This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DID YOU KNOW??

all these games i have to admit are fun and make the off season interesting.
    lets try some trivia.
    even if you look up the answer.....maybe we can all learn a few things from each other.

Ill start semi easy.

who was the Giants first thousand yard rusher, and what year was it?

Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"]all these games i have to admit are fun and make the off season interesting.
    lets try some trivia.
    even if you look up the answer.....maybe we can all learn a few things from each other.

Ill start semi easy.

who was the Giants first thousand yard rusher, and what year was it?
    [/quote]i'm gonna guess joe morris in 83, and that was a guess, probaly way off

Comment

I believe it was Ron Johnson in'72, and Ithink He owns a couple of KFC's.

Comment

good guess, but wasn't it gifford in the mid- late50's?

Comment

Ron Johnson 1970

anyone have one?

Comment

One day after a particular season, Allie Sherman approached a Player and said " RG I want you to go on the Cambridge Diet and lose 20 pounds. The Player reported 30 pounds over weight in training camp. Allie " RG I thought you were going on the Diet " To which the player replied " I did coach, the drinks were so delicious I had 2-3 cans with each meal ". Name the Player.

Comment

Roosevelt Grier

Comment

Name a Giant fullback from late 60's early 70's nicknamed Big Wheel?

Comment

[quote user="BookieBolin"]Name a Giant fullback from late 60's early 70's nicknamed Big Wheel?[/quote]

I'm sure it wasn't Tucker Fredricksom, so I am left guessing Ernie Koy. In the dim recess of my old brain I remember that nickname, but can't remember, for sure.

Comment

not Koy or Tucker, and my clue was incorrect, was a Giant draft pick in '64 and played 2 seasons in NY, retired in 71.

Comment

[quote user="BookieBolin"]not Koy or Tucker, and my clue was incorrect, was a Giant draft pick in '64 and played 2 seasons in NY, retired in 71.[/quote]

Thank you... that makes a difference. Wheelwright ... can't remember his first name... want to say Ernie, like Koy, but the brain won't say yes.

Comment

thats it. Ernie Big Wheel Wheelwright, and he was a scary looking guy, and a load.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="BookieBolin"]not Koy or Tucker, and my clue was incorrect, was a Giant draft pick in '64 and played 2 seasons in NY, retired in 71.[/quote]

Thank you... that makes a difference. Wheelwright ... can't remember his first name... want to say Ernie, like Koy, but the brain won't say yes.

[/quote]
                          good call

what Gaint D lineman owned a sporting goods store and worked in it everyday during the season and in the off season?
                          actually 2 sporting goods stores.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                            good call

what Gaint D lineman owned a sporting goods store and worked in it everyday during the season and in the off season?
                            [/quote]

Andy Robustelli?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                              good call

[/quote]

Andy Robustelli?

[/quote]
                              nice

Comment

Working...
                              X