On how many plays is bennet the first read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On how many plays is bennet the first read

The one thing I notice about Bennett this year is for many of his catches he has been wide open. Sometimes he is wide open but eli ends up throwing to someone else not as open. I think we need more plays where bennet is the first option.
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Interesting question. I would think none or very few as he has blocking responsibilities
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Interesting question. I would think none or very few as he has blocking responsibilities
      Agreed.....a lot of times he's asked to block then release or at least chip the DE making it difficult for him to be be the first read straight off the line......my guess, unless the play is designed specifically for him like a PA rollout, is that he's the 2nd or 3rd read at best on most plays.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
        Agreed.....a lot of times he's asked to block then release or at least chip the DE making it difficult for him to be be the first read straight off the line......my guess, unless the play is designed specifically for him like a PA rollout, is that he's the 2nd or 3rd read at best on most plays.
        That sounds about right
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'd say zero.

I truely think Eli's first read is waiting for either Nicks or Cruz to break open at least 10 yards down field on every play. 2nd option is the other either Nicks or Cruz 20 yards down the field. The third option is maybe Randle or Hixon about 10-15 yards downfield. Then Bennett, and rarely the occational screen to the RB.
          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
            Yup. In the Saints game they show him wide open and Eli threw that pass to a double covered Cruz in the end zone.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

The guy is pretty athletic and such a big target. It's a shame that our Oline situation is so bad that we rely almost 100% on having a running back in pass protection. We could spread the field out so much if Bennett could catch passes midfield for 10-15 yards that are thrown to a spot that is only reachable by him (even the more athletic linebackers are going vertical with a guy of Bennett's size).

All of our passing plays rely on the RB blocking, the TE blocking and or chipping to even give Eli the slightest hint of a comfortable passing environment.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                The one thing I notice about Bennett this year is for many of his catches he has been wide open. Sometimes he is wide open but eli ends up throwing to someone else not as open. I think we need more plays where bennet is the first option.
                I think he was limited during the middle of the season with that hyper-extended knee.

I'd like to see him run more short seams and crossing routes.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by MustWarnOthers View Post
                  The guy is pretty athletic and such a big target. It's a shame that our Oline situation is so bad that we rely almost 100% on having a running back in pass protection. We could spread the field out so much if Bennett could catch passes midfield for 10-15 yards that are thrown to a spot that is only reachable by him (even the more athletic linebackers are going vertical with a guy of Bennett's size).

All of our passing plays rely on the RB blocking, the TE blocking and or chipping to even give Eli the slightest hint of a comfortable passing environment.
                  Too bad the one pass that Eli is completely incapable of throwing is the slant. Bennett and Cruz could have a field day running slants like they're Witten and Austin...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

With our system? Probably only on play actions.

Comment

Now that the Giants have started grooming and disciplining Bennett, maybe the Patriots will pick him up from us. They can run a 4 wide TE/WR set with Bennett, Gronk and Hernandez on the outside and Ballard in the slot.

Comment

Now that the Giants have started grooming and disciplining Bennett, maybe the Patriots will pick him up from us. They can run a 4 wide TE/WR set with Bennett, Gronk and Hernandez on the outside and Ballard in the slot.
                        No they're going to pick up David Wilson and turn him into a pro bowler...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

well we have a couple of plays designed to him when we get the RZ but i can recall only 2-3 plays. The TD he had vs GB he was the first read, plus the TD he had week 1 vs dallas...when we get to the RZ, we've used him as the 1rst read and scored TDs/ I too have wondered why we havent targeted him more, esp with a hobbled nicks

Comment

Bennet has a good game one week and is completely invisible the next. why is it that TEs like Witten can get open all the time?

Comment

No team would be able to defend that lol

Comment

Working...
                              X