Osi and Tuck..Thanks for the memories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi and Tuck..Thanks for the memories

Integral parts of two SB championship teams. Good luck to them in the future.

Osi was back to his old run around the back routine and got smoked all day, Tuck is just shot.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Umm osi actually was on ryans back a couple of times and played a screen very well - guy has been the most active de the last 2 weeks - although thats hard to say when JPP has two guys on him on every snap.

tuck has struggled.

Comment

It's kinda sad, I thought we would get a few more years out of them.... especially Tuck. But it seems that both are pretty much finished. That being said, JPP has fallen in production as well, which makes you wonder if the issue is deeper than simply players being unable to play anymore. Is the system a bigger issue than we are acknowledging? They are all playing like they just don't buy into it anymore.
        My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by daynemustgo View Post
          Integral parts of two SB championship teams. Good luck to them in the future.
          I agree. Time to let some young, hungry players get a chance.

Best wishes to both of you....seriously, thanks for everything, and enjoy your post-Giants careers.
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Is Ojomo on injured reserve?
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

Tuck may stick around at a reduced salary and as a backup!

i think he wants to retire a Giant!
              sigpic

Comment

I think there's a reason rushing four DE's is something no other team does on a regular basis. The ends can't do much because there's no push up the middle. Linval is alright but we need a big strong DT to push the pocket back. The scheme is also a big part of the problem. We saw it last year, not being able to get off the field on 3rd downs. 3rd and long? Here comes a wide open pass to the TE or an open play to whoever Corey Webster is covering. Oh yeah and then the quick slant we can't stop because there's no such thing as a press CB on our team.

Offense to me just seems like a combination of missed opportunities and questionable play calls. We had momentum and I think we ran the same draw run play 4-6 times in a row. We got big gains out of it early but once they knew it was coming they stopped it - yet we kept running it.

Then there's the missed deep balls for the past month+. I'll put that on Eli and the WR's.

Comment

sorry, ranted a little there

Comment

Too bad Marvin Austin has been a complete bust.....maybe we'd have an offensive line if that pick wasn't wasted on him.

Comment

These guys get a lot of blame and its well deserved but lets not make it like its all on them, webster, rolle, injuries all have killed us. Our DT have been invisible this year. Bottom line is we need a revamp and quickly. There is still talent here but we have some fat

Prince, JPP, Hill, Stevie Brown, Williams on defense and we still have Eli plus Wilson is emerging, Cruz. The core is close to there but we need to rebuild around them quickly. Rebuild isnt right word but more of a revamp.

The guys who make 5 mil plus and do the same stuff a guy like tracy who makes 650k are the ones that kill us.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                        Osi was back to his old run around the back routine and got smoked all day, Tuck is just shot.

I never thought Osi was all that..I always thought Tuck was going to be another Strahan....fooled me. He needs to get out of the game...his heart just isnt there anymore.You can see it

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                          We're drafting dline this year. Bank on it.
                          D-line replacements may already be in place... LB may be the bigger problem considering how much success TEs have across the middle.
                          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                            D-line replacements may already be in place... LB may be the bigger problem considering how much success TEs have across the middle.
                            agreed, i think we move kiwi back and let tracy and ojomo play more. Maybe dt but lb is the concern, williams has been too injured, herzlich isnt a starter, rivers and boley arent living up to the hype. Its a position we have been lost at for a long time. I feel good in secondary except for webster but DT and LB are key on defense. Offensively we need lineman as well I beleive RT is weak and who knows about the rest of the line, they are so inconsistent.

Comment

Working...
                            X