Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the killdrive lovers now ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where are the killdrive lovers now ?

    I guess it is quite obvious that our offense is rather pedestrian at most. Last year we had the benefit of 5 yard plays going for 60 yard TDs. (just like Killdrive drew it up ahaha) well this year we aren't getting super human plays from Nicks and Cruz and others. So Killdrive would have to use his 40 + years of coaching knowledge to come up with a fix ?? still waiting. Geeez the Browns offense is more efficient and explosive then our offense ?.

    So for all those who were always supporting his case and reminding us of our offense being ranked top 4 in yards or whatever ? where are you now.

    Bad offensive showings (look at the teams)

    Atlanta - 0 (nothing more to say)
    Redskins - 16 points (biggest game of the year at that point) Redzone disaster !
    Bengals - 13 points
    Steelers - 13 points (7 by the defense and they set up offense to score a few times) disastrous offensive showing and should have easily won this if offense could score.
    Cowboys - 22 points scored from Offense 7 by our defense not to mention we gave the offense the ball 6 extra times. Poor redzone and offensive showing and really a game we should have lost.
    Skins game - 27 points - 7 in last couple of secs.
    Eagles 17 points (ignored running game)

    Giants offense explosion (look at the teams!)

    Bucs 41 (terrible pass defense, 1 of the worst)
    Saints 52 (terrible defense worst in the league)
    GB 38 (without a lot of key defenders also no pass rush to worry about)
    Browns 41 (Browns are a lot more sound now, they were without Hayden and his backup)
    panthers 36 (I will give killdrive a little credit for this one, but Brown kind of stole the show and panthers werent really ready for us.)

    See the difference ?

    Good teams we dont fair well
    Bad teams we improve on our overall numbers.

    bottom line
    There is no consistency, cant move the ball very good on the better teams and redzone has been an issue for most of the year. Tynes having career year as a result.
    Last edited by sheepdip; 12-21-2012, 11:43 AM.

  • #2
    The Giants don't have consistency all around. I wouldn't blame it all on the offense. It's about the execution. Leave Gilbride alone.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Moke View Post
      The Giants don't have consistency all around. I wouldn't blame it all on the offense. It's about the execution. Leave Gilbride alone.
      If it is all execution, then KG should not receive any credit for when they were executing. I don't blame it all on KG, but to say that he takes no responsibility, or credit, for the offensive performance is, in my view, flat out wrong. Based on this philosophy, we don't need an offensive coordinator at all!
      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

      Comment


      • #4
        It's hard to leave him alone after that duckfart of a gameplan he used in Atlanta. When Gilbride's scheme works, it's brilliant. When it doesn't, it's catastrophic.
        It's like this team rolls without a backup plan.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
          I guess it is quite obvious that our offense is rather pedestrian at most. Last year we had the benefit of 5 yard plays going for 60 yard TDs. (just like Killdrive drew it up ahaha) well this year we aren't getting super human plays from Nicks and Cruz and others. So Killdrive would have to use his 40 + years of coaching knowledge to come up with a fix ?? still waiting. Geeez the Browns offense is more efficient and explosive then our offense ?.

          So for all those who were always supporting his case and reminding us of our offense being ranked top 4 in yards or whatever ? where are you now.

          Bad offensive showings (look at the teams)

          Atlanta - 0 (nothing more to say)
          Redskins - 16 points (biggest game of the year at that point) Redzone disaster !
          Bengals - 13 points
          Steelers - 13 points (7 by the defense and they set up offense to score a few times) disastrous offensive showing and should have easily won this if offense could score.
          Cowboys - 22 points scored from Offense 7 by our defense not to mention we gave the offense the ball 6 extra times. Poor redzone and offensive showing and really a game we should have lost.
          Skins game - 27 points - 7 in last couple of secs.
          Eagles 17 points (ignored running game)

          Giants offense explosion (look at the teams!)

          Bucs 41 (terrible pass defense, 1 of the worst)
          Saints 52 (terrible defense worst in the league)
          GB 38 (without a lot of key defenders also no pass rush to worry about)
          Browns 41 (Browns are a lot more sound now, they were without Hayden and his backup)
          panthers 36 (I will give killdrive a little credit for this one, but Brown kind of stole the show and panthers werent really ready for us.)

          See the difference ?

          Good teams we dont fair well
          Bad teams we improve on our overall numbers.

          bottom line
          There is no consistency, cant move the ball very good on the better teams and redzone has been an issue for most of the year. Tynes having career year as a result.
          Your quite the provocateur.

          Here we are coming off our second super bowl in five years and your killing one coach for our teams problems despite the fact our players are not playing all that well, and some are battling injuries.

          Oh yeah, even Tynes has not performed well as of late.
          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

          Comment


          • #6
            Not much to argue anymore. Some fans just don't appreciate how good we have it. Ramble on grumpy ramblers...

            Comment


            • #7
              ehh...I put no more blame on KG as I normally would. At time sits him, at times its Eli, at times its TC not forcing him to change things up.

