Eli's first pick in Atlanta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli's first pick in Atlanta

I was finally able to sit down and watch the game a second time. The second play of the game, David Wilson gets BLOWN UP by Sean Weatherspoon while pass blocking. He gets ejected right into Eli and Eli throws the first INT of the game.

All of you wondering why TC doesn't trust Wilson and does trust Bradshaw, just watch this play and you will understand why.

There you go. Until the kid learns he will be nothing more then a situational player
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Agreed, I watched that play again, and it seems it affected the timing/placement of Eli throwing motion. I think Lumpkin might be better in pass protection.
      sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Comment

Wilson gets blown off the block but Eli is already throwing.......ehhh....I think it was a ****ty pass. I am not an Eli basher either....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

If that was the sole reason for the pick, he wouldn't throw picks whenever Bradshaw is in...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Eli threw a bad pass. Wilson's block was bad. But at least he held Weatherspoon up for a split second instead of completely whiffing on it.

Asante trusted that the deep route was covered by his safety over the top and gambled on an underneath pass. Rewatching it I thought Eli could have gone deep and had a huge play, benefit of hindsight.

Was a good play from a playmaking corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              If that was the sole reason for the pick, he wouldn't throw picks whenever Bradshaw is in...
              that doesnt even make sense....
              the OP isnt saying Eli only throws picks when Wilson is or when blocks break down fron RB. he is talking about THAT play
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by TheAussieGiant View Post
                Eli threw a bad pass. Wilson's block was bad. But at least he held Weatherspoon up for a split second instead of completely whiffing on it.

Asante trusted that the deep route was covered by his safety over the top and gambled on an underneath pass. Rewatching it I thought Eli could have gone deep and had a huge play, benefit of hindsight.

+1. I was thinking the same thing too.
                Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAussieGiant View Post

It's true that Asante Samuel is Eli's kryptonite... he's the reason we lost to freaking VY last year. He just naturally exposes our scheme, and that's the most annoying thing. Personally I think we should try to trade for him, not just for his own legit skills, but also because he'd be great in practice to help us improve our weak points in the passing scheme, and even more, we'd never have to play against him ever again...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

It was a bad pass and bad block.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                      I was finally able to sit down and watch the game a second time. The second play of the game, David Wilson gets BLOWN UP by Sean Weatherspoon while pass blocking. He gets ejected right into Eli and Eli throws the first INT of the game.

All of you wondering why TC doesn't trust Wilson and does trust Bradshaw, just watch this play and you will understand why.
                      Dude, you can't just talk crap like that. Wilson's pick-up had NOTHING to do with the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        There you go. Until the kid learns he will be nothing more then a situational player
                        Get a grip. Watch the play for yourself instead on talking out your ***.

Comment

Neither Wilson or Eli really did well on that play. We should know better than to test Asante Samuel RIGHT out of the gates like that but yeah...Wilson is going to get hurt if he keeps trying to pass block like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                            Dude, you can't just talk crap like that. Wilson's pick-up had NOTHING to do with the pick.
                            You can't be serious. The number #1 reason for INT's, unless your name is Mark Sanchez, is pressure. Eli knew Wilson had no chance one-on-one with Weatherspoon PRE-SNAP. Kudos to Asante for knowing Eli was going to get rid of it before he wanted to.
                            Last edited by moosedrool; 12-18-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Just in case anybody wanted to see it more clearly..
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                              X