Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we took 1986 Phil Simms and put him under center today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we took 1986 Phil Simms and put him under center today...

What would our record be, would be be a playoff team, and if so how far would we progress?

Let's say for the sake of argument that Simms had an offseason or two to fully grasp our offense.

I'm going to go ahead and put morehead down for 16-0 right now...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

I don't know.....he's kinda old to be playing QB now isn't he?

Comment

Phil Simms would have blown up on our OC.

Comment

Probably atrocious since the idea of Phil Sims and an offense based on Option Route Palooza is a recipe for failure. I'd say 4-12 or 5-11.

Comment

Hard to say, two very different systems. Statistically I think he would have better numbers with a pass first offense and better receivers... but I doubt it would be any better than Eli, probably pretty close to the same.
          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            What would our record be, would be be a playoff team, and if so how far would we progress?

Let's say for the sake of argument that Simms had an offseason or two to fully grasp our offense.

I'm going to go ahead and put morehead down for 16-0 right now...
            You're a big fat troublemaker.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Our record would probably still be the same.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

He would have been great he would be completing 17 out of 20 passes that were accurate. I think we would already have 10 wins. but of course this is all speculation. Would sure love to see him out there with these pass friendly rules today.

Comment

Phil was avery good QB.....he would have adapted and played well. He also would get mauled by the modern pass rush
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    Phil was avery good QB.....he would have adapted and played well. He also would get mauled by the modern pass rush
                    Nah he took shots in the 80's and stood tall in the pocket and you could tee off on a QB then. Eli turns his body and panic throws right to defenders and double coverage just to avoid being touched.

Comment

No way does anything close to what Eli did last season. People seem to forget that Eli was the reason the Giants won many game they had no business winning last year.

Comment

I think simms would thrive in this sort of offense.. With Nicks and Cruz and is accuracy he'd do really really effin well. That being said I'd still take Eli any day of the week. he's struggled this season, but when hes on he's amazing.
                        Last edited by ALLnygIN; 12-19-2012, 10:18 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Simms would have done way worse behind this oline, lack of a running game and a system that is confusing and has gotten stale like the two ancient fossils running our team. Wonder if coughlin and co. will make an appearance in The Expendables 3. We would be 4-12 at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            You're a big fat troublemaker.
                            AM NOT!!!

Oh wait... hang on a sec... I'm big, I'm fat, and I'm a troublemaker. So yeah, actually that is pretty accurate...

And for the record, I'd say about 10-6 this season... albeit he would be much more vocal vs Killdrive than Eli is and as such the offense would be adjusted more to what he can do specifically... If he had to make the current system work as-is, more like 7-9.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Wow. Now folks are questioning Eli's toughness and the way he turns hia body.

Comment

Working...
                              X