Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoff Scenarios

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Playoff Scenarios

    The simplest way to make the playoffs is beat the Ravens and Eagles and finish 10-6 with a number 4 seed and most likely a home wild card game versus the Seahawks. Like I said the simplest, we control our own destiny.

    Now if we lose to Baltimore it's gets real tricky:

    NO beats Dallas, Houston beats Minnesota, and Arizona beats Chicago.- week 16. Then in week 17, we'd have to beat Philly and we're in.

    Now if we beat Baltimore and lose to Philly (Which if that's the case we don't deserve the playoffs):

    NO beats Dallas, Philly beats Washington, Arizona beats Chicago- week 16, Also, we'd need Minnesota to lose one of their last two (@Houston, home vs. GB)


    Now if we lose out and go 8-8 I don't think there's anyway we make it, I might be wrong, let me know if I am. (Also, we don't deserve the playoffs at 8-8)

    If I'm missing any scenarios, let me know but this is all I can see as a possibility right now.
    80

  • #2
    Honestly I hope we win out and get an away WC game vs the cowboys. You know that we're blessed to win in that place ever since Dez Bryant's fingertips or Miles Austin's temporary blindness...

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
      Honestly I hope we win out and get an away WC game vs the cowboys. You know that we're blessed to win in that place ever since Dez Bryant's fingertips or Miles Austin's temporary blindness...
      Yea a game vs. Dal would be nice. A Dallas win vs. NO, a SF win vs SEA in week 16 and a Dallas win vs. WAS in week 17 and you have your wish I wouldn't mind WAS beating DAL with those same scenarios in week 17 and hosting WAS in a wild card game.
      80

      Comment


      • #4
        We're going back to Green Bay as a wildcard, take it to the bank.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kendo15 View Post
          We're going back to Green Bay as a wildcard, take it to the bank.
          Yup, this seems more plausible than us actually winning the division this year.
          Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't care where we go as long as we're there . Wherever we're playing, I'll have my ready.
            80

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by G-MANning4Life View Post
              Yup, this seems more plausible than us actually winning the division this year.
              And I'll gaurantee you, they will not fancy it one bit.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kendo15 View Post
                And I'll gaurantee you, they will not fancy it one bit.
                No they won't, but if you put things in perspective, all the teams we beat up on this season and last playoff run will not fancy us coming to their stadium in the post-season. It's just what we must expect.

                Although I would rather play GB in the first round than any other team, simply because their o-line is terrible this year and Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked QB in the NFC this season. If our D-line can beat up on him and we come away with a confidence boosting win, no telling what that can do for the team.

                Also, it's better to take GB out early, as I view them as a similar threat as our NYG are for everyone else. You let them get a swing of momentum, and they're tough to play, especially at home.
                Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NYGfanNC View Post
                  The simplest way to make the playoffs is beat the Ravens and Eagles and finish 10-6 with a number 4 seed and most likely a home wild card game versus the Seahawks. Like I said the simplest, we control our own destiny.

                  Now if we lose to Baltimore it's gets real tricky:

                  NO beats Dallas, Houston beats Minnesota, and Arizona beats Chicago.- week 16. Then in week 17, we'd have to beat Philly and we're in.

                  Now if we beat Baltimore and lose to Philly (Which if that's the case we don't deserve the playoffs):

                  NO beats Dallas, Philly beats Washington, Arizona beats Chicago- week 16, Also, we'd need Minnesota to lose one of their last two (@Houston, home vs. GB)


                  Now if we lose out and go 8-8 I don't think there's anyway we make it, I might be wrong, let me know if I am. (Also, we don't deserve the playoffs at 8-8)

                  If I'm missing any scenarios, let me know but this is all I can see as a possibility right now.
                  Even if we win out, the chances of us winning the division and the 4 seed, is still a long shot. It would require either both the Skins and Cowboys lose this week, or one of them lose this week and then the team that loses this week wins the final game where they are playing each other.
                  #80

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NYGfanNC View Post
                    The simplest way to make the playoffs is beat the Ravens and Eagles and finish 10-6 with a number 4 seed and most likely a home wild card game versus the Seahawks. Like I said the simplest, we control our own destiny.

                    Now if we lose to Baltimore it's gets real tricky:

                    NO beats Dallas, Houston beats Minnesota, and Arizona beats Chicago.- week 16. Then in week 17, we'd have to beat Philly and we're in.

                    Now if we beat Baltimore and lose to Philly (Which if that's the case we don't deserve the playoffs):

                    NO beats Dallas, Philly beats Washington, Arizona beats Chicago- week 16, Also, we'd need Minnesota to lose one of their last two (@Houston, home vs. GB)


                    Now if we lose out and go 8-8 I don't think there's anyway we make it, I might be wrong, let me know if I am. (Also, we don't deserve the playoffs at 8-8)

                    If I'm missing any scenarios, let me know but this is all I can see as a possibility right now.
                    The Giants blew all the easy scenarios for making the playoffs and winning the Division, so they are down to the simplest scenario of all......win the last 2, win the wildcard spot!
                    It wouldnt surprise me one little bit if the Giants miss the playoffs all together.
                    Everyone is so busy talking about how the Giants do this every year and then turn it on to make the post season, that they're forgetting the year that the Giants needed a win to get into the playoffs and ended up playing like they did in Atlanta and missed the playoffs.
                    Contrary to popular myth....the magic hasn't ALWAYS worked and is anything but automatic.
                    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

                    John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here's the scenario I want: Dallas beats NO and WAS to take division, Giants win out to take #5 seed:

                      Seedings are as follows:
                      1 ATL
                      2 SF
                      3 GB
                      4 DAL
                      5 NYG
                      6 SEA

                      The most important part of this is that Seattle stands a chance at GB. We can take care of business at the Jerrahdome, but if Seattle beats GB that means we go to the Stick (another place we absolutely know that we can win) for round 2 instead of Atlanta. That way the title game would be either @ATL again (ugh), or, if Russel Wilson can catch on fire, we would actually host them... although that is equally ugh since the seahawks beat us last year and that was with tavaris jackson...

                      Alternatively, I wouldn't mind being #6 if SF won out and ATL lost out, swapping their positions in the seeding (though that is unlikely)
                      Last edited by Toadofsteel; 12-20-2012, 10:45 AM.

                      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kendo15 View Post
                        We're going back to Green Bay as a wildcard, take it to the bank.
                        agreed 100%
                        sigpic
                        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

                        2015 season tbd

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We're going back to Green Bay as a wildcard, take it to the bank.


                          Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                          agreed 100%
                          ^^ ^^ This !
                          There’s always somebody saying that Giants can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We lose out and we don't deserve to get in. It would be a serious shame if they didn't get in and have a chance to defend their title!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                              We lose out and we don't deserve to get in. It would be a serious shame if they didn't get in and have a chance to defend their title!
                              The way they played this year, they don't deserve to defend their crown. Way too inconsistent this year. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching. Up and down all year. The Giants are still trying to force the round peg in to the square hole. Its not working. If the Giants dont make the playoffs, they are going to have to make changes in the offseason, both coaches and players. If they do, they still need to make chnages. They cant get by anymore in a previously watered down NFC East. Washington obviously got better. Dallas seems to shoot themselves in the foot but that can't be relied upon. And the Eagles have begun the rebuilding mode. And in the NFL you can go from worst to first in a season.
                              “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
                              ― George Carlin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X