Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance Spags re-signs as our DC, after we repeat as Super Bowl champs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any chance Spags re-signs as our DC, after we repeat as Super Bowl champs?

I seriously think if we make the playoffs we can flip a switch and run the table, I absolutely do. We dominated the 49ers and Packers this year. We play the best of the best with our best and our best is better than anyone's best no matter how good they are (lol)

Will Spags be let go in N.O. or does he get another year or two? Say WHATEVER you want about Spags but I would take him back in an absolute ****ing H-E-A-R-T-B-E-A-T...... some of you can call him overrated or whatever you want but I would welcome him back with open arms, a bucket of coronas, a bottle of crown royal reserve and I'd let him punch Gilbride in the face whenever he got mad.

Fewell is not a good DC. He's schemes are far too inconsistent and lackluster. At times for about 3-4 games a season he can call an absolute genius game plan. It's the other 10+ games we're left wondering what the ****?
    His once thought of as exuberant enthusiasm no longer does anything for me anymore watching this defense play. This crap about players playing hard for him has now become a fallacy or an urban legend in Buffalo.

Fewell has no answers. All he says is we need to do this, do that and we need to play better. Yea no kidding.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

why....I am not Spags worshiper at all. I like the guy and he had success while he was here but there is not reason to think he is a DC guru, genius, or any other great thing like that. he had two good years......thats it
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

In all honestly, I'd love to get Ryan as our DC.
      For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

How do you ship Fewell out after winning?
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
          In all honestly, I'd love to get Ryan as our DC.
          I would LOVE REX Ryan as our DC.

But I seriously doubt the Jets fire him, the Giants front office puts up with him and/or we shift to a 3-4 defense.

P.S. - The OP is smoking crack.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post

But I seriously doubt the Jets fire him, the Giants front office puts up with him and/or we shift to a 3-4 defense.
            I think they do. His coaching approach is "let the inmates run the asylum," and his pet project - Sanchez - has been a colossal failure. I just don't think Ryan posses the same passion for both sides of the ball like he does for defense.
            For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              How do you ship Fewell out after winning?
              tell him they want to move in a different direction.....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                tell him they want to move in a different direction.....
                AH HA Madden has sure produced some fine head coaching material
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Spags may or may not be a good dco-ordinator, but he's a lot better than what we've had after he left.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

P.S. - The OP is smoking crack.
                    I highly doubt with the way he carries himself that Rex would allow himself to be "demoted".

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                      I highly doubt with the way he carries himself that Rex would allow himself to be "demoted".
                      You mean if he got fired, he wouldn't take a DC job that was offered? I think you're dead wrong there. In my mind, he's a DC for life and I'm not sure he'd get another HC offer right away. And he doesn't have the SB ring to rest his laurels on the way Gruden and Cowher do.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

So lets get this right. They repeat and fire their DC? Might as well get a new OC too. Why not fire TC while they are at it?

Comment

You mean if he got fired, he wouldn't take a DC job that was offered? I think you're dead wrong there. In my mind, he's a DC for life and I'm not sure he'd get another HC offer right away. And he doesn't have the SB ring to rest his laurels on the way Gruden and Cowher do.

I'd love him as a DC too. He is a fine example of someone who is a terrific coordinator yet not very good of a HC.

I just think Rex would hold out for a HC position rather than, in his mind, take a step backward and become a coordinator again.

He may accept a DC position though. And the interesting thing is that if that happens it's very likely that this time next year Rob is a HC while Rex is a DC. Quite ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                            So lets get this right. They repeat and fire their DC? Might as well get a new OC too. Why not fire TC while they are at it?
                            Pretty much /thread right there.
                            As Buddy stated, Why exactly would Perry be fired if we repeat as world champs? Not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              I would guess we have a basic case of not understanding the organization's philosophy of continuity. I always wondered how involved John Mara was in the day-to-day football operation. And then, within the last few days, buried in an article about how they decide an injured player gets to play again, there was a line or two that included the final decision is made on Friday in a meeting of TC, Reese and John Mara.

I don't know what else he gets to have the last word on but I am pretty sure TC and Reese aren't operating in a vacuum.

Comment

Working...
                              X