Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have a guy with flash speed to easily pick up one yard yet he was in on zero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have a guy with flash speed to easily pick up one yard yet he was in on zero

Of those situations.

Instead of pitching it to Wilson or letting Wilson bounce it to the outside to pick up one yard we run Lumpkin up the middle every time.....what?

At the very least use Wilson as a damn decoy and run it up the middle with Hynoski or someone.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Wilson is not Super Man and he is not ready yet. I don't mean to sound mean, but Wilson has some work to do in the off season. I still think he will be a good player for the Giants.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 12-17-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

The line got completely manhandled on the play you are referring to. I really can't put that on Wilson.

However, I still go crazy at the fact that we never seem to hand off to the FB who has a much shorter distance to gain in those situations. Especially now considering that we have a FB like Hynoski.

Comment

They brought Wilson in to convert a 4th down and it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          This.

It was our O-Line that was getting pushed around by Abraham, Babineaux, and KROY BIERMANN for god sakes.

Falcons fans were saying Biermann was the MVP of the game yesterday with all the pressure he got on Eli, even being double teamed. Pathetic.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            Wilson is not Super Man and he is not ready yet. I don't mean to sound mean, but Wilson has some work to do in the off season. I still think he will be a good player for the Giants.
            +1
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Seriously man, I really wonder about the comments you make! Wilson is not ready for a one yarder?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  Bc the entire O line got blown into the backfield.. no way you can blame that on Wilson! Plus that was a run straight ahead. I think this thread is about why was Lumpkin chosen on our second failure , which was an edge run. MUCH better suited for Wilson & his speed to at least grab the 1st down even with the awful blocking

Comment

The pitch to Wilson was working.....you'd think they would have tried that once on 4th and short.

Oh well.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

I agree he is still learning clearly but I guarantee you he picks up at least two of those three 4th down attempts. Guarantee it.

The kid gets so many yards after contact and is slippery.

It is so damn frustrating seeing a ****ing RB that has been on this team for a whopping two weeks get the same amount of carries and more important carries than our first round pick.

This coaching staff has a serious complex with trust issues. The smallest mistake and you are buried. Wilson has to play perfect or he knows he's going to get yanked. It's a little ridiculous. OK, he missed a hot route, ran the wrong route once...... guess what he's a rookie that can also change the score in a heartbeat.
                      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

IMO If Gilbride or TC are going for it in 4th and 1 or 2 , I think they should off hand the ball to Hynosky specially if they gonna run the ball up the middle . or if they gonna use Wilson to run any thing please feel free to use the jumbo package it worked against CLE CAR,SF,GB and NO

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                          I agree he is still learning clearly but I guarantee you he picks up at least two of those three 4th down attempts. Guarantee it.

The kid gets so many yards after contact and is slippery.

It is so damn frustrating seeing a ****ing RB that has been on this team for a whopping two weeks get the same amount of carries and more important carries than our first round pick.

This coaching staff has a serious complex with trust issues. The smallest mistake and you are buried. Wilson has to play perfect or he knows he's going to get yanked. It's a little ridiculous. OK, he missed a hot route, ran the wrong route once...... guess what he's a rookie that can also change the score in a heartbeat.
                          100% agreed. And I saw it again this week, Wilson bruised his way for extra yds & a linebacker came up in obvious shoulder/arm pain. Wilson runs downhill hard AND fast.

Oh... and its amazing how coaching staff benches a young guy but when a veteran messes up non stop, they NEVER go to the bench. Biases accountability by the staff!

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                            The line got completely manhandled on the play you are referring to. I really can't put that on Wilson.

However, I still go crazy at the fact that we never seem to hand off to the FB who has a much shorter distance to gain in those situations. Especially now considering that we have a FB like Hynoski.
                            this. each time we ran and failed on 4th, and im sure a ton of 3rd downs historically, Hyno is making his block on the defender in the hole PAST the first down marker, meaning, had he had the ball, hes got a 1rst before contacting the defender. could not believe we didnt just try him on that, he seems like he could convert those. but still, the OL should be able to get enough blocks to let the rb get a friggin yard...

Comment

the play they did run wilson on the 4th was just terrible. it basically took away wilsons best trait, his explosion/quickness. we did a bs HB off guard run that took way too much time before wilson could turn on the boost. he couldnt do it as he was handed the ball bc he has to make sure he controls the football, and for the blocking to get in place. it was just terrible execution really. i woulda loved to see them come out in goalline formation, and do a quick toss play towards bennett. not a sweep, but a quick pitch thats in essence the same thing as the qb handing it off, only eli is able to pitch it quicker than the transfer takes place on a typical handoff, and itd give wilson the ability to explode through the LOS smh nothing went right yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X