Offensive struggles = No Manningham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive struggles = No Manningham

Last year we had 3 receivers who were borderline uncoverable. This year teams bracket Cruz, single cover a hampered Nicks and guys like Hixon, Randle (bust?), Barden (bust?), Jernigan (bust...no question mark) cannot beat their coverage at all.

If we had Manningham still, we'd be a top flight offense.

Please explain to me how Randle can even be considered a bust
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

The formula is more like this:

Offensive struggles = No Manningham + hurt nicks

Hixon is filling in for manningham pretty well I think
      Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Losing him was big and Nicks being hurt makes it even worse. Lol. Randle is a bust already? Go check out what Manningham did his rookie season. Go check out what Toomer did his rookie season?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          Please explain to me how Randle can even be considered a bust
          It was bust with a question mark. He hasn't exactly been an impact player, which is very disappointing for a second round pick. He had his opportunities too with a hurt Hixon and couldn't prove he deserved to be on the field. Not a bust yet, but he is definitely not producing as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
            It was bust with a question mark. He hasn't exactly been an impact player, which is very disappointing for a second round pick. He had his opportunities too with a hurt Hixon and couldn't prove he deserved to be on the field. Not a bust yet, but he is definitely not producing as expected.
            He can't be considered a bust in his rookie season is what I'm saying. Barden is a bust definitely, Jernigan is a bust, but not a rookie.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

He is part of the NYG system dude!

They do not get the opportunity... he is out there in really REALLY limited snaps... not a bust at all. He is after all a rookie...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

I think we are missing a healthy Nicks and not missing a speedy Manningham. To be sure Hixon is filling in fine. I haven't seen enough of Randle to say he's good or a bust. Still think our O line needs some serious help!

Comment

Toomer caught ONE pass his rookie season.

Comment

Jeringan needs a ? also. It's to early to label him a bust. He has gone from inactive to getting more game snaps than both Route Tree Randell and Barden the last few games. He might be showing something in practice. We all saw how he shot off like a rocket with two good jukes on his way to his 60 yard run back. Barden seems to be the bust. If Killdrive doesn't figure out how to use JJ's skills he may turn out to be a bust for us but will excel when used like Percy Harvin and Randall Cobb. Manningham is a guy who fit the puzzle well for us. He was a gamer with production. Hixon has done some really good things but replace Mario he did not. Regarding Randell, I saw him struggle time after time to get open vs top SEC DB's and wondered how he was gonna make the jump to the NFL and get open. I'm still wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      Toomer caught ONE pass his rookie season.
                      He played in 7 games, then tore his ACL.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                        The formula is more like this:Offensive struggles = No Manningham + hurt nicksHixon is filling in for manningham pretty well I think
                        It goes beyond catches and stats. MM has the speed that stretches defenses.

Comment

I admire his toughness but we're missing the Nicks of last year. Hixon is just as fast as MM.

Aren't Hixons stats better than MM last year? Barden was ballin' when he got the nod vs. the Panthers and Randle has had his moments.
                          Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

To be honest, of all of our wide receivers, the guy who I've noticed the open the most number of times, in comparison to the number of snaps, is Barden. Yeah he's made some dumb plays, but you will notice that he does get open, maybe it's because the defenses ignore him.

Comment

He played in 7 games, then tore his ACL.
                              So are you saying 1 catch in 7 games was impressive?

Comment

Working...
                              X