Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Lewis is still out- will miss giants game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ray Lewis is still out- will miss giants game

    Per NFL.com

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...regular-season

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      Switchblade Ray will still be there to motivate his team.

      Comment


      • #4
        The article doesn't say he's out. But it seems that he will not be able to play tomorrow. I was shocked that he was practicing and trying to play after tearing his tricep muscle only two months ago.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by primetime View Post
          The article doesn't say he's out. But it seems that he will not be able to play tomorrow. I was shocked that he was practicing and trying to play after tearing his tricep muscle only two months ago.
          Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

          #Ravens LB Ray Lewis is NOT expected to return from his triceps tear for the regular season, I'm told. Back for the playoff still possible

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
            Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

            #Ravens LB Ray Lewis is NOT expected to return from his triceps tear for the regular season, I'm told. Back for the playoff still possible
            Ok, thanks. is anyone concerned about Haloti Ngata? Chris Snee has a bad hip, and God help us if Jim Cordle has to block Ngata.

            Comment


            • #7
              He'll still be on the sidelines. And the fact that they know that they'll have him back for the playoffs will still motivate the WHOLE team. Trust me, he helps them on AND off the field. I've seen a lot o Ravens game since moving to PA. We are going to have to go out there and show more heart than them if we want to win. They already have their playoff spot, we better act like we want one too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Lewis' best days are behind him, his primary role is to line everyone up on the field (aside from motivating).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FlyingTruck View Post
                  He'll still be on the sidelines. And the fact that they know that they'll have him back for the playoffs will still motivate the WHOLE team. Trust me, he helps them on AND off the field. I've seen a lot o Ravens game since moving to PA. We are going to have to go out there and show more heart than them if we want to win. They already have their playoff spot, we better act like we want one too.
                  He's been on the sidelines their last 3 games. They've lost them all! Emotional leadership only goes so far!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Even though he's not nearly what he once was as a football player, he's still bringing it when he's out there, and can still play this game at a high level. I, for one, am relieved that he's probably not going to be out there this week. He has slowed down, but can still move quite well, and is an incredibly smart defender.
                    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I must admit, I was wrong, and I'm glad that I was wrong.
                      For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

                      Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by primetime View Post
                        The article doesn't say he's out. But it seems that he will not be able to play tomorrow. I was shocked that he was practicing and trying to play after tearing his tricep muscle only two months ago.
                        It's being widely reported he probably won't play in the regular season

                        http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...#axzz2FMPu0ZWJ
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-22-2012, 05:07 PM.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                          Even though he's not nearly what he once was as a football player, he's still bringing it when he's out there, and can still play this game at a high level. I, for one, am relieved that he's probably not going to be out there this week. He has slowed dagreed. own, but can still move quite well, andban incredibly smart defender.
                          agreed. I feel a bit better bout this game. Also should help cruz shoj.d to he get his usual alligator arms once a game going across the middle...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No shock there I'm surprised he's even been talked about as having a chance of coming back from that injury.
                            "Release the Kraken!"

                            - Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ray Lewis is still out- will miss giants game

                              YEA !

                              Good Luck to him !
                              I hope he rest and plays next year !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X