X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicks TD drop - he lost the ball in the sun

NY Post article

Re: Nicks TD drop - he lost the ball in the sun

Even if he caught the ball and scored, I don't think it would of mattered because the defense didn't make a stop all day.

Comment

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]Even if he caught the ball and scored, I don't think it would of mattered because the defense didn't make a stop all day.
      [/quote]Thats total bs in a nutshell, that would have set a tempo for the rest of the game! sorry jack but you are WRONG! We could have built off that play, but the sun was actually in his eyes and we should have tried same play to other side of the field imo.
      "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

The elite receivers dont drop walk-in-the-park TDs....

if Nicks wants to be in that class, he has to make that catch no ifs ands or buts...

Nicks is a great receiver, but he's not an elite one yet and until he manages to cut out those mistakes, he won't be considered one.

Potential is definitely there though, the guy has spectacular play-making ability.

Comment

Didn't he make this same excuse earlier in the season? If its that big of a deal wear a visor.

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

if Nicks wants to be in that class, he has to make that catch no ifs ands or buts...

Nicks is a great receiver, but he's not an elite one yet and until he manages to cut out those mistakes, he won't be considered one.

Potential is definitely there though, the guy has spectacular play-making ability.
            [/quote]

do elite receivers drop balls while carrying them into the endzone in playoff games?

Comment

[quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

[/quote]

do elite receivers drop balls while carrying them into the endzone in playoff games?[/quote]

lol...they dont drop wide open walk-in TDs that's for sure.

BTW I'm a Nicks guy but my whole spiel is basically, if he wants to be considered as one of the very best at his position (thats Fitz/AJ/Megatron territory) he has to be more consistent in catching the ball.

Same goes for Cruz.

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

[/quote]

do elite receivers drop balls while carrying them into the endzone in playoff games?[/quote]

BTW I'm a Nicks guy but my whole spiel is basically, if he wants to be considered as one of the very best at his position (thats Fitz/AJ/Megatron territory) he has to be more consistent in catching the ball.

Same goes for Cruz.
                [/quote]

do you know the receiver and game im referring to

Comment

[quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

[/quote]

Same goes for Cruz.
                  [/quote]

do you know the receiver and game im referring to[/quote]

not sure, would guess TO

Comment

Have to make that catch..

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

[/quote]

Same goes for Cruz.
                      [/quote]

not sure, would guess TO
                      [/quote]

Jerry Rice...playoff game vs Giants

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

[/quote]

cris carter is a ****** and plenty of WRs have had drops like that - including Jerry Rice...

it was an awful drop but lets not be dramatic
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

[/quote]

Same goes for Cruz.
                          [/quote]

not sure, would guess TO
                          [/quote]

Jerry Rice...playoff game vs Giants[/quote]

lol had a gut feeling it would've been him but I went w/ TO.

I get your point...I do but all I'm saying is, too often for my tastes have I seen Nicks drop some rather routine catches and that he needs to limit that, especially in big-time moments.

Rice is considered the very best at his position because he had one of the best work ethics out there, and his mental focus was legendary. His desire to improve and fine tune his craft made up for whatever he lacked in the athleticism department. Rice was never considered the best out the very gate, he worked to earn that status.

So, sure Nicks can improve and become an elite receiver and I'm sure he has what it takes between the ears to do so, but I don't think he's elite yet, he's in the tier right under as of this moment.

We are speaking as of right now...who knows what the future holds.

I'm not that troll who called Nicks "incompetent" in another thread, just that he needs to be more consistent.

Is that not a valid remark?

Comment

if we had a TD for every BS excuse made this year we'd be world champions on February.

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="YA***tle1962"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]As Chris Carter said, when the sun's in your eyes, look for the dark spot and go get it, that's the ball.

[/quote]

Same goes for Cruz.
                              [/quote]

not sure, would guess TO
                              [/quote]

Jerry Rice...playoff game vs Giants[/quote]

lol had a gut feeling it would've been him but I went w/ TO.

I get your point...I do but all I'm saying is, too often for my tastes have I seen Nicks drop some rather routine catches and that he needs to limit that, especially in big-time moments.

Rice is considered the very best at his position because he had one of the best work ethics out there, and his mental focus was legendary. His desire to improve and fine tune his craft made up for whatever he lacked in the athleticism department. Rice was never considered the best out the very gate, he worked to earn that status.

So, sure Nicks can improve and become an elite receiver and I'm sure he has what it takes between the ears to do so, but I don't think he's elite yet, he's in the tier right under as of this moment.

We are speaking as of right now...who knows what the future holds.

I'm not that troll who called Nicks "incompetent" in another thread, just that he needs to be more consistent.

Is that not a valid remark?
                              [/quote]

valid

Comment

Working...
                              X