FOOTBALL = FUN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOOTBALL = FUN

If you ask me, it seems this team has lacked a fundamental aspect of football for a long, long time. FUN. Fassel may have lost the team eventually, even Parcells was a hard-nose guy but at the end of the day the good teams seem to have fun out there. Why do you play football? I played because it was fun. Yea, the Giants like all teams seem to have fun at times, from an individual standpoint. But as a team they seem to not enjoy what they do. I don't know what it is. I gotta say coaching. Fewells "schemes" suck. KG's predictability is a huge issue (although people say his offense is complex) and they lack zero creativity. No mis-directions, end-to-rounds-flea-flickers etc. Nothing that we did as kids to make the game fun. Zero suprise factor on offense. This team looks like they are going throughthe motions and I for one am not having fun watching this. We need a coach who can relate to his guys and inspire them to run through walls. Yea TC is an X,O's guy, NOT a player friendly coach. We need a Tomlin,Harbaugh type guy. Please, make football fun again.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Re: FOOTBALL = FUN

Probably my best post all year. Nobody? Ah, well

Comment

I hear what your saying but considering how rich these guys are football should be pleanty fun.

But i agree and the reason we collapse every year is that TC's message gets old at about week 8. The players get sick of him and stop playing. That's my best guess.

I know that when you get to this part of the year it becomes a serious grind for any team. I thin Coughlins drill sergent BS makes it even worse. Couple that with defensive schemes no one believes in and you get the Redskins whipping our *** even with the division on the line in our own building.

I love Cough for the SB and everything but he has to go.
      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="gfanblue"]Probably my best post all year. Nobody? Ah, well[/quote]

Few replies b/c it's inaccurate. You mention Tomlin regarding fun? The guy put his team into pads and worked them overtime his very first practice. I don't believe any of the players thought it was "fun" nor do I believe "fun" is the missing ingredient here.

Comment

[quote user="NYSPORTS"][quote user="gfanblue"]Probably my best post all year. Nobody? Ah, well[/quote]

Few replies b/c it's inaccurate. You mention Tomlin regarding fun? The guy put his team into pads and worked them overtime his very first practice. I don't believe any of the players thought it was "fun" nor do I believe "fun" is the missing ingredient here.[/quote]All I meant was we need a coach who is lively. Practice is practice. I see guys like the harbaugh bros, tomlin and even rex hi-fivin and huggin guys on the sideline. Yea, football is not fun (ha-ha fun) but you shouldnt be bored with your coach at wk8.

Comment

I agree whole heartedly. The problem isnt that TC is a bad coach; the problem is he has lost respect from his players, and Im not just talking this year. Every season since he has been coach the SB, we have had late season collapses; you can blame it on injuries if you want but how about the packers?
            With out the respect of your players a coach is nothing.

Comment

Exactly. Even in 07 we werent an offensive juggernaut. Our d was inspired by spags. Hes gone d goes down the crapper. No inspiration.

Comment

I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up

that being said.....

these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games

thats it

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner but I agree with everything you said. You basically said the words I've been searching for. Great points.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up that being said..... these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games thats it[/quote]And if the playersdo not execute and win games, who is responsible for taking action?

Comment

[quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="YATittle1962"]I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up that being said..... these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games thats it[/quote]And if the players*do not execute and win games, who is responsible for taking action?[/quote]

these are not children

each player is responsible for his own actions and should hold themselves accountable....and hold the whole unit accountable

dont go fishing for **** talk on coaches....you wont get it from me

being put into a poor game plan is on the coaches

poor play calling is on the coaches

having the team unprepared in any way possible is on the coaches

but a team coming out flat and hanging their heads on the sideline looking defeated and showing absolutely no heart is on these GROWN MEN multi millionaire athletes

Comment

My job is not "fun" at all, but it keeps food on the table and a roof over my head.

For this team to show no heart and look defeated when the season is basically on the line is sickening.

I still can't believe I sat through the whole thing freezing my *** off
                        "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

[quote user="timmytimm3"]My job is not "fun" at all, but it keeps food on the table and a roof over my head.

For this team to show no heart and look defeated when the season is basically on the line is sickening.

I still can't believe I sat through the whole thing freezing my *** off[/quote]Sports is entertainment... if you look up entertainment in the dictionary, fun is in there somewhere. Your job is work and in some cases, modern day slavery. What world do you live in?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up

that being said.....

these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games My message was this. Think of all the jobs youve had. Youre favorite one no doubt, would be a job for you like your boss, enjoyed your coworkers, and had fun at what you did. you're happy to go and everyday can you were at your best because you enjoy what you were doing. like someone already said , football is their job, and while I agree 100 percent these guys look like they don't enjoy anytging anymore

thats it[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="timmytimm3"]My job is not "fun" at all, but it keeps food on the table and a roof over my head.

I still can't believe I sat through the whole thing freezing my *** off[/quote] My whole point was this. any job you really love you like your boss your coworkers what you did. yes football is a tough job but your play should be reflective of how much you enjoy doing it. and with a few exceptions like eli and jpp, these guys don't have a spark anymore and I think that starts at the top

Comment

Working...
                              X