If Giants lose 1 game..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Giants lose 1 game..

Can they even still have a chance getting in? I was messing around with NFL playoff Machine and can't come up with any situation where the giants can lose one of the 2 reaming games and still make it.

Every team ahead of us will most likely win their games due to our luck this year, so I don't see how we make the wild card even if we win both games? Okay NM I get it now, the cowboys or redksins will lose at the end and we're going to make it in if we win the last 2 games.
    Last edited by BMW; 12-16-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

lose 1 and over because redskins have a better div record .

Comment

Lets call in a mercy killing. Folks the Giants choke up the important games -- and the teams we need help from are teams of destiny, winning with a backup qb and winning in overtime. We had the magic in '07 and last year. This year is not our turn.
        sigpic

"For the rest of your life men, no one can tell you that you couldn't do it, because you did it." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...05&16=00005114
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
            Every team ahead of us will most likely win their games due to our luck this year, so I don't see how we make the wild card even if we win both games?
            If we win the last two games we get the wild card. Case closed. We control our own destiny for the wild card.

Comment

WE CAN ALSO GET THE TOP WILDCARD SEED BY FINISHING TIED WITH SEATTLE. (THEY PLAY THE NINERS NEXT). WE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CONF RECORD IF WE WIN OUT AND THEY LOSE ONCE. WE CAN ALSO LOSE ONCE AND STILL GET IN. BUT I'M DONE PREDICTING WHAT THIS TEAM WILL DO. WASN'T SURE THEY'D WIN TODAY. BUT WAS CERTAIN THEY'D AT LEAST SHOW UP. NEITHER HAPPENED.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                lose 1 and over because redskins have a better div record .
                If the Giants lose next week they're still in if the Redskins and Cowboys both lose. They would need to win their last game and have both those teams lose again.
                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                  If the Giants lose next week they're still in if the Redskins and Cowboys both lose. They would need to win their last game and have both those teams lose again.
                  But, the Cowboys and Redskins play each other in one of those games, so I don't think that's possible. You'd have to be rooting for a tie in that game.

Comment

Sad, that we are in the same situation as the Jets & even more incredible that the Jets might be the team that makes the playoffs & not us!

Must be nice to have Az, Jags, Tenn & Buffalo as your last 4 teams in Dec, while we get NO, Atl, Balt & our # 1 tormentor, Philly to finish the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
                      But, the Cowboys and Redskins play each other in one of those games, so I don't think that's possible. You'd have to be rooting for a tie in that game.
                      Forgot about that...You are correct.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

the truth is that the 9-7 scenario involves Philly beating Wash AND Arizona beating Chicago....not gonna happen.
                        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Actually Seattle would have to lose two in this scenario. They got their 9th win today. We would need to tie them or bears at 9-7 to get in. They stole that game vs GB early on remember. Seattle has SF and the Rams left
                          Last edited by miked1958; 12-17-2012, 12:02 AM.
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Machine has lots of options still left. Best is for us to win both
                            Last edited by miked1958; 12-17-2012, 12:01 AM.
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

We have to win the next two games to have a wildcard spot. Otherwise, it's lights out, party over until next season.
                              Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Comment

Working...
                              X