              The only thing that really pisses me off is that in games hwere they should have a sense of urgency they Giants O has shown ZERO!!!
              Look at the Pats last week...down 31-3 and they tie it up by going speed no huddle...
              If I could ask TC or KG one question it would be that...."why dont you use the 2 minute or no huddle more often"
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                ehh...I put no more blame on KG as I normally would. At time sits him, at times its Eli, at times its TC not forcing him to change things up.

                The only thing that really pisses me off is that in games hwere they should have a sense of urgency they Giants O has shown ZERO!!!
                Look at the Pats last week...down 31-3 and they tie it up by going speed no huddle...
                If I could ask TC or KG one question it would be that...."why dont you use the 2 minute or no huddle more often"
                +1
                My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                  I guess it is quite obvious that our offense is rather pedestrian at most. Last year we had the benefit of 5 yard plays going for 60 yard TDs. (just like Killdrive drew it up ahaha) well this year we aren't getting super human plays from Nicks and Cruz and others. So Killdrive would have to use his 40 + years of coaching knowledge to come up with a fix ?? still waiting. Geeez the Browns offense is more efficient and explosive then our offense ?.

                  So for all those who were always supporting his case and reminding us of our offense being ranked top 4 in yards or whatever ? where are you now.

                  Bad offensive showings (look at the teams)

                  Atlanta - 0 (nothing more to say)
                  Redskins - 16 points (biggest game of the year at that point) Redzone disaster !
                  Bengals - 13 points
                  Steelers - 13 points (7 by the defense and they set up offense to score a few times) disastrous offensive showing and should have easily won this if offense could score.
                  Cowboys - 22 points scored from Offense 7 by our defense not to mention we gave the offense the ball 6 extra times. Poor redzone and offensive showing and really a game we should have lost.
                  Skins game - 27 points - 7 in last couple of secs.
                  Eagles 17 points (ignored running game)

                  Giants offense explosion (look at the teams!)

                  Bucs 41 (terrible pass defense, 1 of the worst)
                  Saints 52 (terrible defense worst in the league)
                  GB 38 (without a lot of key defenders also no pass rush to worry about)
                  Browns 41 (Browns are a lot more sound now, they were without Hayden and his backup)
                  panthers 36 (I will give killdrive a little credit for this one, but Brown kind of stole the show and panthers werent really ready for us.)

                  See the difference ?

                  Good teams we dont fair well
                  Bad teams we improve on our overall numbers.

                  bottom line
                  There is no consistency, cant move the ball very good on the better teams and redzone has been an issue for most of the year. Tynes having career year as a result.

                  Isn't this basically the same game plan that we used to win two Super Bowls?
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    ehh...I put no more blame on KG as I normally would. At time sits him, at times its Eli, at times its TC not forcing him to change things up.

                    The only thing that really pisses me off is that in games hwere they should have a sense of urgency they Giants O has shown ZERO!!!
                    Look at the Pats last week...down 31-3 and they tie it up by going speed no huddle...
                    If I could ask TC or KG one question it would be that...."why dont you use the 2 minute or no huddle more often"
                    +2
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Isn't this basically the same game plan that we used to win two Super Bowls?
                      That was last year, and 2007. Teams are not surprised anymore.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        That was last year, and 2007. Teams are not surprised anymore.
                        That's not my point. If the answer is yes, then it seems to me it's player execution or perhaps even who the players are from season to season.

                        This season we started the three safety scheme when KP was healthy and we throttled back on it when he wasn't. And yet we brought it back without KP and it worked fairly well. But we also had Jacquian Williams back on the field in that game. So it just seems to me it's not as simple as blaming the coordinator.

                        As a historical note, some have complained that TC is "too loyal" to his coaches and yet since 2006, three coordinators have been fired. None of us know how this team is run, who decides what, and when. We are fans and that makes us emotional as it should be.

                        We have two games left in the regular season. I think we'll win them both and go to the playoffs. But whether we do or not, this is still the best NFL franchise on earth and I'll continue to support them as I have since 1955.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Isn't this basically the same game plan that we used to win two Super Bowls?
                          I'm gonna try and be good here because hey they have given us two awesome play off runs culminating with Super bowl wins...Against probably one of the best and most successful franchises in football today.... The game plan needs to have some change to it or teams are just plain gonna figure it out......Again I'm just saying... and none of us really know what goes on in that department......creativity is important tho it keeps people interested and off guard some...
                          Last edited by byron; 12-21-2012, 01:10 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            We have two games left in the regular season. I think we'll win them both and go to the playoffs. But whether we do or not, this is still the best NFL franchise on earth and I'll continue to support them as I have since 1955.
                            As frustrated as I may get with play calling or what I perceive as lack of heart... this says it all.. except for the 1955 part, I don't go back that far . We have been very fortunate, even spoiled the past few years. The downside to that is that we sometimes forget how bad it has been in the past.
                            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by brad View Post
                              As frustrated as I may get with play calling or what I perceive as lack of heart... this says it all.. except for the 1955 part, I don't go back that far . We have been very fortunate, even spoiled the past few years. The downside to that is that we sometimes forget how bad it has been in the past.
                              It's great having all this seniority
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X