Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players HATE playing zone defense.. Grant wants to play more man "D" .. WAKE UP FEWELL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players HATE playing zone defense.. Grant wants to play more man "D" .. WAKE UP FEWELL

I read this in the paper this morning but he is there article in newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...rage-1.3402513

Is it time for the Giants' secondary to man up?

Safety Deon Grant thinks so. He said the Giants have been playing too much zone coverage and they need to start being more aggressive.

"I think we just have to get back to
    challenging receivers," he said Monday. "When we go back into going out
    there, being physical, being aggressive, challenging the receiver, then
    we'll be successful."

I realize we aren't completely shut down in man but we are MUCH better
    & suited to play man. For one? Corey Webster shuts down his man,
    completely.

Our strength is a man base when we can jam the receivers at the LOS & disrupt their route with the QB.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Players HATE playing zone defense.. Grant wants to play more man "D" .. WAKE UP FEWELL

LOL I want Grant to play more sideline
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Re: Players HATE playing zone defense.. Grant wants to play more man "D" .. WAKE UP FEWELL

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]I read this in the paper this morning but he is there article in newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...rage-1.3402513

I realize we aren't shut down in man but we are MUCH better & suited to play man. For one? Corey Webster shuts down his man, completely.

Our strength is a man base when we can jam the receivers at the LOS & disrupt their route with the QB.
      [/quote]I LOVE Webby in a man base D, thats where he REALLY excelled.

We cant get much worse with Aaron Ross, and that was supposed to be his style of play coming out of Texas way back when.

I believe Prince was a press cover guy in Nebraska as well, but someone like redeyedjedi would know much better
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Too bad our D coordinator insists zones that only confuse our players. Then he rushes 3 to give the qb/wrs plenty of time to read those zones and exploit them. AWFUL scheming.

Comment

lol. They used a good amount of man against NO and how did that work out?

Zone or Man, this defense is garbage.

Comment

if the players are begging for it and we dont see more of it this week I will personally be on line buying Perry Fewell his train ticket out of town

Comment

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]Too bad our D coordinator insists zones that only confuse our players. Then he rushes 3 to give the qb/wrs plenty of time to read those zones and exploit them. AWFUL scheming.[/quote]Terrible, miserable, dis-spiriting and pathetic too! lol
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]LOL I want Grant to play more sideline
                [/quote]Me too, and take Ross with him.

Comment

The players know more about defense than Fewell does!!!

Comment

Sanchez could have a career game on Saturday against this group.

Comment

[quote user="daynemustgo"]Sanchez could have a career game on Saturday against this group.[/quote]

scary but true

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]if the players are begging for it and we dont see more of it this week I will personally be on line buying Perry Fewell his train ticket out of town[/quote]

+infinite
                        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

[quote user="daynemustgo"]lol. They used a good amount of man against NO and how did that work out?

Zone or Man, this defense is garbage.[/quote]

We played a lot of man vs the Pats and it worked wonders. Yeah, the Saints blew them up, but the Saints blow almost everyone up.

Plus, the zone has gotten us NOWHERE in every other game.

Comment

[quote user="daynemustgo"]lol. They used a good amount of man against NO and how did that work out?

Zone or Man, this defense is garbage.[/quote]

Well then you looked at the Patriots game, where I think we pressed much more than we did in the Saints game and we were pretty dominant on D for most of the game (holding Brady to no points in the 1st half is no simple task.) Not saying we'd have won the Saints game in that case just think it'd have been a better scheme. I think it's the off man which is still basically read and react that we get burned by giving receivers clean releases. When we press the wr's and te's and disrupt them at the line, it not only fits our DB's strengths but it gives the d-line a much better chance at getting to the QB. It fits this defense and is how we won the super bowl. How TC doesn't see this and make Fewell do it more, I will NEVER understand. It falls on him just as much as Fewell. They do not utilize this defenses strength in it's d-line/ pass rush and instead leave guys like canty and joseph on the sideline while rushing tolly jpp and tuck with kiwi in coverage...I mean are you ****ing kidding me? That is the exact reason why we get burned on 3rd and longs

Comment

One ofthe most effective ways to defend Plax is to jam him. But I hate the thought of him being one on one out there for long.

Comment

Working...
                              X