Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEY TO WINNING NEXT TWO GAMES - BENCH HAKEEM NICKS

I am a big Nicks fan, WHEN HEALTHY.

Now he is nothing more than a decoy out there...can't go up for the ball and can't run crisp outs. He is a major liability for the Giants. Knowing Eli, he will constantly throw to him with no avail.

We have talented and fresh guys at receiver - If we are creative with the offense we can have a nice underneath and over the top game with some of the guys we have....BUT we have killdrive running the offense so I doubt he can think beyond his 1980s box.

Expect Nicks to play and expect a crippled offense.

It won't happen. They wouldn't even temp IR him early in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
      It won't happen. They wouldn't even temp IR him early in the season.
      It's a shame...did we not dominate the SF game without Nicks?

Comment

To late now. They should not have played him until after the bye.

Comment

Hakeem is one of my fav players...but i agree with this. He's hurt and has no speed & doesn't get any separation. He's a warrior for trying to be out there every week, but at this point hes hurting the team more than he's helping IMO

Comment

No, we don't bench him because the Ravens defense suck, just like ours

Comment

He didn't look like a decoy when he beat Atlanta's CB and safety deep. Not his fault Eli didn't hit him for a sure touchdown.
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                Hakeem is one of my fav players...but i agree with this. He's hurt and has no speed & doesn't get any separation. He's a warrior for trying to be out there every week, but at this point hes hurting the team more than he's helping IMO
                i gotta agree. i couldnt help but wonder what a healthy nicks would mean for our record and how the offense has looked, and also wondered if playing barden/randle/jj isnt smarter. surely we should be lowering the snaps nicks get but...?

Comment

KEY TO WINNING THE NEXT TWO GAMES?.....

STOP THE OTHER TEAMS RUNNING GAME!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    He didn't look like a decoy when he beat Atlanta's CB and safety deep. Not his fault Eli didn't hit him for a sure touchdown.
                    THIS THIS THIS

Comment

I give him credit for playing hurt and I am a big fan but having him on the field has not helped our chances of winning games. I hope he gets healthy for a long and productive future with this team and I hope he did not do more damage by continuing to play hurt. This has had a very big impact on our team this year. Look how Bennett disappeared for 5 weeks while injured. There is so much talent in the NFL and the difference between great, good and bad is so slim. I don't buy the statement that a "50% Hakeem is better than anyone else we have"

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        Except a healthy Nicks would have hauled that in....you're in lala land if you thnk Nicks is playing up to his potential...he's nowhere near his old self, to the point where any scrub CB can lock him down....NICKS needs to rest and get healthy

The Giants have a tradition of bring in 50-60% healthy players like they did o'hara - while boothe was outstanding at center - only to lose and get cut from the playoffs. TC has not learned from his mistakes. OR take when fred robbins was playing with two broken hands and TC excepting great things from him?

The curse of the Giants lies in their inability to allow players to heal...they bring them in half able and they are ineffective and become more injury prone.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue999 View Post
                          The curse of the Giants lies in their inability to allow players to heal...they bring them in half able and they are ineffective and become more injury prone.
                          They won't even adjust the gameplan to help an injured player. Nicks is being treated like he's healthy.

Comment

Nicks was def a decoy when he was playing earlier in the season. Now he is not himself but he is more than just a decoy.

Comment

I have been saying this since the TB game. Yes he will some decent games and some TD but overall he's not helping. There is more to it than TD and some decent yards. We need a reliable receiver on 3rd downs, play action passes, intermediate routes etc. Nicks is not that guy right now. We cannot move the ball consistently because Nicks is hogging up one side of the field and getting shut down. And Eli is too nice of a guy to just completely ignore him and look elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X