Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else feel bad that it's TUCK that's struggling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody else feel bad that it's TUCK that's struggling?

    The guy's a leader. He's a nice guy. He's the leader of the D line. He's got 2 rings. He might have been the defensive SB mvp last year cause of the safety and clutch sack.

    I know he joked about RG3 and all that but both you and I know that game was won because of a magic fumble TD and a missed FG.
    Despite that he's still a good guy and I really feel like his loss of ability has more to do with age rather than lack of effort.

    It's like with Ray Lewis. Ravens fans know he's struggling and he's average at best but you don't like seeing him not BE HIM because it's Ray Lewis. I'd rather see a jerk like Suggs struggling than Lewis.

    Sometimes if both guys are gonna struggle you just wish the good guy wasn't struggling more than the jerk that's all.


    Feels like when he leaves it will be the end of an era. Like Michael Strahan almost.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 12-22-2012, 12:24 AM.

  • #2
    I do feel bad for him. I just wish if he doesn't "feel" it anymore, he would announce his retirement instead of wasting a spot on the roster.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ray Lewis may not be the same player he was years ago, but he's still a very good linebacker. Crazy how a player who has played 17 seasons at the Mike linebacker position and still can play at a high level is very impressive.

      But back to Justin Tuck. I'm not ready to label him done. But I will say he's not playing like the player I expect him to play. He's earned the right to wear the C on his jersey, but as of late he's not looking like a Captain of the defense.

      I read comments on the boards as of late and majority of fans could care less if Tuck plays another down for the Giants this season or next. And it's clear why fans feel that way, frustration...
      Just last year Tuck was running down a runner 40 yards down field in the PRE-SEASON. Now it seems he's disinterested at times on the field.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by primetime View Post
        Ray Lewis may not be the same player he was years ago, but he's still a very good linebacker. Crazy how a player who has played 17 seasons at the Mike linebacker position and still can play at a high level is very impressive.

        But back to Justin Tuck. I'm not ready to label him done. But I will say he's not playing like the player I expect him to play. He's earned the right to wear the C on his jersey, but as of late he's not looking like a Captain of the defense.

        I read comments on the boards as of late and majority of fans could care less if Tuck plays another down for the Giants this season or next. And it's clear why fans feel that way, frustration...
        Just last year Tuck was running down a runner 40 yards down field in the PRE-SEASON. Now it seems he's disinterested at times on the field.
        I agree with the Lewis point. Although I also feel that being a member of a d line can put more years on you than a member of a linebacking corps. But of course there's still 20 Lbs I'd pick before him.

        However what he's done is incredible and he'll go down as one of the best lbs ever. People will talk about him like they talk about **** Butkis and LT.


        SERIOUSLY IT CENSORED THAT?!
        Last edited by GentleGiant; 12-22-2012, 12:47 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Buddy333
          Yeah. Him, Osi, JPP, almost the entire OL, Eli, and Nicks.
          Typical buddy.

          Comment


          • #6
            I like Tuck, which is why I find it difficult to hate on him. It's just disappointing to see him regress in this fashion

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nygfan90 View Post
              I do feel bad for him. I just wish if he doesn't "feel" it anymore, he would announce his retirement instead of wasting a spot on the roster.
              +1. Time for him to call it quits. And if not, it's time for the Giants to part ways with him. Can't believe his talent has dropped so much considering that he's only been in the league since '05, I think.

              I don't think he's been the same since he injured his shoulder when getting pushed from behind by a Cowboy o-lineman.

              Comment


              • #8
                I really like Tuck, but he is a shell of his former self.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                  The guy's a leader. He's a nice guy. He's the leader of the D line. He's got 2 rings. He might have been the defensive SB mvp last year cause of the safety and clutch sack.

                  I know he joked about RG3 and all that but both you and I know that game was won because of a magic fumble TD and a missed FG.
                  Despite that he's still a good guy and I really feel like his loss of ability has more to do with age rather than lack of effort.

                  It's like with Ray Lewis. Ravens fans know he's struggling and he's average at best but you don't like seeing him not BE HIM because it's Ray Lewis. I'd rather see a jerk like Suggs struggling than Lewis.

                  Sometimes if both guys are gonna struggle you just wish the good guy wasn't struggling more than the jerk that's all.


                  Feels like when he leaves it will be the end of an era. Like Michael Strahan almost.
                  I like Justin Tuck a lot he is a great Giant and has made big plays in the biggest moments for this team. I don't think however he is a great leader. I know he is a defensive captain but I think that comes from his status as a veteran and the things he has done in the past. Ive never gotten the sense from him in watching his interviews that he has the leadership presence of a Ray Lewis or even Michael Strahan. Those guys got their teams up for games. Tuck for as great a player as he has been doesn't seem to have that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I feel bad for him and really wish that he would snap out of it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I feel bad enough for him to think him and the rest of the line needs to get slapped in the face to get out of this rut!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        meh..I wouldn't bring up Strahan in that comment. One thing Strahan was good for was bringing 100% effort every game. Even when we were a garbage team, Strahan was one of the guys I enjoyed watching, win or lose. Tuck...I dunno what his deal is. Last year I felt bad for him, he went through alot. This year? Nah....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          U think he is a leader because I dont. What leaders mope around like he does

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm a big fan of Tuck's but man part of leadership is keeping any self doubts to yourself and NEVER letting them show it's a sign of leadership. Read the Art of War. When you're a leader you have to present an image that is super-human. Showing self doubt is a sign of weakness and uncertainty, which is NOT what you want to be telegraphing to your troops. They are looking to you to draw inspiration and examples of behavior.

                            Some people are born leaders (LT), some grow into it (Strahan), some can't shoulder it, apparently (Tuck).
                            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

                            "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have always liked Tuck the player, but Tuck the leader has been a mirage. I hope he gets well and decides whether or not he still wants to play becasue right now he's taking up a spot that a future player could be playing in.
                              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-22-2012, 10:07 AM.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X