joke ) if I sound weird saying it. Dad moved from the Bronx to Jersey in 57 and couldent quite get the TV right (was always on the roof on Sun) so Mom decided to get Dad tickets for Christmass. My Uncle used to be a barber at Manhattan College and cut Tim Mara"s hair so we had an in. I just found out this year that everyone that sits around me knows Tim Mara in some way.

So we had 3 tickets 4 brothers and a Dad do the math. If you wanted to go to a game in my house you better be able to recite the roster, and not only that but the history. Dad made sure that real fans sat in our seats[] Its just me and my younger brother now, Dad is in Fla. still kicking (God Bless) and one brother lives in Cali (never really was a fan) but is married to a woman HAHA. The oldest is a season ticket holder for the Ravens ( yea he is a Giant fan and was disapointed in 2000). Me and my little bro 39 go to the games with a buddy now.

You guys were probably the ones throwing your mony and beer on me at the spirals at halftime. I used to come home with more than $40 each week after buying beer the whole second half ( I was only 15). Tickets were only like $12 then so Dad really didnt mind. I hardly ever sat in the seats but followed the play up and down the sidelines till Revees built the wall in "93"

[/quote]

I never threw beer on you Jints 10 .......................I was an observer [] thats all and I really mean it! Those were some fun days in the spirals before the men in yellow put a stop to it. Damm , you made some good cash running into the pit. Oh that pissed me off when those stupid walls went up. No way you could go the bath room , chat in the spirals and buy another beer in 12 MINUTES!!! I did get quite good at it though LOL You're post is bringing meback some great Giant Stadium memories which continue to this day

Comment

Who was first Giant running back to have 4 straight 1000 yard seasons?

Comment

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

This is Natasha Henstridge. A giant trivia expert!

[/quote]

Natasha! Come join the game.

She is both beautiful and intelligent. Good taste in teams, unlike Romo's misguided babe.

TY Bleedin Blue... good addition to the thread

Comment

My avatar... Jack Gregory for today. Every day I'll try to feature a Giant from our thread.Two days agoit was **** Enderle andyesterday it was Ron Hornby.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]My avatar... Jack Gregory for today. Every day I'll try to feature a Giant from our thread.Two days agoit was **** Enderle andyesterday it was Ron Hornby.[/quote]

Sounds good

Still asking though who was the first Giant running back to have 4 straight 1000 yard rushing seasons?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it is Lana Clarkson

[/quote]

she was also in ...
                        Amazon women on the moon
                        Barbarian Queen

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never threw beer on you Jints 10 .......................I was an observer [] thats all and I really mean it! Those were some fun days in the spirals before the men in yellow put a stop to it. Damm , you made some good cash running into the pit. Oh that pissed me off when those stupid walls went up. No way you could go the bath room , chat in the spirals and buy another beer in 12 MINUTES!!! I did get quite good at it though LOL You're post is bringing meback some great Giant Stadium memories which continue to this day

[/quote]

I never threw beer on you either Jints10. I'm in sec 111-112 and row 19. I always wished we were further back... 5 more rows and we'd be under the mezzanine and would stay dryer in the rain.

Hey, I graduated from Manhattan College in '68... but, I never went to your uncle, the on-campus barber. When I graduated I moved from NY to Conn, about 25 miles from New Haven/Yale Bowl. It was thatsummer that Aunt Jean took me to my first game... a preseason game at Yale Bowl. Then, she just figured it was easier to live with us during the season. The '73 and '74 seasons at Yale Bowl were a snap for us to get to. I always got a kick out of the men's room urinals... the wall. Everybody would be Mooing, like cattle.

