Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This was much more than just another loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This was much more than just another loss

    This loss to the Falcons told me as a Giant fan for 56 years that my team has lost its will to win.I have been through many painful losses since 1956,however this one was the most hurtful,because my team just flat out quit.Eli seemed to have been taken over by some demonic force and the defense just opened the doors to the castle and let the enemy in.I am still physically sick over this,and wins by the skins and boys was just salt on the wounds.

  • #2
    Originally posted by gianta View Post
    This loss to the Falcons told me as a Giant fan for 56 years that my team has lost its will to win.I have been through many painful losses since 1956,however this one was the most hurtful,because my team just flat out quit.Eli seemed to have been taken over by some demonic force and the defense just opened the doors to the castle and let the enemy in.I am still physically sick over this,and wins by the skins and boys was just salt on the wounds.
    You must have some serious amnesia .... sadly this wasn't close to the Giants' worse loss ever.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not quite up there in years, but I'm pretty sure this is the worst Giants loss since Eli got here, and probably since the post-Simms era...

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        You youngsters kill me.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

        Comment


        • #5
          Amnesia????

          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          You must have some serious amnesia .... sadly this wasn't close to the Giants' worse loss ever.
          Amnesia?--You go ahead and tell me which losses were worse!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gianta View Post
            Amnesia?--You go ahead and tell me which losses were worse!
            san fran...Remeber the botched snap and 20 some odd point lead..Trey Junkin anyone
            Philly two seasons ago..up 21 points with only 8 freakin minutes to go....
            there's two for you
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              san fran...Remeber the botched snap and 20 some odd point lead..Trey Junkin anyone
              Philly two seasons ago..up 21 points with only 8 freakin minutes to go....
              there's two for you
              Now, take that "giving up" mentality that lead to those collapses, and insert it at the beginning of the game...

              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Now, take that "giving up" mentality that lead to those collapses, and insert it at the beginning of the game...
                and there you have it...
                Eli throws a pick on the first pass.....game over....
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                Comment


                • #9
                  There have been a number of other seriously disappointing losses the team has taken over the years. This one ranks right up there with any of them. Was a complete failure at all levels of the game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    san fran...Remeber the botched snap and 20 some odd point lead..Trey Junkin anyone
                    Philly two seasons ago..up 21 points with only 8 freakin minutes to go....
                    there's two for you
                    Exactly...A loss this week would be much worse. That would mean that they would most likely be eliminated. Would it be better if they lost on a last second field goal? A loss is a loss unless it's in the playoffs or means you won't make the playoffs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gianta View Post
                      Amnesia?--You go ahead and tell me which losses were worse!
                      Miracle at the Meadlowlands I and II.

                      2002 playoff game against 49ers.

                      2008 playoff game against the Eagles.

                      2005 playoff game against the Panthers.

                      1989 playoff game against the Rams.

                      1993 playoff game against the 49ers.

                      And those are just off the top of my head. This game was just one of those games where the team didn't have it. Didn't matter if we lost 34-0 or 24-14 ... it was just a crap game. We've had plenty of those.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Excuse me

                        Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        san fran...Remeber the botched snap and 20 some odd point lead..Trey Junkin anyone
                        Philly two seasons ago..up 21 points with only 8 freakin minutes to go....
                        there's two for you
                        Those two examples were real bad losses-agreed. However we were in those games and we scored and just fell apart at the end.We never were in this Falcons game and did not even look like pro's

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gianta View Post
                          Those two examples were real bad losses-agreed. However we were in those games and we scored and just fell apart at the end.We never were in this Falcons game and did not even look like pro's
                          yeah so it sucked from the start..
                          in the games I mentioned we were all celebrating and then they pulled carpet out from our feet and slammed us to the hard floor face down...
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            yeah so it sucked from the start..
                            in the games I mentioned we were all celebrating and then they pulled carpet out from our feet and slammed us to the hard floor face down...
                            Hope can be a terrible thing.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Panthers to close out Giants Stadium ending the Bill Sheridan era.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X