Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you say are our problem areas? Let me first be clear season is NOT over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you say are our problem areas? Let me first be clear season is NOT over

I would rank them like this.. in order

Killdrive (inexcusable that Wilson only got 8 carries and was benched for a guy that's been on the team for 2 weeks)
    Fewell (Just not a very good DC.... I thought we got a good one when we first got him)
    O-line
    Hakeem Nicks health
    Tuck
    banged up secondary
    lack of actual LB talent or experience(Jacquian Williams and possibly Herzlich have promise), Boley is a good LBer as well

let me also say this as I said in another topic. Just because we won two super bowls with Killdrive and one with Fewell doesn't mean they are good at their jobs. All it means is the talent we've had over the years has masked their ineptness and incompetence. They are wildly inconsistent so say the least and Gilbride more than anyone is holding this team back.

Remember in Buffalo the players played hard for Fewell? Yea... not our guys.
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 12-16-2012, 07:10 PM.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

The problem is being consistent.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Also Osi and the famous draw play

Comment

Originally posted by bhz12 View Post
        Also Osi and the famous draw play
        As another poster pointed out Osi has been the most effective DE the past 2 weeks... as a part time player he has 6 sacks, 2 FF and 30 tackles. If our DT's could generate pressure up the middle and move the QB back some Osi would be getting there much more often. He's creating pressure on his side.

Draw play stems from Killdrive.

Comment

Let me add the health of Nicks SERIOUSLY and almost DIRELY effect the success of this team....

Comment

OL, LB, CB, WR

Comment

Wilson couldnt pick up the blitz, Chase was the best on D. Eli is hit or miss (more hit) but missed big time today, Both lines and secondary were PATHETIC!

Comment

Gilbride/Coughlin's offense obviously, predictable and uncreative, the same routes from years a go, only three running plays in their arsenal

Wilson 8 carries for 46 yards first quarter, 4 carries the remaining 3 quarters, that is inexcusable, he didn't give up a sack, seemed aware of his assignments and made correct blocks accordingly,

Lumpkin only knows the Draw play, and Fumbles,

Cruz doesn't like to catch the ball, Nicks is obviously hurt still, they refuse to utilize the remaining 3 recivers they have besides Nicks,Cruz Hixon

Comment

Originally posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
                  Gilbride/Coughlin's offense obviously, predictable and uncreative, the same routes from years a go, only three running plays in their arsenal

Wilson 8 carries for 46 yards first quarter, 4 carries the remaining 3 quarters, that is inexcusable, he didn't give up a sack, seemed aware of his assignments and made correct blocks accordingly,

Lumpkin only knows the Draw play, and Fumbles,

Cruz doesn't like to catch the ball, Nicks is obviously hurt still, they refuse to utilize the remaining 3 recivers they have besides Nicks,Cruz Hixon
                  Thanks for the response, agree with everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                    Let me add the health of Nicks SERIOUSLY and almost DIRELY effect the success of this team....
                    I have to agree. Nicks and Eli look completely out of sync out there. I'm sure that stems from Nick's inability to practice. On top of that Nicks lacks the explosion that he has when healthy and doesn't get much seperation. I admire his toughness, but he's nothing more than a below average WR when playing hurt.

Other than that the offensive line is my biggest concern, followed by the defensive line and LBs. Osi and Tuck are getting up there in years and the depth is questionable.
                    Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

We have a lot of players who can't stay on the field ...how do you stay consistent with your starters riding the pine... all the time especially the secondary...

Comment

Cruz cant catch or wont catch over the middle because he is scared...The D line is awful...the Oline needs help...A real MLB, another corner...another reciever and back...

Comment

Originally posted by I Hate T.O. View Post
                          Cruz cant catch or wont catch over the middle because he is scared...The D line is awful...the Oline needs help...A real MLB, another corner...another reciever and back...
                          which one do you think we should draft first, in other words which is more important?

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                            True to the nth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                              which one do you think we should draft first, in other words which is more important?
                              A true MLB..or a solid corner...

Comment

Working...
                              X