Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next year we should trim the fat.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next year we should trim the fat.......

    Next season we should lighten the load, and cut these guys to gain back some cap room:

    Bradshaw - tired of this guys feet/ankles causing him to miss games and/or be ineffective in them
    Diehl - anywhere he lines up....it scares me
    Barden - he had one game where he filled in for Nicks, after that nada.....
    Beckum - he can't bend it like anybody......ditch him
    Tuck - last 2 seasons his numbers were.....invisible, he either needs to retire or take less $ to stay
    Austin - I really don't think another year will make a difference with him...bust pick
    Rivers - please end our suffering with him.....guy can't stay healthy worth a darn
    T2 - if we haven't already we need to release him, that ACL may be the end of him
    Sash - he hasn't impressed this year.....had high hopes for him, but I think he won't pan out

  • #2
    Barden, Beckum and Rivers will be free agents, anyway.

    Comment


    • #3
      Lets not forget Kevin Boothe, Chris Snee, Rocky Bernard, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora...seeing a trend?

      Our draft next year better be completely O and D line focused.

      Comment


      • #4
        Much bigger problems than Boothe and Snee. And the only reason Rocky was here this year was because Canty was hurt.

        Tuck and Osi.. Who knows what will happen with them.
        #80

        Comment


        • #5
          Osi will also be free agent. Tuck has a year remaining so will probably stick around.

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree, but the truth is we all know this is never going to happen....

            Stand with Cruz!
            80

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
              Much bigger problems than Boothe and Snee. And the only reason Rocky was here this year was because Canty was hurt.

              Tuck and Osi.. Who knows what will happen with them.
              I agree, Baas is the biggest problem in the middle of our O-line.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shane4177 View Post
                Next season we should lighten the load, and cut these guys to gain back some cap room:

                Bradshaw - tired of this guys feet/ankles causing him to miss games and/or be ineffective in them
                Diehl - anywhere he lines up....it scares me
                Barden - he had one game where he filled in for Nicks, after that nada.....
                Beckum - he can't bend it like anybody......ditch him
                Tuck - last 2 seasons his numbers were.....invisible, he either needs to retire or take less $ to stay
                Austin - I really don't think another year will make a difference with him...bust pick
                Rivers - please end our suffering with him.....guy can't stay healthy worth a darn
                T2 - if we haven't already we need to release him, that ACL may be the end of him
                Sash - he hasn't impressed this year.....had high hopes for him, but I think he won't pan out
                If the Giants bring T2 back next season you can assume it will be at the Vet minimum so that doesn't really hurt you. Sash was a 6th round pick who is a career reserve/special teams player.

                Comment


                • #9
                  1st- DE
                  2nd- CB / Safety
                  3rd- RT
                  "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    1st round - DE
                    2nd round - T
                    3rd round - DE
                    4th round - C/G
                    5th round - C/G
                    6th round - T
                    7th round - T

                    Then maybe trade Justin Tuck for the last pick in the draft. In that scenario we make out like bandits. I doubt any team will take him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      O-line:
                      Boothe, Baas, and Diehl all need to be replaced. Snee is getting up there and due to tank any day now as well. At least 5 draft picks need to be spent on the line.

                      RB:
                      Get Bradshaw out of here, let Brown/Wilson be our tandem of the future. Da'Rel Scott never sees the field so I am unsure as to what he's up to at this point... If we need a 4th RB on the roster, we can elevate Martinek.

                      TE:
                      I still want to see what this "JPP of Tight Ends" is all about. If he's that good, then him and Bennett should be good for the future. Maybe keep Pascoe for the short term as well. No real need to draft one with so much O-line at stake.

                      WR:
                      Barden needs to go. He had that one good game (that even he realizes that Eli made it happen for him). Other than that he can't crack an aging Hixon on the depth chart, and now even Jernigan is seeing more snaps on offense than him. Not too sure about Hixon, but he's worth keeping around since he's one of the few guys that plays with any intensity on our team.

                      D-line:
                      Tuck and Osi. Bernard was just a stopgap Blackburn-like signing while Canty was on PUP. Canty and Linval can stay for the time being. Kuhn will be better next year as well... Move Kiwi back to the line, and let Tracy and Ojomo play rotational snaps.

                      Linebackers:
                      If we can find a good guy for the middle in free agency, go for it. Otherwise stick with the current crop we have. More pressing areas to improve in IMO.

                      CB:
                      GET. RID. OF. WEBSTER. Also, one of the few places besides O-line that I think we need to spend a draft pick on. Prince is solid, Hosley is making rookie mistakes but I think he has potential still.

                      Safety:
                      Probably the safest (pardon the pun) group out of all. Maybe try to trim out a little bit of Rolle's contract, but KP, Stevie, Rolle, and Hill are all good players.

                      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        O-line:
                        Boothe, Baas, and Diehl all need to be replaced. Snee is getting up there and due to tank any day now as well. At least 5 draft picks need to be spent on the line.

                        RB:
                        Get Bradshaw out of here, let Brown/Wilson be our tandem of the future. Da'Rel Scott never sees the field so I am unsure as to what he's up to at this point... If we need a 4th RB on the roster, we can elevate Martinek.

                        TE:
                        I still want to see what this "JPP of Tight Ends" is all about. If he's that good, then him and Bennett should be good for the future. Maybe keep Pascoe for the short term as well. No real need to draft one with so much O-line at stake.

                        WR:
                        Barden needs to go. He had that one good game (that even he realizes that Eli made it happen for him). Other than that he can't crack an aging Hixon on the depth chart, and now even Jernigan is seeing more snaps on offense than him. Not too sure about Hixon, but he's worth keeping around since he's one of the few guys that plays with any intensity on our team.

                        D-line:
                        Tuck and Osi. Bernard was just a stopgap Blackburn-like signing while Canty was on PUP. Canty and Linval can stay for the time being. Kuhn will be better next year as well... Move Kiwi back to the line, and let Tracy and Ojomo play rotational snaps.

                        Linebackers:
                        If we can find a good guy for the middle in free agency, go for it. Otherwise stick with the current crop we have. More pressing areas to improve in IMO.

                        CB:
                        GET. RID. OF. WEBSTER. Also, one of the few places besides O-line that I think we need to spend a draft pick on. Prince is solid, Hosley is making rookie mistakes but I think he has potential still.

                        Safety:
                        Probably the safest (pardon the pun) group out of all. Maybe try to trim out a little bit of Rolle's contract, but KP, Stevie, Rolle, and Hill are all good players.

                        Ah I don't thin the FO will burn up 5 picks on the oline......just not gonna happen. I see us going mostly defense this next draft.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shane4177 View Post
                          Ah I don't thin the FO will burn up 5 picks on the oline......just not gonna happen. I see us going mostly defense this next draft.
                          The sad thing is I agree with you... Reese hasn't ever spent a pick above the 5th round on OL...

                          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            The sad thing is I agree with you... Reese hasn't ever spent a pick above the 5th round on OL...
                            I'm wondering if any team in the history of the NFL draft has ever spent 5 picks on the OL . . . .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                              The sad thing is I agree with you... Reese hasn't ever spent a pick above the 5th round on OL...
                              Locklear is hurt and maybe Diehl will retire. Maybe that will force his hand.
                              For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

                              Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X