Kruunch's Take (Ravens Game)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kruunch's Take (Ravens Game)

If there was one aspect of this game I could blame on a single person, I'd feel much better about my Giants this morning. Unfortunately there isn't. I mean who can you blame? The blame doesn't lie solely with Corey Webster getting thrown at like he's an old tire. It doesn't lie solely with our LBers' arm slapping in place of tackling. It doesn't lie in our vaunted pass rush being MIA. It doesn't lie in our QB being inconsistent and indecisive. It doesn't lie in our wide receivers dropping everything but their jocks. It doesn't lie in our lack of a run game. It doesn't lie in the fact that we couldn't convert a 3rd down or that we had the ball for about 5 minutes in total. It doesn't lie in the offensive game plan that has become so one dimensional that my ten year old daughter was guessing the play calls before they were snapped. It doesn't lie in a defensive game plan so gentle, Gandhi would have approved.

So where does the blame lie? Well ... when every facet of a team breaks down mentally and physically as completely as the Giants' did yesterday, you have to blame the guy at the top of the pyramid ... Tom Coughlin.

I loves me my TC, but man was this team not ready to play or what. There will be (and has been) a ton of screaming for coaches to get fired; OCs and DCs and HCs and after the last two weeks, how can you blame the fans for being so furious with their defending champions?! There are no fickle fans today. You want KG gone? GOOD! You want PF gone?! GOOD! You want TC gone?! HELL YEAH! If you're not moving forward, you're going backwards and the Giants definitely took a giant step back this year. Onward and upward!

But after all is said and done and no matter what happens moving forward, I will always look fondly upon this coaching staff as the ones who once, seemingly long ago now but not really, had enough fairy dust to make magic happen.

P.S. - And yet, I still look forward to next week because there is an infinitesimal chance the Giants could still make the post season and if there's a chance ....
    Last edited by Kruunch; 12-24-2012, 09:01 AM.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I love Tommy c but I am so tired of the inconsistency

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      If there was one aspect of this game I could blame on a single person, I'd feel much better about my Giants this morning. Unfortunately there isn't. I mean who can you blame? The blame doesn't lie solely with Corey Webster getting thrown at like he's an old tire. It doesn't lie solely with our LBers' arm slapping in place of tackling. It doesn't lie in our vaunted pass rush being MIA. It doesn't lie in our QB being inconsistent and indecisive. It doesn't lie in our wide receivers dropping everything but their jocks. It doesn't lie in our lack of a run game. It doesn't lie in the fact that we couldn't convert a 3rd down or that we had the ball for about 5 minutes in total. It doesn't lie in the offensive game plan that has become so one dimensional that my ten year old daughter was guessing the play calls before they were snapped. It doesn't lie in a defensive game plan so gentle, Gandhi would have approved.

So where does the blame lie? Well ... when every facet of a team breaks down mentally and physically as completely as the Giants' did yesterday, you have to blame the guy at the top of the pyramid ... Tom Coughlin.

I loves me my TC, but man was this team not ready to play or what. There will be (and has been) a ton of screaming for coaches to get fired; OCs and DCs and HCs and after the last two weeks, how can you blame the fans for being so furious with their defending champions?! There are no fickle fans today. You want KG gone? GOOD! You want PF gone?! GOOD! You want TC gone?! HELL YEAH! If you're not moving forward, you're going backwards and the Giants definitely took a giant step back this year. Onward and upward!

But after all is said and done and no matter what happens moving forward, I will always look fondly upon this coaching staff as the ones who once, seemingly long ago now but not really, had enough fairy dust to make magic happen.

P.S. - And yet, I still look forward to next week because there is an infinitesimal chance the Giants could still make the post season and if there's a chance ....
      For whatever reason, this team has quit on TC as often or more as its risen up.
      They quite in one form or another in 2009, 2010 and now in 2012.
      I have said it in the past and I will repeat it now. How is it that this "disciplinarian" can coach a team that is capable of playing with such little discipline?
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

"a defensive game plan so gentle, Gandhi would have approved."

you deserve a Nobel Prize nomination for that one.
        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

I AGREE WITH THIS POST!

