Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It took 7 years to develop Eli, and now rookie QBs play better than him.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli Manning played bad today but you know what? He didn’t go out there and quit like most of our defense did. As bad as Eli Manning was, he was not the main issue we had on that field today.

Comment

It didn’t take this time to “develop Eli Manning.” It took all this time for a piece of trash offense run by a piece of trash OC to bear fruition 2 out of 7 years in spite of the piece of trash offense put together by the piece of trash OC. It is a compliment to Eli Manning that he was able to make it work.
      Get rid of our piece of trash OC now.

Comment

I'll take Eli any day of the week, because he makes throws that I've never seen when it counts the most. Our offense is so predictable. It's not his fault. The defenses just get ready to unload on him.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
          Question: when was the last time our receivers were getting as wide open as these receivers?

Here's another one: looking at the Ravens, when was the last time our receivers made ridiculous catches?

****, even looking at that Colts game: Luck "torpedoed" a pass to Reggie Wayne in the end zone, where Wayne not only had to jump up but he had to extend both arms up in order to catch it.

We have a receiver like that, but only one: Nicks. Too bad he was playing injured for most of the season.
          You are absolutely right we have no physical receivers, all the teams have at least one, nicks was the closest thing to being a physical WR but not anymore. Our WRs are SOFT and can't win against physical corners. When was the last time a receiver made a catch and ran for yards? it rarely happens.
          Last edited by Cloud57; 12-24-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
            It didn’t take this time to “develop Eli Manning.” It took all this time for a piece of trash offense run by a piece of trash OC to bear fruition 2 out of 7 years in spite of the piece of trash offense put together by the piece of trash OC. It is a compliment to Eli Manning that he was able to make it work.
            Get rid of our piece of trash OC now.
            Just about every team, at least the ones with the best offenses, run some variation of a West Coast offense. The league is designed for offenses to flourish and they make it nearly impossible for a defense to react well to the offense. Despite all those advantages, the Giants still run an old offense that relies on the offense reacting to the defense. Our offensive gameplan is terrible and we need to bring in an OC who understands where the NFL is in 2012 and can run a more modern offense. Our offense has become way too predictable and it shows in the inability of our receivers to get consistent separation.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
              I'm not saying Eli ain't good, he's decent, but he's not as elite as we all want to think he is, the rest of the QB talent in the league has jumped tremendously. I say we look for the next franchise QB sooner than later because Eli already has peaked in my opinion.
              Eli is just below elite and he's what I would consider an "old school" QB

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                You are absolutely right we have no physical receivers, all the teams have at least one, nicks was the closest thing to being a physical WR but not anymore. Our WRs are SOFT can can't win against physical corners. When was the last time a receiver made a catch and ran for yards? it rarely happens.
                Nicks almost did that last week. If he wasn't injured, guarantee that he'd blow by everybody. Unfortunately, an Atlanta defender was able to trip him up.
                For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  Eli is just below elite and he's what I would consider an "old school" QB
                  I agree, I say Brees, Rogers, Peyton Manning, Brady and then Eli and and Big Ben just under elite.

Comment

Yes let's cut our 31 year old 2 time SB MVP QB.. Makes sense..

Comment

I love Eli and he's our QB. In a few more years, like around 2016 we'll looking into a high draft pick for a mobile QB. Hopefully Gilbride will be gone by then.

Comment

Keep talking **** about Eli non fans.. He will just come back and win another Superbowl..

Comment

Eli is the last of our worries...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                            I love Eli and he's our QB. In a few more years, like around 2016 we'll looking into a high draft pick for a mobile QB. Hopefully Gilbride will be gone by then.
                            We'll take Vick as a FA lol

Comment

Eli could possibly retire with 3 rings and you will have morons asking "Is he is a hall of famer" The fans today,

Holy ****..

Comment

Today's Defenses are easier to beat if you have an athletic, mobile QB, 2 things Eli isn't. Let's face it, the man is a statue in the pocket & has 2 left feet & rarely rolls out & forget about him running for a 1st down on even 3rd & short let alone 3rd & long like Cam, RG3, Romo, Russel Wilson, Kapernik & Luck can do.

Our next QB has to fit that mold as that is the QB of the future in the NFL IMO. When the recievers are covered & the Oline protection has broken down, it would be nice if we had a QB that could scramble & make some time for the recievers to get open or even run it for the 1st down himself.

Sadly, we don't have that in Eli. He's a classic pocket passer & cannot improvise like so many other young QBs coming into the NFL today can.

Comment

Working...
                                X