In themid 60's Aunt Jean got 8 more tickets for family and friends in Inwood, wherethey alllived. Their tickets were all in the end-zone when the new stadium opened in '76, so they'd come over to our area and we'd all stand behind my section, close to the 50. We were all pissed when the walls went up, ruining our party every game. It was that kind of congregating, I assume, that made them put those danged walls up. They want the patrons to sit in their assigned seats... oh, boring. There were hundreds of peoples standing behind those railings in those days, and I guess they also didn't want the stadium to look like there were empty seats on TV. I'm curious if they'll have the same rotten obscured set-up in the new stadium. I remember in '78, The Fumble... when the Giants got the ball with about a minute left, we all walked over to stand behind the railing in the end-zone, behind the Giants. We were just waiting for the last play before zipping down the escalator to leave. When Edwards ran that ball in to the end-zone you could hear a pin drop. We were all looking at each other, in stunned disbelief. Not one word was uttered, from there out to our cars. Everbody was in shock, and incredibly fissed-off. That led to the real revolt. It was probably also that '78 season that the plane flew over with the banner about all our bad years of football. I was there, but I can't remember if it said 15 or 20 bad years of football. Anyways, George Young was hired in '79, and I always figured that The Fumble might have been a blessing in disguise.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="zimonami"]My avatar... Jack Gregory for today. Every day I'll try to feature a Giant from our thread.Two days agoit was **** Enderle andyesterday it was Ron Hornby.[/quote]

Sounds good

Still asking though who was the first Giant running back to have 4 straight 1000 yard rushing seasons?

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Johnson and Morris never did it. Then it would be Rodney Hampton... but, I thought Rodney did it 5 years in a row.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

Sounds good

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Johnson and Morris never did it. Then it would be Rodney Hampton... but, I thought Rodney did it 5 years in a row.

[/quote]
                            Rocking Rodney? If I'm wrong I'm sory for the rant were you guys there when Rodney mopped up a game. Fassel hated a big back. but the crowd knew ROD-NEY ROD-NEY

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it is Lana Clarkson

[/quote]

she was also in ...
                              Amazon women on the moon
                              Barbarian Queen

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never threw beer on you either Jints10. I'm in sec 111-112 and row 19. I always wished we were further back... 5 more rows and we'd be under the mezzanine and would stay dryer in the rain.

Hey, I graduated from Manhattan College in '68... but, I never went to your uncle, the on-campus barber. When I graduated I moved from NY to Conn, about 25 miles from New Haven/Yale Bowl. It was thatsummer that Aunt Jean took me to my first game... a preseason game at Yale Bowl. Then, she just figured it was easier to live with us during the season. The '73 and '74 seasons at Yale Bowl were a snap for us to get to. I always got a kick out of the men's room urinals... the wall. Everybody would be Mooing, like cattle.

In themid 60's Aunt Jean got 8 more tickets for family and friends in Inwood, wherethey alllived. Their tickets were all in the end-zone when the new stadium opened in '76, so they'd come over to our area and we'd all stand behind my section, close to the 50. We were all pissed when the walls went up, ruining our party every game. It was that kind of congregating, I assume, that made them put those danged walls up. They want the patrons to sit in their assigned seats... oh, boring. There were hundreds of peoples standing behind those railings in those days, and I guess they also didn't want the stadium to look like there were empty seats on TV. I'm curious if they'll have the same rotten obscured set-up in the new stadium. I remember in '78, The Fumble... when the Giants got the ball with about a minute left, we all walked over to stand behind the railing in the end-zone, behind the Giants. We were just waiting for the last play before zipping down the escalator to leave. When Edwards ran that ball in to the end-zone you could hear a pin drop. We were all looking at each other, in stunned disbelief. Not one word was uttered, from there out to our cars. Everbody was in shock, and incredibly fissed-off. That led to the real revolt. It was probably also that '78 season that the plane flew over with the banner about all our bad years of football. I was there, but I can't remember if it said 15 or 20 bad years of football. Anyways, George Young was hired in '79, and I always figured that The Fumble might have been a blessing in disguise.

[/quote]Nice Zim pretty good

Comment

boy will I miss those spirals.
                                of all the crazy things ive seen happen on those spirals
                                what i have seen go down at Jets games was way worse than anything at any Giant game Ive ever been to.
                                ....and let me tell you from 71 on I havent missed many.

a buddy of mine has four Jet seats, and now and again I go with him........to me those Jet fans have been borderline disrespectful to our house.

...all that talk about the spirals and when the walls werent there has me feeling 80s fellas...........

What DB wearing #34 had 6 interceptions in 1985???

Comment

Working...
                                X