Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Down Why Giants Still Guaranteed A Playoff Bid If They Win Out

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._giants_s.html

Excerpt: "The Giants' 34-0 loss to the Falcons yesterday dropped them to essentially third place in the NFC East, but they still control their own playoffs destiny.

If the Giants (8-6) win out, they will earn at least a wild-card bid, an NFL spokesman confirmed.

In that scenario -- beating both the Ravens and the Eagles -- the Giants would finish 10-6, with an 8-4 record in the NFC. That conference record would give them tiebreakers over the other wild-card contenders.

In the rest of the conference, the Falcons have wrapped up the NFC South and the Packers have won the NFC North. Either the 49ers (10-3-1) or the Seahawks (9-5) will win the NFC West. All the other remaining teams in the NFC playoff picture are at 8-6: Redskins, Cowboys, Bears and Vikings.

If the Giants win out, either the 49ers or the Seahawks -- whoever does not win the NFC West -- could still have a better record than them and earn the No. 5 seed. But if the Giants get to 10-6 and do not win the division, they cannot be overtaken for the No. 6 Wild-Card spot." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Made sense to me... but we need to beat the Ravens, who are hungry for a win at this point and will have a HUGE motivational boost getting Ray Lewis back (even if it's not much of a material difference), and then Philly which Killdrive likes to call his most predictable games of the year against and TC just herp derps on real hard...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I actually feel better that they can beat the Ravens then the Eagles. After that horrible playcalling episode yesterday though, we wont beat anyone if we repeat it.

Eli doesn't look motivated anymore either. Maybe his "old age" is catching up. 32 in Jan
      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        Made sense to me... but we need to beat the Ravens, who are hungry for a win at this point and will have a HUGE motivational boost getting Ray Lewis back (even if it's not much of a material difference), and then Philly which Killdrive likes to call his most predictable games of the year against and TC just herp derps on real hard...
        your sig is awesome
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
          your sig is awesome
          Lol I just couldn't get the DD comparison out of my head...

Comment

Dunkin Donuts coffee sucks. Just like David "The Real" Diehl

Comment

Why would we be less motivated than the Ravens? 34 - 0 should make someone besides me angry
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Why would we be less motivated than the Ravens? 34 - 0 should make someone besides me angry
                Not if Tuck and Osi are just collecting paychecks.

If they don't show up in the first quarter bench them for Tracy and Ojomo. I'd rather lose due to a lack of talent than a lack of motivation...

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                  Dunkin Donuts coffee sucks. Just like David "The Real" Diehl
                  I dunno I like dunkin better then starbucks And Diehl is one of the BEST SIXTH MAN off the bench for Offensive Line in the whole NFL

And who nyG is really missing is a BIG BACK like Jacob who the Oline can rally around

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MrTrue-Blue/174427272634629?ref=ts&fref=ts

Comment

If they don't show up in the first quarter bench them for Tracy and Ojomo. I'd rather lose due to a lack of talent than a lack of motivation...

Tuck should be rotated off the bench with Nuka back to End Position
                    And when we run 4 End defense Nuka & Tuck inside with Osi on left and JPP on right with lots of substitutions to Tracy and Ohno

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MrTrue-Blue/174427272634629?ref=ts&fref=ts

Comment

As much as I have been hoping for a scheduled rotation that included Tracy and Ojomo, would we be better off or not to bench Tuck and Osi? We can say do it and not have to worry about the effects. I wanted Hosley and Wilson in the game and that didn't do much to get s a win.

Comment

As much as I have been hoping for a scheduled rotation that included Tracy and Ojomo, would we be better off or not to bench Tuck and Osi? We can say do it and not have to worry about the effects. I wanted Hosley and Wilson in the game and that didn't do much to get s a win.
                        Wilson for the most part did his job. Didn't do it well or anything like that, but he knew his blocking assignments, didn't allow a sack when blocking, didn't cough up the ball, etc. Kid is learning, and will eventually become a great RB for us. The one time he didnt turn around to catch a pass in the flat, Eli threw it early because, well, read my sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.TRUEBLUE View Post
                          Tuck should be rotated off the bench with Nuka back to End Position
                          And when we run 4 End defense Nuka & Tuck inside with Osi on left and JPP on right with lots of substitutions to Tracy and Ohno
                          It's all moot if they don't switch up their coverage and blitz packages.......straight 4-man upfield rush is just not creative enough......well coached defensive teams can mask back end deficiencies (injuries) with creative blitz packages.....see Rob Ryan.....**** Lebeau.

Comment

Because we are the Giants, the "mighty" Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                              It's all moot if they don't switch up their coverage and blitz packages.......straight 4-man upfield rush is just not creative enough......well coached defensive teams can mask back end deficiencies (injuries) with creative blitz packages.....see Rob Ryan.....**** Lebeau.
                              Ha! Censored......"Richard" Lebeau.

Comment

Working...
                              X