Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norv Turner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Norv Turner

    this is the guy we need to put the full court press on once the season is over,,,he sucks as a head coach but is no doubt a brilliant offensive coordinator. He is willing to take such a position for a team with the pieces to win a super bowl,,he likes to throw the ball down field and will use the short passing game to make up for lack of a running game(if that is the case again next year). I think it is a win, win and Eli and the O will flourish under this guy.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dinator-again/

  • #2
    honestly, he would be one of the OCs we COULD actually transition this offense to his. he uses some sight adjustment philosophies, he has some Coryell ball in his scheme and KGs offense is an evolution of that imo.
    That said, dunno if the FO/TC even has entertained the thought of getting rid of KG unfortunately/fortunately depending on ur stance on KG. Turner, imo, would be perfect here with Bennett and Wilson with the WRs we have...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      honestly, he would be one of the OCs we COULD actually transition this offense to his. he uses some sight adjustment philosophies, he has some Coryell ball in his scheme and KGs offense is an evolution of that imo.
      That said, dunno if the FO/TC even has entertained the thought of getting rid of KG unfortunately/fortunately depending on ur stance on KG. Turner, imo, would be perfect here with Bennett and Wilson with the WRs we have...
      a man can dream

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        honestly, he would be one of the OCs we COULD actually transition this offense to his. he uses some sight adjustment philosophies, he has some Coryell ball in his scheme and KGs offense is an evolution of that imo.
        That said, dunno if the FO/TC even has entertained the thought of getting rid of KG unfortunately/fortunately depending on ur stance on KG. Turner, imo, would be perfect here with Bennett and Wilson with the WRs we have...
        our offense could be dare i say,,,lethal under turner.

        Comment


        • #5
          Turner is definitely a better offensive coordinator than a head coach. I wouldn't throw out Kevin Gilbride, but if something were to happen to him then I wouldn't be against it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
            Turner is definitely a better offensive coordinator than a head coach. I wouldn't throw out Kevin Gilbride, but if something were to happen to him then I wouldn't be against it.
            not only would i throw gilbride out to get turner,,i would drive him anywhere he wanted to go.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just hope that some college team gives Gilbride a job. What about Jason Garrett? If the cowpokies lose to Washington and we win out they may miss the playoffs. If they miss, expect Jones to go hard after Sean payton.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                I just hope that some college team gives Gilbride a job. What about Jason Garrett? If the cowpokies lose to Washington and we win out they may miss the playoffs. If they miss, expect Jones to go hard after Sean payton.
                good pont but I think I still prefer turner,,,I have a feeling peyton stays put.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Can Norv do better than KG?
                  Last edited by ashleymarie; 12-20-2012, 05:08 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                    Can Norv do better than KG?
                    I think so. He was the Dallas coordinator when they had Aikman, Irvin, Smith and Harper. He is one of Ernie Zampese's products. He has always been a good coordinator, but his head coaching abilities suck. I think, like Bill Belichick, Jimmy Johnson has produced some poor head coaches but usually puts together effective coordinators. Another instance Dave Wannstedt sucked as a head coach on a few different levels, but was always a good defensive coordinator.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                      Can Norv do better than KG?
                      Logic? Here?
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                        I just hope that some college team gives Gilbride a job. What about Jason Garrett? If the cowpokies lose to Washington and we win out they may miss the playoffs. If they miss, expect Jones to go hard after Sean payton.

                        It would be hilarious to have either Garrett or Reid as our OC, and Rex Ryan as our DC next year...

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                          not only would i throw gilbride out to get turner,,i would drive him anywhere he wanted to go.
                          lmao.
                          Lets go, Giants!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Honestly, I can't see it happening. Whether we make the playoffs or not. KG and PF are coming back. It bothers me some, but both guys has had success here.
                            Lets go, Giants!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              On a more serious note, has ANYONE ever seen Norv Turner and Principal Skinner in the same place at the same time??

                              Just saying ........

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X