This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="Nicks4Six"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="Nicks4Six"]Thanks for the welcome. I've been on these boards since early 2007 but under different names. I hardly ever come on here, but it's a good times when I do. Anyways, here's my question: Name the last time the Giants had three rookie quarterbacks on their roster that the same time. Extra points if you name them.[/quote]

In '92 we had Kent Graham and Dave Brown... I need to do some thinking on when we had 3 rooks

[/quote]

I think Simms and Hoss were still around in 92 Z.............Thats a tough question

Z

[/quote]

They were... we had 4 QB's on the roster. Wow.

[/quote]

OK... how about when we had Piscarcik, Jerry Golsteyn, and Randy Dean? I think they were all rooks in the same year... which was '77

Randy Dean... I believe he went to the Olympics for handball... Pretty sure we had that question on him last year.

Good question, Nicks

[/quote]

Well I looked up '77 and you are right they were the 3 rookie QBs that year, don't know if it was the last time, but I think it was.
    [/quote] That's correct! Here's my next question: When was the last and only time the Giants held opponents to just three touchdowns all season?[/quote]

Had to be forever ago, so I have no clue. Do you know the last time the Giants defense was ranked 1st in points allowed?
    [/quote]

I think the last time the Giants defense was ranked #1 in points was dan reeves first season.

That was LT, and Simms last season.

That was one of my favorite teams.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Well done....1993.

When were they last ranked 1st in yards?

And when was the Giants offense last ranked 1st?

Comment

[quote user="jmike"]Well done....1993.

When were they last ranked 1st in yards?

And when was the Giants offense last ranked 1st?
        [/quote]1959 for 1st in yards,and at a guess i would say either 62 or 63 for the # 1 offense....ah the y.a. tittle years!

Comment

Yes and yes

1959 for D

1963 they ranked 1st in both yards and points scored

Comment

In 1965 with the first overall pick, the New York Giants selected Tucker Fredrickson who went on to be a very good player for us.

The Bears held the 3rd and 4th picks overall. Name both hall of fame players they drafted in those positions.

I know, pretty easy question, but still I thought fun.

PS. JMIKE... like the avatar.

Scoops

Comment

[quote user="scoopscj"]In 1965 with the first overall pick, the New York Giants selected Tucker Fredrickson who went on to be a very good player for us.

The Bears held the 3rd and 4th picks overall. Name both hall of fame players they drafted in those positions.

I know, pretty easy question, but still I thought fun.

PS. JMIKE... like the avatar.

Scoops

[/quote]

Great question Scoops.....would it be these 2fellas []

Z

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="ny06"]

Can you name all the players here?

[/quote]Is that the wallin Wrigley Field? I thought the Bears always played in Soldier Field.[/quote]

Yes they did Jomo. Matter of fact Wrigley Field hosted more NFL games than other stadium at one point....right before the Bears moved to Soilder Field around 1970. Which leads me to this question..........What NFL Stadium hosted the most NFL games surpassing Wrigley Field?

Z

[/quote]
                Lambeau (sp) Field? Oh its a trick question Giants Stadium hosted both the Giants and the Jets!
                [/quote]

Giants Stadium it was Jints.....although I didn't think it was trick question[]

Z

Comment

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="ny06"]

Can you name all the players here?

[/quote]

I think I got 3

43= Spider

72=Jim Colvin? [same year we drafted BobLurtsema] 54= Ken Avery these two guys only played a year or 2 for the Giants

Z

[/quote]

Good job SEC

Do you know who # 52 is?

[/quote]

I do know who 52 [didn't see hisno. clearly enough] is..........when I was a little kid he handed me his chinstrap after a game down on the Yankee Stadium field LBer Bill Swain needless to say he was a favorite of mine for the few years he played with the Giants

Z

Comment

quick random question....Does anyone know if the giants had jesse Armstead as a safety in his rookie season?

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"]quick random question....Does anyone know if the giants had jesse Armstead as a safety in his rookie season?[/quote]

I have no recollection of him at safety....

doesnt mean it didnt happen........I just have no knowledge of it

anyone?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="allentown PA"]quick random question....Does anyone know if the giants had jesse Armstead as a safety in his rookie season?[/quote]

I have no recollection of him at safety....

doesnt mean it didnt happen........I just have no knowledge of it

anyone?[/quote]i don't think they did,they toyed with the idea,but it never came about.

Comment

in honor of # 3 on the top 100 list......

on my 36th birthday Lawrence Taylor played that notorious game with one shoulder strapped in place.......

how many sacks did he have that night ?

.....and how many forced fumbles?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]in honor of # 3 on the top 100 list......

on my 36th birthday Lawrence Taylor played that notorious game with one shoulder strapped in place.......

how many sacks did he have that night ?

.....and how many forced fumbles?[/quote]

4 sacks, 2 ff?

Were FF counted as sacks then?

Been a looooong time.

Comment

i think it was 3 and 3.

Comment

The number 12 sticks in my brain for tackles for LT.

That was an incredible performanceby LT that evening. Only others I remember that were that gutsy... Emmitt when he played the 2nd half of the playoff game against us with a dislocated shoulder, and Jack Youngblood/Rams playing a playoff game with a broken ?fibia?... some leg bone.

Comment

Working...
                                X