We are delisional if you think this team is talented

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are delisional if you think this team is talented

They lack on the lbs,dbs,olineman.Rbs can never pick up a 3rd down and wrs cant seperate.Eli always has to fit it in a tight window and hope wrs can shake of a db by juke moves.Tight end who can't catch worth a crap,aging dline who can't pass rush.We here have a horrible team,that is getting worse as it gets better.Delusion.

plenty of talent, jut need to be motivated to win.

Comment

By delusion I mean as Wilson and others get injected in we get better but we have a static bad team in place.That's all.

Comment

Horrible teams don't blow out the Packers and Niners.

Comment

Originally posted by experto View Post
          They lack on the lbs,dbs,olineman.Rbs can never pick up a 3rd down and wrs cant seperate.Eli always has to fit it in a tight window and hope wrs can shake of a db by juke moves.Tight end who can't catch worth a crap,aging dline who can't pass rush.We here have a horrible team,that is getting worse as it gets better.Delusion.
          And yet they won a Super Bowl last year. Go figure.
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

YAWN

Comment

By delusion I mean as Wilson and others get injected in we get better but we have a static bad team in place.That's all.
              I can think of another example, speaking of who is delusional.

Comment

People are delusional. Alot of fans think that we have sooo much talent that we are under-utilizing....I dont see it. Reuben Randle was running the wrong god damn routes the last two games he played. Barden is a bust. Wilson still is not ready to take over as a lead back....In fact our running game has looked terrible since Andre Brown got hurt. Everyone talked about how great Holsey is? Yea yesterday was a great example of that. Keith Rivers? Lol Pass. What about Marvin Austin...bust. Hakeem Nicks is not a top 10 receiver...young guys like Dez Bryant, Thomas (of the Broncos), and AJ Green is surpassing him...even Victor Cruz. Bennett is not a red zone threat at all....Ballard made a impact in the red zone for us. Michael Boley is suppose to be our best coverage linebacker and is actually one of the worst 4-3 covering linebackers. Webster is a joke and is sooo bad that we are praising Prince as if hes a lock down corner.
                Last edited by Tmurda1984; 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM.
                " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

I used to be a big supporter of Gilbride, but now I am beginning to sway towards the Killdrivers in saying he should take a lot of the blame for the offensive struggles. Look at Cam Cameron in Baltimore, completely underutilized Ray Rice and his skills and was fired as a result. I don't know if Jim Caldwell is the answer, but I think it will definitely benefit their team offensively next season.

The system just doesn't seem to play to the strengths of the Giants WRs for reasons you pointed out. Then I see other teams like the Patriots and Packers who seem to have a perfect scheme for their players and utilize their strengths.

I am not a professional analyst of football, just a big fan, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. However, I'm just calling it like I see it.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                    People are delusional. Alot of fans think that we have sooo much talent that we are under-utilizing....I dont see it. Reuben Randle was running the wrong god damn routes the last two games he played. Barden is a bust. Wilson still is not ready to take over as a lead back....In fact our running game has looked terrible since Andre Brown got hurt. Everyone talked about how great Holsey is? Yea yesterday was a great example of that. Keith Rivers? Lol Pass. What about Marvin Austin...bust. Hakeem Nicks is not a top 10 receiver...young guys like Dez Bryant, Thomas (of the Broncos), and AJ Green is surpassing him...even Victor Cruz. Bennett is not a red zone threat at all....Ballard made a ton of red zone plays for us. Michael Boley is suppose to be our best coverage linebacker and is actually one of the worst 4-3 covering linebackers. Webster is a joke and is sooo bad that we are praising Prince as if hes a lock down corner.
                    You are so wrong about Nicks, He is easily a top 10 receiver. You rank "Diz" Bryant ahead of Nicks. NIcks has been injured all year. You do realize that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      Horrible teams don't blow out the Packers and Niners.
                      Horrible teams don't win Super Bowls

Comment

Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
                        I used to be a big supporter of Gilbride, but now I am beginning to sway towards the Killdrivers in saying he should take a lot of the blame for the offensive struggles. Look at Cam Cameron in Baltimore, completely underutilized Ray Rice and his skills and was fired as a result. I don't know if Jim Caldwell is the answer, but I think it will definitely benefit their team offensively next season.

