Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's different this time.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's different this time.......

    I've been a Giants fan all my life, haven't missed a game in over 10 years, and the "life" of a Giants fan is a difficult one. Despite the 2 SB wins in 5 years, the life of a Giants fan is bipolar on a good day. It sucks! Having said that, this time, this year, this team is different than previous teams. After watching that Falcons game I realized there was something very different about how we played vs. previous bi-polar episodes. This time, we had NO FIGHT! As if we're satisfied with what we've accomplished and we're ready to pack it in. One play in that game sums it all up (besides the many VERY AVERAGE plays from Eli), Justin Tuck, a D-lineman and the CAPTAIN of our defense had 2 arms wrapped around a back up running back for the Falcons and he coudn't bring him down - in fact, he was slung to the ground like a has been. Unacceptable. All this talk about "needing to be motivated" and "can't play until our backs are against the wall" is total rubbish, and as fans we deserve better. I played football my entire life, pee wee, high school, intramurals in college and on no game day, ever, did I need to be "motivated" to play. I was ALWAYS jacked up for games.....and I'm an amateur. These are supposed to be the worlds best, top athletes who get paid $$$$$$ to be great. If you can't "get up" for games, then give your salary back to the owner, pack your gear and head out!!! Why don't you just quit pro sports all together and save us the anguish!

  • #2
    Last weekend reminded me of the Cincinnati game with respect to just a lack of timing, execution, and fire.

    People can knock Brandon Jacobs all they want, but at least he brought some fire.

    Killdrive effectively pooped all over any rally potential when he benched Wilson in favor of Lumpkin.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

    Comment


    • #3
      The Giants lack consistency, intestinal fortitude and heart. If the season goes as it has had the Giants should destroy the Ravens and then lay an egg to the Eagles. They have been a rollercoaster ride more than any recent season. When you look at them on the sidelines, it is just as many commentators, former players and fans have said...there is absolutely no fire, desire or even want.

      You can't hang your hat on recent Super Bowls and successes because every year is different. Hell if things were supposed to go the way they are for history's sake the Red Sox would still be looking to win their first World Series in so many years. It almost seems as if the Giants' players expected the league to hand them the Lombardi this year.

      Comment


      • #4
        if we beat the Ravens and somehow lose to the Eagles...and not make the playoffs.....
        i just gotta hope that doesn't happen.....that would be an long spring and summer to have to live with that.

        and it would make Eagle fan feel like he won the superbowl.
        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stormblue View Post
          if we beat the Ravens and somehow lose to the Eagles...and not make the playoffs.....
          i just gotta hope that doesn't happen.....that would be an long spring and summer to have to live with that.

          and it would make Eagle fan feel like he won the superbowl.
          As terrible as that would be, I'm having a hard time even thinking that far ahead....Quiet frankly, I'm scared of this game coming up. We need to win this game Big time or the season is over as far as I'm concerned

          Comment


          • #6
            yeah , it wasn't so much losing to ATL that got me worrying....
            it was how we got totally ambushed by them.

            it made we wonder if we are really that good anymore.
            i'm gonna root my *** off of course.....but my expectations and confidence have taken a severe blow.
            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bigblue19 View Post
              Having said that, this time, this year, this team is different than previous teams. After watching that Falcons game I realized there was something very different about how we played vs. previous bi-polar episodes. This time, we had NO FIGHT! As if we're satisfied with what we've accomplished and we're ready to pack it in.
              Funny, that sounds exactly like several other performances. You sure you've been a fan for over 10 years?

              Like the last ever game at Giants Stadium in 2009. And the drubbing the following week vs. the Vikings.

              And the 2010 meltdown against the Eagles. And the following week's drubbing against the Packers.

              And the 2008 home playoff loss against the Eagles.

