Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Giants are going to the playoffs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Giants are going to the playoffs...

    As bad as today was, Big Blue will make the playoffs. The coaches and players got too confident after the Saints game and were emotionally drained and did not show up for today's game. I do believe changes are needed in the offseason but until then its a brand new season once the playoffs starts. Lets not forget 07, Big blue was the six seed and became the Champs..
    Nyg 28 - 21 Ravens
    Nyg 35 - 14 philthy
    Nyg4life

  • #2
    to be honest, today might have been perfect for us to make another run. today was embarassing. should fire our guys up. and eli is so hot/cold, thats its kinda a good thing he had a cold game now, so he can get on his usual 5-6 game hot streak.

    this is kinda the formula we follow, play ur best towards the end. we havent come close to playn our best...yet. i think we start ascending next week, clinch vs philly, and then go on a tear in the playoffs and repeat...just a feeling i have based on last year

    Comment


    • #3
      It could very well happen but I certainly don't "expect" it to happen. I think we have the capability to do it but will we? We won't know that until the Baltimore game. I've seen us turn it on at the end of the season (2011) and I've seen us get completely shattered in the end of the season (2009, 2010)

      We won't know what kind of year this will be until these 2 final games are done

      Comment


      • #4
        I think it is over. The Giants are getting stupid.

        Comment


        • #5
          The bears got Cards and Lions on there schedule and there ahead of us right now.. THe cowboys got the saints and redskins and are ahead of us right now.. The vikings got Pack and Texans and are ahead of us right now.. Were 9th in the playoff standings.. Winning out might not be close to enough..a


          To be honest, serves this group of giants right.. I continued to say this whole back ur way in will blow up in ur face one yr, and even one yr of blowing a playoff chance by becoming laxadazical and being uncompetitive in crucial games is one yr to much! Its a very classsless unit that can't handle winning SB's to well, as they seem to let it go to there head, and just excpet to back into playoffs and turn it on when ever they want..

          THis is why i've said we need a new group of Veterans on this team, because the old guard is flat out lazy, and they've won 2 SB's and don't look hungry at all.. I freaking knew that this back ur way in crud was gonna cost us one yr! I just knew it!

          Comment


          • #6
            back ur way in? it cost us in 2010 didnt it?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rcrane View Post
              back ur way in? it cost us in 2010 didnt it?
              Ya, and the worst part is its all a "effort" thing.. How pathetic is it that these dudes can't even stay motivated for 16days a yr? I mean, u play 16games, and u can't come out motivated 16times in a full calender yr when ur getting paid millions of dollars?

              Like i've said over and over this yr, its time to get rid of the old guard, guys like Corey Webeter, Justin Tuck, Osi, David Diehl, and all the guys who were on both championship clubs, because are younger players come in and see the way these guys go about there bussiness, and were gonna be playing like this, and having games like this forever, as there just passing on there stupid ways to the younger guys... I 've said this a million times now..

              Ur leaders can't just not show up in crucial games, and just back in every yr, without it catching up with u, and worse yet, passing that mentality onto ur younger guys... It all ready loojks like its happening with JPP, whos motor is nothing like it was his first 2seasons.. THen again, watching OSI and TUCk day in and day out will do that 2 anyone... TIme to get rid of those guys...

              Comment


              • #8
                we scored 52 one wk and 0 the next..lol And people who think its anything but a effort thing are completly blind.. If that dosen't tell all u need to know, nothing will..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nygsince1983 View Post
                  As bad as today was, Big Blue will make the playoffs. The coaches and players got too confident after the Saints game and were emotionally drained and did not show up for today's game. I do believe changes are needed in the offseason but until then its a brand new season once the playoffs starts. Lets not forget 07, Big blue was the six seed and became the Champs..
                  Nyg 28 - 21 Ravens
                  Nyg 35 - 14 philthy
                  Nyg4life
                  The Ravens held Peyton Manning-the elite QB in the family- to 204 passing yards.....they might hold noodle arm Eli under 100.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    The bears got Cards and Lions on there schedule and there ahead of us right now.. THe cowboys got the saints and redskins and are ahead of us right now.. The vikings got Pack and Texans and are ahead of us right now.. Were 9th in the playoff standings.. Winning out might not be close to enough..a


                    To be honest, serves this group of giants right.. I continued to say this whole back ur way in will blow up in ur face one yr, and even one yr of blowing a playoff chance by becoming laxadazical and being uncompetitive in crucial games is one yr to much! Its a very classsless unit that can't handle winning SB's to well, as they seem to let it go to there head, and just excpet to back into playoffs and turn it on when ever they want..

