Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Coordinators?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why the Coordinators?

    A whole lot of people seem fed up with "kildrive" and perry "fool". Similarly you all were fed up with hufnagel, tim lewis, and bill sheridan. There has been one beloved coordinator during the TC era, Spags. Why is it you all are mad at the coordinators and want them fired? Why not the guy that hired both of them. The same man that has fired 3 coordinators during his tenure. So much angst toward coordinators but not the HC. I wonder why?

  • #2
    Some how winning two Super Bowls is no big deal. So many other coaches and GM's have done it that the Giants should clean house on year after winning he Super Bowl. Are they playing good now? No. Is it frustrating to watch? Yes. Do they need to clean house? No.

    Comment


    • #3
      3 shotgun draws in a row. 'nuff said.

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        there are a lot of anti - TC members around here.
        but we stay quiet for the most part
        because after 8 years of trying to get rid of him , we know its not gonna happen
        because the organization doesn't listen to us.

        and we are outnumbered 1000 to 1 on these boards , so you must fear for your life when posting against TC.

        they are Hobbits....blinded by the rings....they really think TC's coaching got us those rings.
        instead of realizing that 2 mediocre teams over-achieved and got hot in the playoffs and gave him a free ride.

        but posting about it , has become pointless.......as with most wisdom ,,,,it falls on deaf ears .
        it's just not worth the hassel to argue about it.,,,,,,,they have strength in numbers.

        hopefully this thread goes away before you get assassinated or burned at the stake .
        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the main issues with PF is that the defense seems soft and gives up way too many big plays. Personally, I could take him or leave him, but prefer a more aggressive defense than what he brings.

          with KG, it all comes down to inconsistency. I don't consider him a bad coordinator but am not a big fan of the "chuck and duck" offense. The biggest issue with it is how long it takes plays to develop, and the offensive line not being able to provide the time. There are worse O-lines in the NFL, but most offenses recognize that and design plays to get rid of the ball faster. This is an offense that relies heavily on the deep pass, the lowest success percentage play, and complex routes that require the receiver and QB to be on the same page at all times. If that doesn't work, they have little to fall back on. It's either great or horrible. When it's great, it is awesome to watch, when it's not... you have games like ATL and Cincy.
          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

          Comment


          • #6
            So you want TC fired but not the coordinators..?
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by brad View Post
              I think the main issues with PF is that the defense seems soft and gives up way too many big plays. Personally, I could take him or leave him, but prefer a more aggressive defense than what he brings.

              with KG, it all comes down to inconsistency. I don't consider him a bad coordinator but am not a big fan of the "chuck and duck" offense. The biggest issue with it is how long it takes plays to develop, and the offensive line not being able to provide the time. There are worse O-lines in the NFL, but most offenses recognize that and design plays to get rid of the ball faster. This is an offense that relies heavily on the deep pass, the lowest success percentage play, and complex routes that require the receiver and QB to be on the same page at all times. If that doesn't work, they have little to fall back on. It's either great or horrible. When it's great, it is awesome to watch, when it's not... you have games like ATL and Cincy.
              Well said.
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by brad View Post
                with KG, it all comes down to inconsistency.
                Umm... I think KG is the exact opposite of inconsistent. Say it with me: "Shotgun Draw"...

                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Umm... I think KG is the exact opposite of inconsistent. Say it with me: "Shotgun Draw"...
                  LOL, inconsistent in results, i.e. NO game then ATL game.
                  My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ask Eagles and Ravens fans how firing the coordinator worked out for them. it continually blows my mind that under Coughlin and Eli the Giants haven't had a losing season, and have won 2 SBs, and people still aren't happy. And this in a town where we are witness to how difficult it is to have success in this league.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      So you want TC fired but not the coordinators..?
                      I don't want anyone fired. I am questioning all the people that are calling for one or both of the coordinators' head but not coughlin's. Coughlin has already hired 3 bad coordinators and now posters are saying a 4th or even 5th. How can you possibly justify firing the coordinators and not the man that hired them, along with 3 other bad ones? If you want a coordinator fired you should also want tc fired. Wanting a coordinator fired is an admission of another failure of coughlin.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        KG is a brilliant offensive coordinator but I think it's time for a little shakeup in some of his personnel packages and playcalling (yes, Eli has some responsibility with the plays he checks into also) that has become grossly stale the last few years. We do have talented players like Wilson, and Jernigan that could certainly benefit from a different scheme. What about more passes to Hynoski? Wilson looked good as a receiving option and could add another wrinkle there. Just some examples and I'm sure others could add to that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Love TC and JR. Things will get better or they will turn it around net year

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They just won the Super Bowl last year. Fire TC? Two Super Bowls in just 8 seasons and he should be fired? That's funny stuff. Lets also not forget they where one of the worst teams in the league when he became the head coach.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              They just won the Super Bowl last year. Fire TC? Two Super Bowls in just 8 seasons and he should be fired? That's funny stuff. Lets also not forget they where one of the worst teams in the league when he became the head coach.
                              that's usually why HC changes are made isn't it ?
                              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X