              And the 2005 home playoff loss against the Panthers.
              Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 12-19-2012, 07:18 AM.
              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

              "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                and it would make Eagle fan feel like he won the superbowl.
                My token Eagle friend acquaintance is already gearing up for that possibility.
                8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

                "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                  if we beat the Ravens and somehow lose to the Eagles...and not make the playoffs.....
                  i just gotta hope that doesn't happen.....that would be an long spring and summer to have to live with that.

                  and it would make Eagle fan feel like he won the superbowl.
                  I've had an Eagle fan tell me as much about 3 weeks ago.. " I want the Giants to need the last game to get in and then Philly WILL beat them."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                    My token Eagle friend acquaintance is already gearing up for that possibility.
                    ha ha . . . "token Eagle friend acquaintance"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                      I've had an Eagle fan tell me as much about 3 weeks ago.. " I want the Giants to need the last game to get in and then Philly WILL beat them."
                      They have to have joy out of something in their lives. They def are not winning or have ever won a superbowl lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                        The Giants lack consistency, intestinal fortitude and heart. If the season goes as it has had the Giants should destroy the Ravens and then lay an egg to the Eagles. They have been a rollercoaster ride more than any recent season. When you look at them on the sidelines, it is just as many commentators, former players and fans have said...there is absolutely no fire, desire or even want.

                        You can't hang your hat on recent Super Bowls and successes because every year is different. Hell if things were supposed to go the way they are for history's sake the Red Sox would still be looking to win their first World Series in so many years. It almost seems as if the Giants' players expected the league to hand them the Lombardi this year.
                        To accuse the defending Super Bowl champs of not having heart is absolutely disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bigblue19 View Post
                          I've been a Giants fan all my life, haven't missed a game in over 10 years, and the "life" of a Giants fan is a difficult one. Despite the 2 SB wins in 5 years, the life of a Giants fan is bipolar on a good day. It sucks! Having said that, this time, this year, this team is different than previous teams. After watching that Falcons game I realized there was something very different about how we played vs. previous bi-polar episodes. This time, we had NO FIGHT! As if we're satisfied with what we've accomplished and we're ready to pack it in. One play in that game sums it all up (besides the many VERY AVERAGE plays from Eli), Justin Tuck, a D-lineman and the CAPTAIN of our defense had 2 arms wrapped around a back up running back for the Falcons and he coudn't bring him down - in fact, he was slung to the ground like a has been. Unacceptable. All this talk about "needing to be motivated" and "can't play until our backs are against the wall" is total rubbish, and as fans we deserve better. I played football my entire life, pee wee, high school, intramurals in college and on no game day, ever, did I need to be "motivated" to play. I was ALWAYS jacked up for games.....and I'm an amateur. These are supposed to be the worlds best, top athletes who get paid $$$$$$ to be great. If you can't "get up" for games, then give your salary back to the owner, pack your gear and head out!!! Why don't you just quit pro sports all together and save us the anguish!
                          The life of a Giants fan sucks? Man, where do these people come from?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's not the same this year because last year they could always rely on the offense. This year they can not. As far as inning this week and losing next week, let take one week at a time. However, the Eagles do own the Giants and eliminating them from the layoffs would be a great finish for their disappointing season.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bigblue19 View Post
                              I've been a Giants fan all my life, haven't missed a game in over 10 years, and the "life" of a Giants fan is a difficult one. Despite the 2 SB wins in 5 years, the life of a Giants fan is bipolar on a good day. It sucks! Having said that, this time, this year, this team is different than previous teams. After watching that Falcons game I realized there was something very different about how we played vs. previous bi-polar episodes. This time, we had NO FIGHT! As if we're satisfied with what we've accomplished and we're ready to pack it in. One play in that game sums it all up (besides the many VERY AVERAGE plays from Eli), Justin Tuck, a D-lineman and the CAPTAIN of our defense had 2 arms wrapped around a back up running back for the Falcons and he coudn't bring him down - in fact, he was slung to the ground like a has been. Unacceptable. All this talk about "needing to be motivated" and "can't play until our backs are against the wall" is total rubbish, and as fans we deserve better. I played football my entire life, pee wee, high school, intramurals in college and on no game day, ever, did I need to be "motivated" to play. I was ALWAYS jacked up for games.....and I'm an amateur. These are supposed to be the worlds best, top athletes who get paid $$$$$$ to be great. If you can't "get up" for games, then give your salary back to the owner, pack your gear and head out!!! Why don't you just quit pro sports all together and save us the anguish!
                              People said the same exact thing after losing to Washington the second time last year.... Here we are.....
                              Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X