Wilson got the early hook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson got the early hook

Lets hope it motivates the kid to work hard and improve. Seeing Lumpkin reminded on some of the rally bad Giant steams of the past.

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Lets hope it motivates the kid to work hard and improve. Seeing Lumpkin reminded on some of the rally bad Giant steams of the past.
    I think they yanked him because he cant block...but I hear ya...Lumpkin?...thought I was watching a replacement team..

Comment

He's got talent. You don't break an all purpose record by coincidence. He just needs more time but more importantly experience, so don't pull him out. If I was a Giants fan I wouldn't be all too worried.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw Wilson get knocked on his ***, literally, by a defender. Lumpkin did OK for his first real appearance.
        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bird View Post
          He's got talent. You don't break an all purpose record by coincidence. He just needs more time but more importantly experience, so don't pull him out. If I was a Giants fan I wouldn't be all too worried.
          He clearly is the future and he will learn as time moves on. It became clear early on that the running game wasn't gong to get us a victory.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            I'm pretty sure I saw Wilson get knocked on his ***, literally, by a defender. Lumpkin dis OK for his first real appearance.
            Yes on a blitz pick up on one of Elis picks..

Comment

Originally posted by I Hate T.O. View Post
              Yes on a blitz pick up on one of Elis picks..
              That's not something we can accept. I'm not laying the loss at his feet in any way. He's doing the best he can.

Comment

Not Wilsons fault Reese reached

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  He clearly is the future and he will learn as time moves on. It became clear early on that the running game wasn't gong to get us a victory.
                  don't know about that, he'll still be a RB here but it's possible he isn't the starter.

Comment

Wilson got lit up but Eli didn't get sacked. I didn't understand the benching. I thought it was beyond stupid. Wilson got us 45 yards on the first drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                      don't know about that, he'll still be a RB here but it's possible he isn't the starter.
                      Based on one game?

Comment

What happened to "JUST RUN FAST"?
                        Whats all this nonsense about him not being able to block? This coaching staff hates breakout performances. Look at Barden....the guy had the game of his life and he's been riding the bench ever since!
                        They'd rather have a gimpy Nicks hobbling around than use Barden in critical situations.
                        Bizarro world. Get the damned Jets out of that stadium....the weirdness is starting to infect the Giants coaching staff.
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

46 Yards 8 Carries First Quarter, 4 touches after that, 4 touches in the remaining 3 quarters, Lumpkin knows one play, the draw, and ends up with a Fumble, anyone talking about his ball security? anyone willing to bet he is Bradshaws back-up next week? and his replacement when Bradshaw gets hurt again?

Wilson may have gotten trucked on the first block, but he got there, he knew his assignments, Eli didn't get sacked with him in and he made his blocks,

remember Brown gave up the only sack in the Carolina game, and Bradshaw has missed quite a bit of blocks the last couple of games

it's inexcusable for him to be taken out of the game, he should have had over 20 carries, his potential is getting wasted with the Giants, as i believe most Running backs would

Comment

Wilson > Gilbride
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
                              46 Yards 8 Carries First Quarter, 4 touches after that, 4 touches in the remaining 3 quarters, Lumpkin knows one play, the draw, and ends up with a Fumble, anyone talking about his ball security? anyone willing to bet he is Bradshaws back-up next week? and his replacement when Bradshaw gets hurt again?

Wilson may have gotten trucked on the first block, but he got there, he knew his assignments, Eli didn't get sacked with him in and he made his blocks,

remember Brown gave up the only sack in the Carolina game, and Bradshaw has missed quite a bit of blocks the last couple of games

it's inexcusable for him to be taken out of the game, he should have had over 20 carries, his potential is getting wasted with the Giants, as i believe most Running backs would
                              100% Agree.....Wilson made his block....it doesn't matter how it looked.

Anyone trying to pin any blame for this debacle on Wilson is smoking crack.

Gilbride is the one responsible for the Lumpkin Bowl.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                              X