Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli must follow Roethlisberger's lead and call out his OC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli must follow Roethlisberger's lead and call out his OC.

Eli needs to call out Gillbride when he has it coming to him. Probably not in a public forum like Big Ben did, but pull Gillbride aside and come up with a better strategy, because the one they are using isn't working obviously. Eli has many strengths and Gillbride isn't turning Eli loose, he's restraining him. Maybe try a little no huddle, hurry up offense. Sometimes I just scratch my head, like why the hell did he just call that play. I know there's a reason why KG is paid to do what he does, and it's easy for all of us to be couch coaches, but why is it that he calls the same plays over and over again? His opponents already know what play he's going to choose before he chooses it, too predictable!

http://usat.ly/REoduX
    Last edited by Chris Christie; 12-19-2012, 06:47 PM.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Originally posted by Chris Christie View Post
    Eli needs to call out Gillbride when he has it coming to him. Probably not in a public forum like Big Ben did, but pull Gillbride aside and come up with a better strategy, because the one they are using isn't working obviously. Eli has many strengths and Gillbride isn't turning Eli loose, he's restraining him. Maybe try a little no huddle, hurry up offense. Sometimes I just scratch my head, like why the hell did he just call that play. I know there's a reason why KG is paid to do what he does, and it's easy for all of us to be couch coaches, but why is it that he calls the same plays over and over again? His opponents already know what play he's going to choose before he chooses it, too predictable!

ben apologized to him I believe, so I dunno what that means as far as making progress.

Comment

I disagree. I don't want Eli to emulate Roethlisberger at all.

But I agree that Gilbride has really stagnated.....I just think it's job of the head coach to critique the OC.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

yep because clearly, Gilbride is the reason Eli has some decision making issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
          ben apologized to him I believe, so I dunno what that means as far as making progress.
          He only apologized because he did it in a public forum. I said pull Gillbride aside and call him out. At least Ben has the go nads to question his OC's play calling.
          Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
            yep because clearly, Gilbride is the reason Eli has some decision making issues.
            Ben threw an interception and blamed his OC, it has a lot to do with it. Read the article.

Comment

Even if Eli doesn't agree with your assessment?
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

This is too rich. 1/2 the people on this board are calling for the Giants to fire Gilbride despite the 2 SBs and decent performance thus far this year. The Steelers did just that last year, and now look at the dysfunction they are facing. Meanwhile, Arians will be up for coach of the year honors for what he has done w/Luck and the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  Even if Eli doesn't agree with your assessment?
                  Lol, yes. Should Eli just stand idle and take every single play call that's dished out to him? Even if it's failed over and over again?
                  Obviously it got to Ben, so it MUST get to our boy Eli. I think he's too easy going sometimes. One of my buddies was just saying, "how come you never see Eli fired up on the sidelines", he kind've just stands there with that blank look on his face. He's gotta start showing some emotion, and letting people know things get to him....something has to give here.

Comment

Lol, yes. Should Eli just stand idle and take every single play call that's dished out to him? Even if it's failed over and over again?
                    Obviously it got to Ben, so it MUST get to our boy Eli. I think he's too easy going sometimes. One of my buddies was just saying, "how come you never see Eli fired up on the sidelines", he kind've just stands there with that blank look on his face. He's gotta start showing some emotion, and letting people know things get to him....something has to give here.
                    You're making a lot of assumptions about things you know nothing about.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      You're making a lot of assumptions about things you know nothing about.
                      You're right, maybe I shouldn't assume anything gets to him, hence the blank look on his face after he throws a pick, or after a quick 3 and out.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                        I disagree. I don't want Eli to emulate Roethlisberger at all.

But I agree that Gilbride has really stagnated.....I just think it's job of the head coach to critique the OC.
                        What I was coming on this forum to say. Eli is a player. At most, he can make suggestions, but Coughlin needs to be the one to lay down the law. I do agree that Eli is being held back by some of the play calling though. HE generally does very well when he's let loose and allowed to do his own play calling with the no huddle offense.
                        Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Comment

Eli is a team guy and knows his role

he believes in the system that has brought him 2 championships ......as he should

as soon as a player doesn't buy in the formula for failure breeds

we as fans don't have to buy in.....the players do

Comment

You're right, maybe I shouldn't assume anything gets to him, hence the blank look on his face after he throws a pick, or after a quick 3 and out.
                            Eli is not openly demonstrative most of the time and hasn't been since he's been here. Not when we're winning, losing or not playing.

But we don't know how much input Eli has in the "offensive gameplan" every week. We do know that he has the option of changing, at the LOS, any play called based on what defense he thinks he sees.

Eli's "blank look" that you joke about is how he puts what has just happened, good or bad, away and gets ready for the next play. How often do you see him run down the field after throwing a TD?

Comment

Eli is not going to do it because believe it or not the giants have been covering for eli's short comings for years. They knew Eli struggled with throwing in the meadowlands and had bad mechanics

Comment

Working...
                              X