Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pierre-Paul Defensive player of the Year candidate...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre-Paul Defensive player of the Year candidate...

The Giants defense as a whole is not good this year. However, Pierre-Paul is emerging as a great player. He's all hustle.. just as good against the run as he is against the pass... He get pass deflections, sacks.. Last week against the Cowboys that was a performance that legends are made of. Then he follows it up yesterday with 16 tackles... Really*??? 16 tackles for a defensive linemen... Even though he's not on the pro bowl ballot I guarantee he makes all pro ... He will get voted in by the players Nd coaches... Don't be surprised if he gets the defensive MVP... I think he would deserve it too

Tell me who in the league deserves it more than JPP.... Babin? He's not the all around player JPP is and JPP pretty much single handedly saved our season game 1 @ Dallas...

Can you argue Ware?? Possibly, but he's not having the type if year JPP is having.. he has probably as many passes defenses as a lot of CBS in this league

Re: Pierre-Paul Defensive player of the Year candidate...

Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year. Dude is a tackling machine and he's not even an outside linebacker!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.
      [/quote]Define full time starter
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.
        [/quote]Define full time starter[/quote]

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck as DE.

Comment

[quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck.
          [/quote]JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.

[/quote]JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.[/quote]

I remember they used him in tackle position.

Comment

[quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.

[/quote]JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.[/quote]

I remember they used him in tackle position.
              [/quote]On select sets. JPP has gotten a ton of playing time and he's having a great year, I doubt his stats would be considerably different if he had gotten a few snaps here or there.

Kids a flat out beast though. Incredible. If he can stay healthy..

Comment

I think he should get it

Comment

[quote user="M0rbid"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck as DE.
                  [/quote]

Osi mised the first 3 or 4 games, and by the time he was healthy Tuck was hurt and missed time.

Comment

JPP plays a lot better on the right side. When they put him at DT or LDE he just isn't as effective for whatever reason.

Comment

This year JPP will have more defensive player of the year votes than pro-bowl votes. Why isn't he on the ballot? He and Cruz aren't on the ballot because they haven't been "full-time starters" the entire year yet Tebow is on the ballot and he didn't start until week 6. Stupid NFL double standards.

Comment

[quote user="M0rbid"]Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year. Dude is a tackling machine and he's not even an outside linebacker!!!!!
                        [/quote]

I heard they want to make him a lb like they did kiwi.... Put all the best players on the field even if they are out of position.

Comment

JPP is an awesome player.

But, it is unlikely he will be the DPoY winner simply because of how bad our defense as a whole is.
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]JPP is an awesome player.

But, it is unlikely he will be the DPoY winner simply because of how bad our defense as a whole is.
                            [/quote]

That should be more reason that he should win the award.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"]JPP is an awesome player.

[/quote]

That should be more reason that he should win the award.

[/quote]

The stats don't even tell the whole story... He can take over games and win them for us... The only other defensive players in the giants I've seen do that was Strahan and LT... WE'VE SEEn guys like Tuck look great in bursts and guys like Osi be Great at one dimension of their game. But JPP has what it takes to be a hall of famer if he can stay consistent year after year like LT and Stray... I think he's the best defender taken in that draft including Suh...

Having a top 5 quarterback and top 5 defender on the same team we should Yves no problem making the plyoffs... Coughlin used to he a WR coach.. he's an offensive minded coach. Which us fine .. he just needs a great defensive mind on his staff...Since he's been here our offense has always been towards the top... What we need is a great DC.... they are not easy to get as we have been 3 out of 4 wrong with DC... We need to do whatever it takes to get Spags back.. JPP and Spags with this Offense is elite

Comment

Working...
                              X