• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

Did you say Gary Jeter if so I say you are right

Larry LT Harry Carson Gary Jeter

Comment

who was the Giants linebacker coach in '75 and 76'?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who was the Giants linebacker coach in '75 and 76'?
        [/quote]

I can only remember Arnsbarger... can't remember his coaches. although I know it will be a name that we'd all recognize

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

I can only remember Arnsbarger... can't remember his coaches. although I know it will be a name that we'd all recognize

[/quote]
          you know this guy well.
          a future head coach

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
            you know this guy well.
            a future head coach
            [/quote]

would it be Marty Scotenheimer [sp] YA. Pretty sure he was linebacker coach

On the infamous Joe Theisman leg breaking incident the play called was a flea flicker. What was the Redskins fullback name who had the ball handed off to him and he turned back and tossed it to Theisman. The rest as they say is history

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
              you know this guy well.
              a future head coach
              [/quote]

On the infamous Joe Theisman leg breaking incident the play called was a flea flicker. What was the Redskins fullback name who had the ball handed off to him and he turned back and tossed it to Theisman. The rest as they say is history

[/quote]

Tim Smith? That was one ugly play that you can't forget... LT waving frantically for help for old Joe. I don't think Joe ever forgave the Giants... he certainly rarely has anything good to say about us.

Schottenheimer sounds right

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                you know this guy well.
                a future head coach
                [/quote]

[/quote]

Tim Smith? That was one ugly play that you can't forget... LT waving frantically for help for old Joe. I don't think Joe ever forgave the Giants... he certainly rarely has anything good to say about us.

Schottenheimer sounds right

[/quote]

No was'nt Tim Smith Z but its a fullback we all remember well. A quote by this fullback "loosen upSandra baby" to Supreme Court JusticeSandra Day O'Connor @ a White House dinner for the Redskins after he had drank heavily

That was one of the most gruesome injuries I can remember and it was on Monday Night Football , plenty of replays

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                  you know this guy well.
                  a future head coach
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

It was John Riggins. And he ws not a fullback. He was a halfback. He just looked like a fullback, he was actually very fast.

Comment

[quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                    you know this guy well.
                    a future head coach
                    [/quote]

[/quote]

It was John Riggins. And he ws not a fullback. He was a halfback. He just looked like a fullback, he was actually very fast.

[/quote]

I think Riggins played both fullback and halfback , he was very fast for his size

What Giant player recovered Jerry Rices early game fumble that certainly would havebeen 7 points for SF in the Jan 87 49-3 demolitionplayoff game

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                      you know this guy well.
                      a future head coach
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Riggins played both fullback and halfback , he was very fast for his size

What Giant player recovered Jerry Rices early game fumble that certainly would havebeen 7 points for SF in the Jan 87 49-3 demolitionplayoff game

[/quote]

That was safety Kenny Hill. I was at the game and it was amazing. Rice is wide open, running for what would be a TD, or close to it... all alone, and he sudden;y fumbles the ball at the 20-25 yd line, for no earthly reason... just one of those things, like when Rob Carpenter fumbled the year before at Chicago in our NFC Championship game.

Burt crushes Montana just before the half and LT intercepts that pass for a TD

Everything went out way. We crushed them. It was a pleasure.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                        you know this guy well.
                        a future head coach
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That was safety Kenny Hill. I was at the game and it was amazing. Rice is wide open, running for what would be a TD, or close to it... all alone, and he sudden;y fumbles the ball at the 20-25 yd line, for no earthly reason... just one of those things, like when Rob Carpenter fumbled the year before at Chicago in our NFC Championship game.

[/quote]

Who did Washington beat that same weekto set up the Giant - Washington NFC Championship?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                          you know this guy well.
                          a future head coach
                          [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who did Washington beat that same weekto set up the Giant - Washington NFC Championship?

[/quote]

they beat the Bears...
                          dont remember the game....i think it was a blowout

Comment

oh yeah .....and Marty is right..........[B]

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                              you know this guy well.
                              a future head coach
                              [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

they beat the Bears...
                              [/quote]

And I so wanted the G-men to get some revenge on Da Bears too. We would have crushed them that year.

Comment

[quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                                you know this guy well.
                                a future head coach
                                [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

they beat the Bears...
                                [/quote]

And I so wanted the G-men to get some revenge on Da Bears too. We would have crushed them that year.

[/quote]

I felt the same.......
                                I wanted the Bears...........
                                we would have taken it to them......

no one was beating us that year ....they could have had 15 guys on the field

Comment

Working...
                                X