Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alarming Cap Hits for 2013 ,may change the team as we know it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Restructure Eli again - He just gets his money as a bonus instead of a monthly pay out
    Cut Webster if possible
    Restrucure Rolle - He just gets his money as a bonus
    Cut Diehl - and hope the Redskins sign him to protect RGIII
    Cut Tuck - the Redskins will definitely sign him as RGIII's masseur, nake yoga instructor, and happy endings provider
    Restructure Canty - He just gets his money as a bonus
    Cut Baas - (Will this cost too much?)
    Keep Boley - Heart and soul of the defense

LMAO about Tuck.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

PS.......The Giants need to make room for Cruz, and that's going to be huge money......can't let dead wood get in the way of resigning him.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
        PS.......The Giants need to make room for Cruz, and that's going to be huge money......can't let dead wood get in the way of resigning him.
        also kenny phillips and stevie brown. we have 21 guys set to be FA's.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          also kenny phillips and stevie brown. we have 21 guys set to be FA's.
          This is going to be the end of the road for some of the guys remaining from the 2007 run.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
            This is going to be the end of the road for some of the guys remaining from the 2007 run.
            lets just hope Reese doesnt try and hang on to guys not producing much anymore and doesnt continue to overpay them.

Comment

Problem with restructuring is it pushes the money into the next season. So for instance, rolle has two years left, if you took next years and rolled it over to his last year, his cap hit would be enormous, like 25 million. Just cant be done.

Most of the guys listed have their contracts expire next year or the year after, thats why the cap hits are so large.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                Problem with restructuring is it pushes the money into the next season. So for instance, rolle has two years left, if you took next years and rolled it over to his last year, his cap hit would be enormous, like 25 million. Just cant be done.

Most of the guys listed have their contracts expire next year or the year after, thats why the cap hits are so large.
                correct except non expire next year from the ones i listed.

Comment

lets just hope Reese doesnt try and hang on to guys not producing much anymore and doesnt continue to overpay them.
                  Fortunately, Reese doesn't have Coughlin's sentimentality.

Comment

correct except non expire next year from the ones i listed.
                    I meant at the end of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      I meant at the end of next year.
                      ooops gotcha

Comment

2013 cap hits

Eli - 20,800,000

webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

tuck - 5,600,000

canty- 8,200,000

baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

Reese will restructure some, but he really needs to trim the fat here ,look at the production and worth.

seems like we always are tight in cap space, how about making room so we can have a future.

we have a few FA's we need to pay also
                        theres alot of fat to be cut there....

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          Cutting Baas would result in a $9 million hit next season. It's a similar story for many players. Cutting players is easier said than done.
                          That and the fact that Reese is gonna want to keep most of the oline intact for the purpose of continuity and experience. Baas isnt going anywhere. In fact, with the exception of DD, I'm willing to bet this oline will be exactly the same next year.

However, restructure Webby,, or bye bye. I'm comfortable with Prince and Hosley has got the skill sets.

Isn't KP due for a new contract as well? With the emergence of Brown, I wonder how that pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            How many think Eli was worth that amount this season I wonder?
                            absolutely not but he was the only game in town for us because Carr isn't much to count on. I wonder how the front office feels about a QB who is going to be paid about 20 mil and has just had the season Eli has had..

Comment

Reese needs to spend the next three to five years rebuilding this team into a a playoff contender. Getting rid of guys like Diehl, Webster, Tuck, etc. might not be a bad thing since they are dead weight. We need to get younger, healthier, and more talented.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
                                That and the fact that Reese is gonna want to keep most of the oline intact for the purpose of continuity and experience. Baas isnt going anywhere. In fact, with the exception of DD, I'm willing to bet this oline will be exactly the same next year.

However, restructure Webby,, or bye bye. I'm comfortable with Prince and Hosley has got the skill sets.

Isn't KP due for a new contract as well? With the emergence of Brown, I wonder how that pans out.
                                Id think Rolle could be a casualty, KP is younger & wont make nearly as much as Rolles big cap hit....

Comment

Working...
                                X