I think it makes it that much harder as fans to not be able to point our fingers at one player, or unit.

unfortunately, it seems TC has loss handle on this "train"

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
            "a defensive game plan so gentle, Gandhi would have approved."

you deserve a Nobel Prize nomination for that one.
            While I'm one who almost always blames execution and not the scheme, in this case (while the execution sucked) the scheme also sucked.
            Oh yeah...someone please tell Eli that on a direct snap, PLEASE DON"T JUMP IN THE AIR AS IF ITS A HIGH SNAP...IT TELEGRAPHS TO THE DEFENSE THAT ITS A DIRECT SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Just venting. Every member of this team sucked, right down to the ball boys. There is quit in this team and the leadership here sucks.

Comment

I dont know, I thought the ball boy was having a MVP season... lol

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
                I love Tommy c but I am so tired of the inconsistency
                Yeah I'm right there with you.

Strahan commented earlier this year that he didn't think the Giants under TC would ever be a great regular season team, simply because he's so demanding (players get tired and tune him out after awhile). He wasn't being a downer about TC, just stating his thinking behind the mid-season swoons.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  While I'm one who almost always blames execution and not the scheme, in this case (while the execution sucked) the scheme also sucked.
                  Oh yeah...someone please tell Eli that on a direct snap, PLEASE DON"T JUMP IN THE AIR AS IF ITS A HIGH SNAP...IT TELEGRAPHS TO THE DEFENSE THAT ITS A DIRECT SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Just venting. Every member of this team sucked, right down to the ball boys. There is quit in this team and the leadership here sucks.
                  I think he got this from the Tom Brady School of Acting.

Comment

I think he got this from the Tom Brady School of Acting.
                    Its just stupid. When he makes that ridiculous jump I immediately know what the play is. How stupid is that move?

Comment

For whatever reason, this team has quit on TC as often or more as its risen up.
                      They quite in one form or another in 2009, 2010 and now in 2012.
                      I have said it in the past and I will repeat it now. How is it that this "disciplinarian" can coach a team that is capable of playing with such little discipline?
                      I've found that this team, under TC has had equal measures of strong regular seasons, miracle seasons and season ending slumps.

2004 ... call that a wash being the inaugural year but ended in a definite mid-season swoon, blamed on starting Eli over Kurt Warner mid-season.

2005 ... 11-5 and take the NFCE ...strong year with a horrendous playoff game against the Panthers. One of the very few seasons we didn't have a mid-season swoon.

2006 ... mid-season swoon followed by backing into the playoffs (much like this year if we manage to get to the post season at this point). One and done.

2007 ... mid-season swoon followed by one of the most amazing runs in NFL history.

2008 ... most dominant regular season under TC ... started to swoon after Plax shot himself but got back up to win the #1 seed by beating the Panthers late in the season. One and done in the playoffs.

2009 ... mid-season swoon starts early this year due to horrendous defense (5-0 to start and 3-8 down the stretch). Blamed on defense primarily with Sheridan getting the sack (rightfully so).

2010 ... mid-season swoon followed by disappointing break downs in must-win games down the stretch. Finish an empty 10-6 but no play offs.

2011 ... mid-season swoon followed by another miracle run to the SB. Team does a 180 in play once in the post season and dominates defensively.

2012 ... mid-season swoon, most of which is happening in December instead of November this time which looks to end our season at 9-7 / 8-8 and no play offs.

The only consistency from this team is the mid-season swoon which has happened all but two years under TC. The swoon itself doesn't seem to impact whether we A) don't make the playoffs, B) make the playoffs and go one and done, or C) make a miracle run through the post season and win the SB.

Frankly it's baffling.
                      Last edited by Kruunch; 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Its just stupid. When he makes that ridiculous jump I immediately know what the play is. How stupid is that move?
                        Very.

But I happen to think that "selling a play" is an art form that's been lost in the NFL for quite awhile (on both sides of the ball).
                        Last edited by Kruunch; 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Very.

But I happen to think that "selling a play" is an art form that's been lost in the NFL for quite awhile.
                          The best way to sell that play is to look like you're taking a normal shotgun snap.
                          Its just stupid. If KG is telling him to do that he needs to say no from here on.

Comment

Its a move taught to kids from pop warner all the way through college and into the pros...... just saying

Comment

The best way to sell that play is to look like you're taking a normal shotgun snap.
                              Its just stupid. If KG is telling him to do that he needs to say no from here on.
                              While it's annoying, that's probably the least of what bugged me yesterday.

Warning ... I'm about to start ranting about David Wilson only getting three carries last night.

Because his blocking is any worse than what AB or Lumpkin was doing?! GRRRR!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X