Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET RID OF FEWELL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET RID OF FEWELL

    This guy must be the biggest b*tch in the league...well actually not sure with killdrive, who really is.

    How the heck do you have a statue QB in Ryan taking 7 step drops and get absolutely no pressure. Ok, everyone know the front 4 is playing garbage...THEN blitz, change up scheme, have the front four do some stunts.

    FEWELL is a horrendous DC - The giants season is over, I'd cut this guy today. Does anyone think this guy makes warriors out of the men he's coaching...instead we have OSI and TUCK paying homage to RG3

  • #2
    I've been becoming less of a Fewell fan. His "bend but don't break defense or read and react or whatever the hell he calls it" doesnt fit us. We are not agressive enough, we don't challenge teams.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sigh . . . . you realize that half of our starting secondary was out and that 2 out of 3 of our "elite" pass rushers are compltetly shot, right?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
        Sigh . . . . you realize that half of our starting secondary was out and that 2 out of 3 of our "elite" pass rushers are compltetly shot, right?
        I haven't felt real comfortable with him since he has been here. This is not a one week reaction for me.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm supposing Spags isn't going anywhere, but I'd trade him for Fewell in a heartbeat.

          I honestly don't know if our defensive line is completely past it's prime, or if it's Fewell.

          One thing I will say.....that pass coverage yesterday was ****ing atrocious....I can't blame the line for that.

          And really, the defense was betrayed by the offense yesterday.....That could have been a 7-6 game going into halftime if not for Eli's brainlocks and Tynes once again reminding me why I can't stand him.
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

          "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
            I'm supposing Spags isn't going anywhere, but I'd trade him for Fewell in a heartbeat.

            I honestly don't know if our defensive line is completely past it's prime, or if it's Fewell.

            One thing I will say.....that pass coverage yesterday was ****ing atrocious....I can't blame the line for that.

            And really, the defense was betrayed by the offense yesterday.....That could have been a 7-6 game going into halftime if not for Eli's brainlocks and Tynes once again reminding me why I can't stand him.
            Spags, lol . . . yeah, his defense looked great last week . . . .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
              Sigh . . . . you realize that half of our starting secondary was out and that 2 out of 3 of our "elite" pass rushers are compltetly shot, right?
              So...I don't understand your reasoning. There are creative thing you can do on the line such as stunts, loop arounds, blitzing guys from different spots...Fewell simply is not the right fit for the Giants

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                I'm supposing Spags isn't going anywhere, but I'd trade him for Fewell in a heartbeat.

                I honestly don't know if our defensive line is completely past it's prime, or if it's Fewell.

                One thing I will say.....that pass coverage yesterday was ****ing atrocious....I can't blame the line for that.

                And really, the defense was betrayed by the offense yesterday.....That could have been a 7-6 game going into halftime if not for Eli's brainlocks and Tynes once again reminding me why I can't stand him.
                We won't know since Fewell never dials up anything that is a surprise,
                no misdirection at the line, EVER!!! When we blitz, everyone knows it is coming.

                Why do we never have 8 guys right up at the line, jumping back and forth (or flying around) and
                then drop back 4 real quick (well before the snap, but on the line long enough to get a QB to think
                it might be a huge blitz). Of course this won't work, because we don't do all out blitzes, EVER!!
                Even if we got burned on them, what the heck is the difference, we get burned anyway a lot
                on deep coverage. But I guess you can't fake an all out blitz, if you never do it to begin with.

                Fewell is still waiting for last years pash rush from 4 to show up.
                Too late this year for him to realize it is not going to happen and to
                change it up by taking big chances. When your players can't execute
                (for whatever reason), you only option is to play very aggressive.
                Last edited by OX1; 12-17-2012, 11:14 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                  Spags, lol . . . yeah, his defense looked great last week . . . .
                  There's no comparing the Saints talent level on defense with the Giants.

                  Fewell's defense requires turnovers, or else it's like a turtle on its back.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                  "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                    Sigh . . . . you realize that half of our starting secondary was out and that 2 out of 3 of our "elite" pass rushers are compltetly shot, right?
                    Even with the players we have, we have no right to be as bad as we are.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                    Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by OX1 View Post
                      We won't know since Fewell never dials up anything that is a surprise,
                      no misdirection at the line, EVER!!! When we blitz, everyone knows it is coming.

                      Why do we never have 8 guys right up at the line, jumping back and forth (or flying around) and
                      then drop back 4 real quick (well before the snap, but on the line long enough to get a QB to think
                      it might be a huge blitz). Of course this won't work, because we don't do all out blitzes, EVER!!
                      Even if we got burned on them, what the heck is the difference, we get burned anyway a lot
                      on deep coverage. But I guess you can't fake an all out blitz, if you never do it to begin with.

                      Fewell is still waiting for last years pash rush from 4 to show up.
                      Too late this year for him to realize it is not going to happen and to
                      change it up by taking big chances. When your players can't execute
                      (for whatever reason), you only option is to play very aggressive.
                      I agree.....both our coordinators have become very predictable. This team has too much talent on both sides of the ball to be constantly scrambling to make the playoffs.
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                      "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The drunk owner of another team that hires him?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                          I agree.....both our coordinators have become very predictable. This team has too much talent on both sides of the ball to be constantly scrambling to make the playoffs.
                          What talent on defense are you talking about? Tuck and Osi are shot. Webster is on the down side. We were missing half of our starting secondary yesterday and our LB's are awful.

                          Our talent level is vastly overrated on these boards.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bigblue999 View Post
                            This guy must be the biggest b*tch in the league...well actually not sure with killdrive, who really is.

                            How the heck do you have a statue QB in Ryan taking 7 step drops and get absolutely no pressure. Ok, everyone know the front 4 is playing garbage...THEN blitz, change up scheme, have the front four do some stunts.

                            FEWELL is a horrendous DC - The giants season is over, I'd cut this guy today. Does anyone think this guy makes warriors out of the men he's coaching...instead we have OSI and TUCK paying homage to RG3
                            The bigger question is what will it take to get rid of Coughlin? His usefulness as a coach is done. He has nothing more to offer the Giants than more of what you saw yesterday.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                              The bigger question is what will it take to get rid of Coughlin? His usefulness as a coach is done. He has nothing more to offer the Giants than more of what you saw yesterday.
                              Are you trying to break the record for most idiotic posts in one hour? You're almost there!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X