Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alarming Cap Hits for 2013 ,may change the team as we know it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Who are the 2013 FA's? Obviously there's Osi who we'd most likely just let walk unless he starts getting 5 sacks a game from here on out, as well as guys like Bennett and Rivers that we'd probably want to re-sign, but who else?
    lets see

Carr, Andre Brown(EFRA), Barden, Cruz (RFA), Beckum, Bennett, Tynes, Beatty, Boothe, Sean Rogers, Osi, Blackburn, KP, Rivers, and probably more.

Beatty, Bennett, Boothe are probably must signs, Cruz could be tagged, but its risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      2013 cap hits

Eli - 20,800,000

webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

tuck - 5,600,000

canty- 8,200,000

baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

Reese will restructure some, but he really needs to trim the fat here ,look at the production and worth.

seems like we always are tight in cap space, how about making room so we can have a future.

we have a few FA's we need to pay also
      Eli - Restructure and trim 4 mil for 2013
      Webster - cut
      Rolle - Restructure and trim 2.5 - 3 mil for 2013
      Diehl - cut
      Tuck - cut
      Canty - Restructure and trim 2.5 mil for 2013
      Baas - Restructure and trim 3.5 mil for 2013
      Boley - Restructure and trim 1.5 - 2 mil for 2013
      ======================= $14 - 15 mil + another $23 mil just from restructure and cuts from this list = $37-38 mil to put into FA and signing actual contributors on this team...Hell, I'd force Bradshaw to restructure as well. Cut Carr/not re-sign him for 2013...Maybe even restructure Snee as his production has diminished.

I think these are healthy moves for this team, giving us an opportunity to make key moves in FA that we usually don't make. We need LB's, DT's; CB's; OL; RB as well as depth players.

Comment

Our with the old and in with the new, many of these guys got a chance to 2 peat and are not showing up.

Tuck Gone
        Canty Gone
        Restructure CWeb
        Boley can go
        Dehil can go.

Leave money for cruz + bennet + brown.
        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
          Brady's defense is not too bad...The Patriots made a huge youth movement to revamp their defense after 2007 because the 2007 defense and previous defenses was very good for the Patriots and Tom Brady has been elite since at least 2005. The Patriots have a solid defense right now after having another cap room to sign Aqib Talib. The Patriots GM knows when to start the youth movement, manage their cap to sign high priced free agents, and even took a chance on free agent acquisitions like Randy Moss and Chad Ochocinco (which did not work out, but they were in dire need of a receiver).
          The Patriots defense is bad and has been for years now.

Comment

restructuring is like maxing out all of your 25 % credit cards .....then getting a 2nd mortgage to pay them off...
            all the while knowing that your budget could not afford what you bought in the first place.

stupid.....
            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

It's all well and good saying "cut this guy" and "cut that guy", but who's going to replace these players?

Ditching Rolle would mean the team takes a hit of around $5 million. Keeping him will result in a $7 million hit. Are you really going to find an adequate replacement for around $2 million?

Some guys can be released fairly easily, others can't.
              Hete are the approximate hits the team would take for releasing the following players:

Baas - $8.2 million
              Rolle - $4.5 million
              Canty - $2 million
              Webster - $3 million
              Diehl - $4 million
              Boley - $1.6 million
              Tuck - $1.6 million

(Correct me if I'm doing the math wrong)

Comment

Wow, I had no idea that we're this deep into cap space with some of these guys. That's what you get when you take a 3-4 DE and make him a 4-3 DT: a 8.2MM DT who needs to bulk up!, A 10MM CB who can't defend passes! A 9.3MM safety who n eeds totake the proper angle to aWR. This deosn't bode well for the Jints but explains where the money went and why we do not have LB's and O Linemen.

Comment

we need to stop restructuring......and stop overpaying.
                  you have to start somewhere.....if we miss the playoffs......dump these guys....take the cap hit for the year .....next man up.

at 9-7 or 8-8 , and over the cap ....you are obviously overpaying ...you gotta stop and bite the bullet at some point start to rebuild with younger cheaper.
                  due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                  my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

We have to keep Rolle surely.

Eli, Webster , Canty will be almost certainley be restructured IMO

Tuck - please retire before it gets embarrasing

Diehl , Bass ......Gone

I'm seriously worried about how we keep both Cruz and Nicks ( although i think Cruz has a sensible head and would not push it )
                    Non Omnis Moriar

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                      Diehl gone......Webster restructure......beyond that I have no idea.
                      Canty is overpaid for what we get out of him, so restructure there as well.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Releasing Diehl would cost the same as keeping him.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          Restructuring would just make the situation worse the following year

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            It's all well and good saying "cut this guy" and "cut that guy", but who's going to replace these players?

Ditching Rolle would mean the team takes a hit of around $5 million. Keeping him will result in a $7 million hit. Are you really going to find an adequate replacement for around $2 million?

Some guys can be released fairly easily, others can't.
                            Hete are the approximate hits the team would take for releasing the following players:

Baas - $8.2 million
                            Rolle - $4.5 million
                            Canty - $2 million
                            Webster - $3 million
                            Diehl - $4 million
                            Boley - $1.6 million
                            Tuck - $1.6 million

(Correct me if I'm doing the math wrong)
                            keeping rolle will cost over 9mil he has already restructured that is why. And yes you are going to take cap hits but why prolong it when you can dump the salarys start young guys and then the next season you are sitting pretty. and lets face it these younger guys seem to be producing more.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              Reese is like my uncle,

makes the min payment on his credit cards and then the next month owes more.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                                Reese is like my uncle,

makes the min payment on his credit cards and then the next month owes more.
                                Every team does the same thing. Plus almost all contracts are backloaded.

Comment

Working...
                                X