The system just doesn't seem to play to the strengths of the Giants WRs for reasons you pointed out. Then I see other teams like the Patriots and Packers who seem to have a perfect scheme for their players and utilize their strengths.

I am not a professional analyst of football, just a big fan, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. However, I'm just calling it like I see it.
                        These receivers were thriving in this offense.....Victor Cruz was a practice squad player who is one of the best slot receivers in the league. Hakeem Nicks had a very good year. And remeber that Hixon was a Special Teamer before he got here and now is flourishing under this offense.

Bradshaw was around when we had the best rushing attack for 2 straight years...but then Reese neglect that offensive line. The Giants were known for running the ball....Reese is neglecting how important it is to win in the trenches. Its like Reese does not understand the history and the physical nature of Giant football. Since Reese took over...we been a finese football team having to play out of shotgun.

Look at 2007...we was not running draws all day long. We had a physical oline that Accorsi put together. The Giants use to pound the rock all the waay up until 2009. Thats when the Offensive Line started to struggle....and we began to pass it more. David Diehl was even forced to drop back to pass protect more showing offf his weakness in the passing game. Mckenzie regressed...Seubert and O'Hara was cut and Diehl and Snee is regressing. How did we replace those guys? Made Boothe a starting guard (comical), Gave Baas $ 4 M to be the softest center in the league, and finally Beatty is becoming a slight above average tackle.

Gilbride is trying to adjust to the talent we have. We can not run the ball well out of I Formation unless Hynoski K.O's a defender. We have to use deception to run the ball well. With Eli Manning in Shotgun...it keeps the safeties back deep. The problem is a lot of teams use these Cover 2 shell defenses allowing there cornerbacks to guess on Eli. Those Falcons did not see Wilson as a threat...they used there front 7 to contain the run and made sure both safeties are covering the deep ball..allowing the corners to be more aggressive in the trail technique.
                        " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

Cruz was never on the practice squad

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                            These receivers were thriving in this offense.....Victor Cruz was a practice squad player who is one of the best slot receivers in the league. Hakeem Nicks had a very good year. And remeber that Hixon was a Special Teamer before he got here and now is flourishing under this offense.

Bradshaw was around when we had the best rushing attack for 2 straight years...but then Reese neglect that offensive line. The Giants were known for running the ball....Reese is neglecting how important it is to win in the trenches. Its like Reese does not understand the history and the physical nature of Giant football. Since Reese took over...we been a finese football team having to play out of shotgun.

Look at 2007...we was not running draws all day long. We had a physical oline that Accorsi put together. The Giants use to pound the rock all the waay up until 2009. Thats when the Offensive Line started to struggle....and we began to pass it more. David Diehl was even forced to drop back to pass protect more showing offf his weakness in the passing game. Mckenzie regressed...Seubert and O'Hara was cut and Diehl and Snee is regressing. How did we replace those guys? Made Boothe a starting guard (comical), Gave Baas $ 4 M to be the softest center in the league, and finally Beatty is becoming a slight above average tackle.

Gilbride is trying to adjust to the talent we have. We can not run the ball well out of I Formation unless Hynoski K.O's a defender. We have to use deception to run the ball well. With Eli Manning in Shotgun...it keeps the safeties back deep. The problem is a lot of teams use these Cover 2 shell defenses allowing there cornerbacks to guess on Eli. Those Falcons did not see Wilson as a threat...they used there front 7 to contain the run and made sure both safeties are covering the deep ball..allowing the corners to be more aggressive in the trail technique.
                            But that's just what the whole league has become....a finesse game that favors the QB, passing, and receivers. This is not the same NFL as it was in 2007/2008. Are you saying that you want us to become a ground and pound team again? There are very few teams like that left in the league...San Fran comes to mind and the Houston Texans but there are not many left that do it successfully. I just feel like the scheme isn't working because defenses and DCs seem to have figured out how to shut our offense down . How is it that Asante Samuel was able to give his DBs the intel to the point where almost every single throw had the potential to be intercepted or batted down? Granted that Atlanta has a good secondary, but that was ridiculous. I just feel that our coaching staff is stubborn to the point of a fault.

Like I said, I don't claim to be an expert who thinks he could run an NFL offense. I'm just giving my perspective as a fan.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Help me out, just title your threads EXPERTO SAYS and put all of your well thought out opinions under "one roof" so we don't miss any.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X