If we win out we are guaranteed a playoff spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we win out we are guaranteed a playoff spot

Just heard it on NBC, win out, and we're in.

That's a big if.

Comment

We ain't winning SH&&T! W e are physically and mentally SOFT@SS TEAM!

Comment

Well that would make sense then. Look horrible and nothing like a contender then the next week come out fighting. I don't know. The difference with last year and this year is that when the defense struggled Eli carried the team. Doesn't look like he will this year but here's his last chance. Even if they win his week they still have the Eagles and we all know how he own the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          Well that would make sense then. Look horrible and nothing like a contender then the next week come out fighting. I don't know. The difference with last year and this year is that when the defense struggled Eli carried the team. Doesn't look like he will this year but here's his last chance. Even if they win his week they still have the Eagles and we all know how he own the Giants.
          I am coming around to your way of thinking on that. If we lose to the Eagles again, Wash or Dal will win that last game and we are out of it. Sick.

Comment

Originally posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
            Just heard it on NBC, win out, and we're in.
            What exactly does "win out" mean? To win out next 2 games?

Comment

yes. win out is win the next 2. balt clinched a playoff birth which actually is good for us. theyll want to get back on track but wont be do or die like us. we should win but it will prob be close. we're gonna win the sb again i know it. its setting up perfectly for eli to get his hot streak at the perfect time. truth be told, with how hot n cold eli is, its almost a good thing he has his cold games now. but he has to turn it up next week.

Comment

can somebody explain the specifics of tiebreakers because we're 9th in the nfc right now yet somehow we move up if we just win 2 games without help?

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post

I am coming around to your way of thinking on that. If we lose to the Eagles again, Wash or Dal will win that last game and we are out of it. Sick.
                  If we can't beat the Eagles, Gilbride has to go. Period.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

If we win our we are guaranteed a worse pick in the draft... not like that matters though since JR refuses to draft an OL.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

What does it matter. I don't want to watch this team with the current offensive coordinator in the playoffs.

I bet we get the Falcons again in the playoffs, but this time Gilbride has some surprises up his sleeve:

1) Draw plays from the shotgun
                      2) 5 yard passes on 3rd & 10.

Boy, I bet nobody will be expecting that stuff and that will for sure carry us to the promised land.

Comment

That's not true, if Giants win out and so do Skins, they get the the tie breaker as division champs. Then a wildcard isn't guaranteed at 10-6

Comment

Originally posted by FrankAE View Post
                          That's not true, if Giants win out and so do Skins, they get the the tie breaker as division champs. Then a wildcard isn't guaranteed at 10-6
                          If we win the next 2 we're in....trust me

Comment

yeah cause if the skins win out, then the cowgirls will have lost at least one more game.. so we would clinch the wildcard with a 10-6 record..

Comment

Originally posted by erivera View Post
                              can somebody explain the specifics of tiebreakers because we're 9th in the nfc right now yet somehow we move up if we just win 2 games without help?
                              for wildcard, tiebreakers go by 1. if teams from the same division are trying for the WC spot, division record. (Not the case and wont be the case with us. Dallas plays Washington, 1 will have to be 10-6 and 1 will have to be 9-7 if both win next week heading into week 17). the next tiebreaker, which is the one of importance to us bc we're fighting fr the WC spot with Seattle, Chi, Minn, etc etc, is conference record. We currently have the best Conf. record of all the WC in the hunt teams, even ahead of Washington. We're 7-4, next closest is 6-5. If we win out, it will be 8-4, best Conf record therefore WC.

at 10-6, based off what we know today at this moment, we would be guaranteed at worst the 6 seed but could be the 5th or 4th seed depending on other teams
                              Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-17-2012, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X