This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

What former Giant assistant coach later became the Jets Head Coach?

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"]What former Giant assistant coach later became the Jets Head Coach?

[/quote]

Al Groh right?

Comment

What former Giant TE, became the Jets HC ?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Roosevelt"]What former Giant assistant coach later became the Jets Head Coach?

[/quote]

Al Groh right?
          [/quote]

That would make 2 then. I was thinking of Joe Walton.

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]What former Giant TE, became the Jets HC ?[/quote]

The same guy who was an assistant coach with the Giants. Joe Walton.

Comment

1970, Gmen at New Orleans. 4th Qtr and Gmen losing 14-10. 4th and Goal. Tarkenton throws a TD pass to a wide open Bob Tucker... he is standing in the end zone, at least 2 feet from OB. He stands there andflips the ball to the ref... Except the Ref calls no TD, and we lose 14-10. There were no penalties on the play.

Why was the TD not allowed? (would have been a simple no-brainer TD with instant replay

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

1970, Gmen at New Orleans. 4th Qtr and Gmen losing 14-10. 4th and Goal. Tarkenton throws a TD pass to a wide open Bob Tucker... he is standing in the end zone, at least 2 feet from OB. He stands there andflips the ball to the ref... Except the Ref calls no TD, and we lose 14-10. There were no penalties on the play.

Why was the TD not allowed? (would have been a simple no-brainer TD with instant replay

[/quote]

I guess this wasn't fair. If you didn't see the play you would never know... probably have to be over 50 to have seen it. I'll wait a while for some older geezers, like me, to see if anyone gets it

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

I guess this wasn't fair. If you didn't see the play you would never know... probably have to be over 50 to have seen it. I'll wait a while for some older geezers, like me, to see if anyone gets it

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"]

1970, Gmen at New Orleans.* 4th Qtr and Gmen losing 14-10.* 4th and Goal.* Tarkenton throws a TD pass to a wide open Bob Tucker... he is standing in the end zone, at least 2 feet from OB. He stands there and*flips the ball to the ref... Except the Ref calls no TD, and we lose 14-10. There were no penalties on the play.

[/quote]

I guess this wasn't fair.* If you didn't see the play you would never know... probably have to be over 50 to have seen it.* I'll wait a while for some older geezers, like me, to see if anyone gets it

[/quote]

did he have possesion?

Comment

did the pass hit the crossbar?or upright?

Comment

Did time run out ?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                          Remember the game and the slight controversy but don't remember why TD didn't count

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Roosevelt"]What former Giant assistant coach later became the Jets Head Coach?

[/quote]

Al Groh right?
                            [/quote]

[/quote]
                            Bill Belicheater. I guess it's 3.

Comment

[quote user="Mod_D"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Roosevelt"]What former Giant assistant coach later became the Jets Head Coach?

[/quote]

Al Groh right?
                              [/quote]

[/quote]
                              Bill Belicheater. I guess it's 3.
                              [/quote]

Good one, but was he actually ever the head coach?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                                I gotta know brother.
                                why was it not a TD?

Comment

Working...
                                X