                    THis is why i've said we need a new group of Veterans on this team, because the old guard is flat out lazy, and they've won 2 SB's and don't look hungry at all.. I freaking knew that this back ur way in crud was gonna cost us one yr! I just knew it!
                    Giants control, there own destiny so the standings mean nothing. The only reason the Giants are 9th is because of breaking ties within the division is 1st tiebreaker but since that wont matter when Skins or Cowboys lose in week 17 the Giants jump the Bears, and Viking based on conference record Giants win 2 they are in


                    These are the real playoff seeds based on Controlling destiny

                    1.ATL
                    2.SF
                    3.GB
                    4.Wash/Dal Winner wins NFC East loser is out
                    5.Seahwks
                    6.Giants

                    if all these teams win last 2 games this is what it looks like
                    Giants also have tiebreaker on Seahawks.
                    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-17-2012, 08:03 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      Giants control, there own destiny so the standings mean nothing. The only reason the Giants are 9th is because of breaking ties within the division is 1st tiebreaker but since that wont matter when Skins or Cowboys lose in week 17 the Giants jump the Bears, and Viking based on conference record Giants win 2 they are in


                      These are the real playoff seeds based on Controlling destiny

                      1.ATL
                      2.SF
                      3.GB
                      4.Wash/Dal Winner wins NFC East loser is out
                      5.Seahwks
                      6.Giants

                      if all these teams win last 2 games this is what it looks like
                      Giants also have tiebreaker on Seahawks.
                      Why would anyone in the universe think the Giants are going to win their last two games? The Ravens held Peyton Manning, a REAL elite QB, to 203 yards passing......just think what they will do much less talented little brother Eli!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nygsince1983 View Post
                        The coaches and players got too confident after the Saints game and were emotionally drained and did not show up for today's game.
                        Sometimes this team stays emotionally drained and shellshocked.

                        See 2010 when they were 8 minutes away from locking up the division against Philly and gave up 28 points. With playoffs still on the line the following week against the Packers they sleepwalked and as a result, no playoffs at all. From locking up the division to out of the playoffs in 68 minutes.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

                        "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Giants could actually clinch a Wildcard berth next week if

                          Giants win

                          and

                          Bears lose to Arizona
                          Redskins lose to Philly
                          Dallas loses to NO
                          Vikings lose to Texans

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
                            Why would anyone in the universe think the Giants are going to win their last two games? The Ravens held Peyton Manning, a REAL elite QB, to 203 yards passing......just think what they will do much less talented little brother Eli!
                            Ravens have lost 3 straight games and fired their Offensive coordinator last week. They are more dysfunctional then the Giants. Peyton had less yards because they ran the ball down their throat. They held the ball for 38 minutes
                            Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-17-2012, 08:11 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              Giants control, there own destiny so the standings mean nothing. The only reason the Giants are 9th is because of breaking ties within the division is 1st tiebreaker but since that wont matter when Skins or Cowboys lose in week 17 the Giants jump the Bears, and Viking based on conference record Giants win 2 they are in


                              These are the real playoff seeds based on Controlling destiny

                              1.ATL
                              2.SF
                              3.GB
                              4.Wash/Dal Winner wins NFC East loser is out
                              5.Seahwks
                              6.Giants

                              if all these teams win last 2 games this is what it looks like
                              Giants also have tiebreaker on Seahawks.
                              I didn't know that.. I love what JPP said about "i'm tired of hereing we been here before! Forgot all that! We gotta go out and play!"...

                              Finally a young player kinda takes a knock at the veterans who continue to put the giants in this positon yr in and yr out, where they make things way harder then they ahve to be, and have the most embaressing games u would ever want to see against opponets, they should at least be competitive against..

                              I'm telling you, its the veterans who just don't show up , and think they got next wk to show up, and they will show up, when its litteraly season or bust.. That will cost u at some point, and even having that cost u once, is way to much..


                              Theres a whole article in the post on what i'm talking about, and have talked about for wks now...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X