Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This offense absolutely lives and dies by the big play and Eli Manning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This offense absolutely lives and dies by the big play and Eli Manning

    There is no creativity whatsoever to take some pressure off Eli when he's having an off game or even when he;s playing great.
    We run nothing to get us into s rhythm. It's either we're hot or we're cold. Never utilize the no huddle EVER... EVER. Our screens are painful to watch, we very rarely throw a slant, a curl, a damn HOT ROUTE... a hitch, very rarely dump it off for easy yardage.


    It's the same predictable pathetic offense.

    Run game is by FAR the most predictable rushing attack..(if you can even call it that).. in the league



    Eli's been off some games this season for whatever reason but this has got to be the most frustrating offense to work with.... this system flat out sucks and has been masked by the talent on the field, that's the only reason we have won two super bowls. Has VERY little to do with Kevin Gilbride despite what some people like to think.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  • #2
    i concur,

    how many run plays do they seriously have? no creativity in the run game, it seems like it's passed over because we have the 'Big Play Pass' that is getting us nowhere due to Nicks injury and Cruz hot/Cold Season

    This Pass First team is getting tiresome, especially since that is suffering likewise, how about some creative routes, how about some mismatches regardless of the 'Number 1,2,3 Receivers' how about some different looks before the snap,

    it's the same retired routes as the last couple of years, the same forcing to Cruz and Nicks, the same Draw or inside tackle run

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
      There is no creativity whatsoever to take some pressure off Eli when he's having an off game or even when he;s playing great.
      We run nothing to get us into s rhythm. It's either we're hot or we're cold. Never utilize the no huddle EVER... EVER. Our screens are painful to watch, we very rarely throw a slant, a curl, a damn HOT ROUTE... a hitch, very rarely dump it off for easy yardage.


      It's the same predictable pathetic offense.

      Run game is by FAR the most predictable rushing attack..(if you can even call it that).. in the league



      Eli's been off some games this season for whatever reason but this has got to be the most frustrating offense to work with.... this system flat out sucks and has been masked by the talent on the field, that's the only reason we have won two super bowls. Has VERY little to do with Kevin Gilbride despite what some people like to think.

      Yeah, it's a poorly conceived model. The D got them there in 2007. The O got them there last year but it's crazy to understaff so many parts of the team to suffer in hopes that the offense and the QB will somehow pull another rabbit out of a hat.

      No investment in offensive line, LBers etc....it's confounding.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Yeah, it's a poorly conceived model. The D got them there in 2007. The O got them there last year but it's crazy to understaff so many parts of the team to suffer in hopes that the offense and the QB will somehow pull another rabbit out of a hat.

        No investment in offensive line, LBers etc....it's confounding.



        Hey buddy, haven't seen you post in awhile how you been?

        Always love your sarcasm as well as username haha
        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

        Comment


        • #5
          O line

          Comment


          • #6
            I argree. Get Eli a young creative OC like Kyle Shananhan and i bet you people will really start to realize that Eli is elite. He'll put up the numbers that Brady puts up. Look at how Brady, Brees, and Rodgers play on offense. They all have a very diverse creative playbook. Our playbook is like 3rd and 1 bomb, the ugly fade route, the occasional down the middle, and the shotgun draw. I'm sick of it.

            Comment


            • #7
              chucker, we chuck a few up for a jump ball and hope we get a catch or PI even the announcers said it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                chucker, we chuck a few up for a jump ball and hope we get a catch or PI even the announcers said it.
                He said that about QBs in general, and that was after Cruz got clocked.
                For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

                Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
                  He said that about QBs in general, and that was after Cruz got clocked.
                  still we have that habit now of chucking it and beg for a PI flag if its incomplete , where is our mid range game???.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    still we have that habit now of chucking it and beg for a PI flag if its incomplete , where is our mid range game???.
                    Calling Kevin Gilbride...calling Kevin Gilbride..
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post



                      Hey buddy, haven't seen you post in awhile how you been?

                      Always love your sarcasm as well as username haha

                      Hey man, how ya doin?

                      Me? .........I'M PISSED OFF!

                      I don't know if I can drink enough to forget this one and still make it into work tomorrow.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm firmly convinced that Gilbride is holding Eli Manning and this offense back.

                        I look at the way Eli has played in his biggest moments, and it is usually when he is free of Gilbride's plodding, overthinking scheme.

                        Today was officially the last straw for me.....today's "Lumpkin Bowl" convinced me that Gilbride is a complete *** clown.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          Calling Kevin Gilbride...calling Kevin Gilbride..
                          mustache man!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            im not one to call for gilbrides head on a game by game basis, but i would welcome some new ideas in any form. i hate the way the giants utilize their personnel, especially in the redzone.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Glad we're all in agreement....... now what the hell do w do about it.... lol
                              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X