Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now... To the Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So now... To the Draft

    I know there are still a chance of the Giants making to the playoffs, but I believe they are done. I'd like to see Giants going CB back in the first rounds, someone decently big like Jonathan Banks or Xavier Rhodes, Banks will probably be gone by the time we pick, but there is a possibility he falls like Prince did. Any thoughts?

  • #2
    yeah we need big physical corners, Jonathan Banks and Xavier Rhodes are both top CBs in the draft

    Comment


    • #3
      They need a lot. It all depends on who they part ways with, who they can afford to sign in FA, and some UDFA gems they might pick up.

      Comment


      • #4
        They could even go DE or Ol then possibly take a chance at the Honey Badger, I know he is off-field problem, but seeing Corey getting torched this season I think risks should be takes. Like look at the Bengals they gave a chance to Burfict, and now he is a starter.

        Comment


        • #5
          They absolutely need DE's because Osi should be gone and Tuck is done. He may still be on the team because they may not be able to cut him without it hurting their cap, but they can't rely on him.

          Comment


          • #6
            They definitely can't rely on Tuck. There are some D-line we could get like Ezekiel Ansah, which is pretty raw but a sick athlete. I like him a lot I believe the giants could develop him into a very good pass rusher, but I still think that the corner back is a bigger need for the giants.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm not too familiar with many of these DEs, but Xavier Rhodes,banks,Poyer from the CBs and Hankins,Richardson,shorts from the DTs are interesting in the 1st round...

              Comment


              • #8
                We need OL round 1. Baas, Boothe, Snee, and Diehl all need to go...

                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  First o-lineman, so Eli doesn't have a career ending injury. After that, secondary, linebackers. A play making tight end. Another running back that can block. Our punter can stay. lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    We need OL round 1. Baas, Boothe, Snee, and Diehl all need to go...
                    Originally posted by RagingBlue View Post
                    First o-lineman, so Eli doesn't have a career ending injury. After that, secondary, linebackers. A play making tight end. Another running back that can block. Our punter can stay. lol
                    Honestly, this.

                    When was the last time we drafted someone in that position? I would get a few not only to better protect Eli but so they could be able to create these things called "holes" (Anyone remember those?) for our RBs.
                    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

                    Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
                      Honestly, this.

                      When was the last time we drafted someone in that position? I would get a few not only to better protect Eli but so they could be able to create these things called "holes" (Anyone remember those?) for our RBs.
                      you're right but OL are so boring lol, a line man doesn't excite anyone during the draft

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The last of the Accorsi Five (Diehl-Seubert-Ohara-Snee-Kmac) have tanked. Overpaying old FA pickups for o-line is not the solution. We need to draft several o-line early, and develop them in-house. Does Reese not trust our o-line coach or something?

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                          you're right but OL are so boring lol, a line man doesn't excite anyone during the draft
                          I know but, at the end of the day, better OL = better play from QB, better play from RBs.

                          I would love..LOVE..to see a handful of games where or RBs got 200+ yards running, and consistently ran it for 150+ yards.
                          For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

                          Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There is a lot of value of Oline in this draft. OL, CB and DL is what I think it needs to come put of this draft. RB not so much we got three runninb backs the can develop, D-Wilson will eventually improve his pass blocking. I just believe that CB is a big need because it can have a huge impact in out D, like you guys saw it today, mostly to Corey's side. Beaty was a second rounder, I believe we can still get a better value by drafting an elite CB and then a OL on the second.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                              There is a lot of value of Oline in this draft. OL, CB and DL is what I think it needs to come put of this draft. RB not so much we got three runninb backs the can develop, D-Wilson will eventually improve his pass blocking. I just believe that CB is a big need because it can have a huge impact in out D, like you guys saw it today, mostly to Corey's side. Beaty was a second rounder, I believe we can still get a better value by drafting an elite CB and then a OL on the second.
                              Let's break it down by position...
                              -Eli is still our franchise QB. That said, I'd like to cut Carr for Perriloux. We need someone younger at the position there.
                              -I agree that RB is not a huge area of concern. Hell, we might even cut Bradshaw next year, with Brown and Wilson both having a year under their belts.
                              -Likewise, WR is not that big of a worry for me yet. Nicks was rushed back too fast, hopefully with a full offseason to get back to 100% we will get a passing game going again. Randle looked like he was starting to contribute, and even Jernigan got a target here and there.
                              -I still want to see what the Robinson is all about, especially since Reese hailed him as the JPP of Tight Ends. Yet, not a word from Old Man Coughlin. If he pans out and we keep Bennett, that will be tremendous.
                              -D-line may need a pick or two, but I think if Kiwi goes full time DE, we can cut the cruft (Tuck and Osi), and let JPP/Kiwi/Tracy/Ojomo be our rotation at DE. Canty/Linval/Kuhn at DT.
                              -Linebackers could use some improvement, but not a primary area of concern. If we keep Blackburn, Boley, Jacquian, and Rivers, I wouldn't lose too much sleep.
                              -CB I actually think we'd be set at. Hosley has leapfrogged Webster. That means I see Prince/Hosley as our future CB pair. Will Hill could possibly transition to full time slot corner
                              -KP and Stevie at safety. Rolle can stay if he takes a pay cut... although to be honest he seems like one of the few that cared towards the end.

                              Which leaves us one position.

                              sigh...

                              Gut the entire O-line except for Beatty. Spend as many draft picks on it as you need to, reese. Fix that damn monstrosity, NOW...

                              If we had a top-level O-line, we could do so much more. Brown and/or Wilson would be 100 yard rushers every week. Wilson would be far more effective once we let him run routes out of the backfield. Bennett could go out as well. We could empty the backfield and use 5 wide (Nicks/Cruz/Hixon/Randle/Jernigan).
                              Last edited by Toadofsteel; 12-24-2012, 02:58 AM.

                              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X