Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Staff

Lets say the coaching staff is fired.

Who do you guys think should be hired as a head coach?

I hate Bill Cowher by the way

I did hear people talking about the Saints or the Packers OC. But are there any defensive minded coaches out there that would be a good hire?

I honestly would like to keep TC and just sign two new young and energetic OC's but that's just my opinion.

Re: Coaching Staff

[quote user="Pakman"]Lets say the coaching staff is fired.

I did hear people talking about the Saints or the Packers OC. But are there any defensive minded coaches out there that would be a good hire?

I honestly would like to keep TC and just sign two new young and energetic OC's but that's just my opinion.[/quote]

Ohhhh we haven't talked about this in the last 15 seconds.

Ok in order of preference:

Joe Philbin (OC Packers)
    Pete Carmichael (OC Saints)

(there isn't a DC currently I like for a HC)

If we're going with retreads, Cowher above anyone else by a few thousand miles.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I believe killdrive was considered a couple yrs ago for oakland. So somebody thinks he can coach. As far as replacements for him Todd Hailey was fired in k.c. He was not a bad coach I thought. And a good oc in arizona
      Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Pakman"]Lets say the coaching staff is fired. Who do you guys think should be hired as a head coach? I hate Bill Cowher by the way I did hear people talking about the Saints or the Packers OC. But are there any defensive minded coaches out there that would be a good hire? I honestly would like to keep TC and just sign two new young and energetic OC's but that's just my opinion.[/quote] Ohhhh we haven't talked about this in the last 15 seconds. Ok in order of preference: Joe Philbin (OC Packers) Pete Carmichael (OC Saints) (there isn't a DC currently I like for a HC) If we're going with retreads, Cowher above anyone else by a few thousand miles.[/quote]

Mike Zimmer.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I honestly would like to keep TC and just sign two new young and energetic OC's but that's just my opinion.[/quote]

Here is a combo that I think we be very good for the Giants if they make changes:

Jon Gruden as the HC - I trust Jon to be his own OC and having either Ron Meeks, Spags (should he be fired at the end of the season), or Raheem Morris as the DC (I think that Raheem was too inexperienced to be a HC, but is still a good coordinator). I don't want Cowher, because I think he would want too much power, and he would want a 3-4 defense and it would detrimental to waste a year or two trying to get the proper personnel here to play a 3-4.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Pakman"]Lets say the coaching staff is fired. Who do you guys think should be hired as a head coach? I hate Bill Cowher by the way I did hear people talking about the Saints or the Packers OC. But are there any defensive minded coaches out there that would be a good hire? I honestly would like to keep TC and just sign two new young and energetic OC's but that's just my opinion.[/quote] Ohhhh we haven't talked about this in the last 15 seconds. Ok in order of preference: Joe Philbin (OC Packers) Pete Carmichael (OC Saints) (there isn't a DC currently I like for a HC) If we're going with retreads, Cowher above anyone else by a few thousand miles.[/quote]

Mike Zimmer.

[/quote]

I thought of Zim but I honestly think he's going to end up being a lifetime DC (and he's really good at it). From the interviews I've seen him in I just don't get the sense that he's HC material (totally subjective obviously).

But if we wanted a defensive minded HC, then yeah he would get my top vote.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I get blasted every time I bring it up, but Pepper Johnson has been learning under the wing of Bill Belichick for the past decade (and four Super Bowls), not to mention playing for him several more years and two more Super Bowls on top of that. I think he knows a thing or two about defense. Five rings as a player and coach.

How about Cowher with Pepper as DC?
              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

I personally think we will be hard pressed to find a much better HC. BUT...Sometimes you just need a new voice. Guys get used to hearing the same old stuff and it loses it's impact imo. Who that could/should be? I have no idea.

Comment

[quote user="Firenugget"]I personally think we will be hard pressed to find a much better HC. BUT...Sometimes you just need a new voice. Guys get used to hearing the same old stuff and it loses it's impact imo. Who that could/should be? I have no idea.
                  [/quote]

I agree, but I often draw the analogy to Joe Torre and Pat Riley... Fatal flaws that they just don't know how to fix... You don't want to let go, hoping the magic will come back, but they just keep falling on the same sword year after year. You have to make a change and get off the merry-go-round.
                  8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Vic ***ino....not sure how to spell his last name. Dcord from the niners. Guy has been with some good defenses throughout his career. I'd like him.

Other than him...I'll take Cowher

Comment

[quote user="hadenough"][quote user="Pakman"]Lets say the coaching staff is fired.

Vic ***ino....not sure how to spell his last name.* Dcord from the niners.* Guy has been with some good defenses throughout his career.* I'd like him.

Other than him...I'll take Cowher
                      [/quote]

Vic is a good basics kind of guy (which is why he's perfect with Harbaugh) but he doesn't have HC material in him.

Listen to an interview ... guy sounds like a putz.

Comment

If they do make changes, I think the Giants would hire Cowher, they have a relationship with Cowher. Giants like to hire known entities. Personally, I just hope they make the changes at the coordinator positions. I think Coughlin is a good head coach, but he is too loyal to his guys. I wonder if Coughlin might retire soon, he will be 65 years old. Just wondering out loud.

Comment

[quote user="galaxy10"]If they do make changes, I think the Giants would hire Cowher, they have a relationship with Cowher. Giants like to hire known entities. Personally, I just hope they make the changes at the coordinator positions.* I think Coughlin is a good head coach, but he is too loyal to his guys.* I wonder if Coughlin might retire soon, he will be 65 years old.* Just wondering out loud.
                          [/quote]

I'd be ok with keeping TC and KG if we got a quality DC to go with them.

Comment

Well I will say one thing, if Norv Turner got fired from SD, what do you guys think of him as OC here? Provided our staff is bye bye and we get a new HC that gets rid of Gilbride which I would love. I've always thought of Turner as a good OC just not a great HC. He also knows how to have a balanced attack with a good running game (future hall of famer by the name of Tomlinson)

On the defensive side of the ball however I don't really know who will be available. I really would not personally mind Spags as the HC here because I think combined with the scenario I mentioned above, Norv and Eli would handle the Offense very well while Spags handled the defensive side of the ball with which he would almost definitely fix all the issues we've had this year. Plus we'd have two coaches with HC experience which doesn't hurt (see Houston Texans this year)

What do you guys think? Possibly a pipe dream, but I think it'd be very possible

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Mike Zimmer.

[/quote]

+100

Comment

Working...
                              X